Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2005, 22:01   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the new Fiesta SXi 1.6 at Shaman Ford today.
Here is what i feel.
It looks good in black but the base orange model in the parking lot looks very flashy.
I prefer sober colours on the car.
The car looks good but not so good that you dream about it day and night.
The build quality is also quite good though not as solid as the Fiats.
The interiors are made of high quality materials which are just a notch or 2 below the city but the a.c vents are too in your face type but the overall feeling was good. Also the leather seats on this car was dirty (hope it is a TD car.)
As i could not drive the car, no comments on that.
Oh and the sales person was surprisingly helpful in comparision to the other people.
Old 17th November 2005, 22:04   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
1.6 Zxi Petrol Rs.6.29 lakhs (Approx 6.7 lakhs OTR)
Good Bye Honda City!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
1.4 TDCi Diesel Rs. 6.90 lakhs (Approx. 7.5 lakhs OTR)
Good Bye Accent CRDI!!
Old 17th November 2005, 22:16   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
I thought DICOR is the name give to the vehicle model itself, not a jargon used to differentiate and boast the engine as such... ??
DICOR= Direct Common Rail engine
Old 17th November 2005, 23:04   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Steer, Exactly my thoughts. When will Ford discontinue Ikon?
Ikon has already been discontinued. The 1.3 Rocam version is called "Ford Flair".
Old 17th November 2005, 23:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have test driven the car to its full extent.. I am not a good review writter though if anyone want to write a review on my behalf can ask me the details he want lol... The car is quite good. Good finish.. Interiors are good. Boots is also big. Even seats are comfy.. Noiseless being a diesel as i must say.. No vibrations.. even on idle... Acceptable pickup... Service after 10k... Suspension is a little bit stiff but was ok for driver..

Overall car is contender and will eat up market too..

Old 17th November 2005, 23:49   #276
Team-BHP Support

Dude, you sure are a man of few words!
Anyways how is the in city feel. As in when you are in 20kmph in third gear and you want to accelerate, does the 160Nm of turn help, or its just good on paper?
How is the top end of the rpm band. Does it have steam above 3500rpm or its just a city runabout.
How does it handle potholes. Does it pitch and roll or a good handler?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th November 2005 at 23:50.
Old 18th November 2005, 00:42   #277
Senior - BHPian

tsk1979.. i was waitign for ppl to ask me this thing.. Man car is rockign to drive.. Car starts making noise after 3- 3.2 k rpm in smaller gears. Car is soundless and vibration less and sales guy told me it got vibration sensors too. The car is solid and i have driven it on highway too.. Car cruises good on highway and looks like a highway diesel car.. don't even think of comparing this car with Ikon.. its way too better that ikon. the 160 NM they say turn help as soon as u steep up the accelerator .. but as i said this thing got rpm of 5 and 6 of red line.. so max u can accelerate is 5 as i wont go for a red line....

I accelerated the 2 nd gear upto 4 rpm so sure it can accelerate more... The handling in good quiet better than accent.. and u feel secured in car.. The breaking is good too.. the one i drove was equiped with ABS and EBD.. The sheet quality the ford has used in thsi car is tremedous.. The car is rock solid..

One thing i didnt liked is the bonut openign knob... that is it is left side of the car... it should be on the right side so that driver can open it.. lol... Overall i will give car 4/5.

2 things i must include..

1. the fully loaded diesel aint got alloys.. the diesel zxi is kinda base model but it got 4 extra features... defogger, cdplayer, speakers etc.
2. 2ndly instead of writting cigrete lighter they have written "Power Outlet".. which i fell is a good thing... man why write cigrette lighter lol...

If u need more info or clear up more things man do tell.. or if u think i m wrong some where do point it out to me.. so i can have a test ride of car again

Old 18th November 2005, 03:04   #278
Senior - BHPian

Once again, the better looking hatcback version never made it to India. Take a look at the upcoming 2006 Fiesta pics from Ford's UK site.

Old 18th November 2005, 04:41   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
2. 2ndly instead of writting cigrete lighter they have written "Power Outlet".. which i fell is a good thing... man why write cigrette lighter lol
That's because there is no cigrette Lighter. Most new cars dont have one, Its just a dummy cap on the outlet and you can either plug in your phone or a lighter that you buy separately. and BTW if it
was a lighter in there, they dont write it but would have a symbol of a lighted cigerette.
Old 18th November 2005, 08:16   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Ikon has already been discontinued. The 1.3 Rocam version is called "Ford Flair".
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4158

Remeber a thread I made a while ago? Check it out...........
Old 18th November 2005, 09:34   #281
Senior - BHPian

Looks like your dad's got some solid contacts in Maraimalainagar.
Any more scoops?
Old 18th November 2005, 10:06   #282
Senior - BHPian

Ikon 1.8D has allready been discontinued and as per dealers situated in chandigarh fiesta will take over Ikon 1.6 Models. Although company is not yet ready to dispose off the Flair version of Ikon for now...
Old 18th November 2005, 10:14   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Ikon 1.8D has allready been discontinued and as per dealers situated in chandigarh fiesta will take over Ikon 1.6 Models. Although company is not yet ready to dispose off the Flair version of Ikon for now...
I guess that makes sence also.. it cannot sell fiesta well with a 1.6 parked along in the same showroom.. n cannot say my own car is better than my other car.. n keeping 1.3 makes sence for giving compitition to esteem/swift/getz/sail ... its good what ford is doing i think
Old 18th November 2005, 12:44   #284
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I just went down ford showroom today for booking. They are asking rs 1 lac for booking amount.. Man isnt it too much.. They should ask like 10 - 20 k not 1 lac..

Also just came to know a new feature which i messed out yesterday... which is it tells you how much your car can run on the amount of fuel left.. The sales guy told me it is DTE system.. dunno wat it stands for ... lol..

So after all this i can say it is a small "Skoda Octavia"

Old 18th November 2005, 12:47   #285
cnu
BHPian

And when would the car be delivered if you book today ? I mean whats the waiting time ?

Most Viewed