Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2005, 19:15   #46
BHPian

well all i can say is ford need this one badly...to win back the trust of customers it lost with the mondeo....even if the price is a little a good product with a good packaging can sell...but ford needs everything....th largest carmaker in th world just hasnt got the indian formula right sadly...even the second rung manufacturers r piping them for the hot seat...!
Old 28th October 2005, 21:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Anybody know if the Fiesta is mod friendly? Heh!
Fiesta is EX-tremely mod friendly. Not to worry. Tons of hop up parts available and ready.
Old 29th October 2005, 18:18   #48
BHPian

hi ramkya,what i mentioned 2 days back was that the same diesel engine in the fiesta might find a place in the engine bay of the fusion too!!.ford is planning on launching a diesel fusion by jan or feb(the dealer here confirmed this!!)and i have driven the petrol fusion-its brilliant!!nothing else!!i fell in love with it after driving for just around half a kilometre(in fact if my next car is a petrol,i will buy it sure)
so ford wants to say this-performance fellows,buy the petrol fiesta and economy fellows,buy the diesel is it?well,what about those who want performance and economy?(buy a diesel and fit pete's tuning box i guess?turboindia,do you see an opportunity here?!!)thats where its going to lose out to the accent crdi!!
Old 29th October 2005, 19:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
buy a diesel and fit pete's tuning box i guess?turboindia,do you see an opportunity here?!!)thats where its going to lose out to the accent crdi!!
Done forget, the Accent can also be fitted with one.
Old 29th October 2005, 22:32   #50
BHPian

Any idea, what would be the probable mileage of Fiesta Petrol with ac on?
Old 30th October 2005, 14:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Dipen.
Don't forget the Accent will cost more OTR then the fiesta, will be noisier, less spacious and (i think) give less FE while the interiors will be of same quality.
Observer,
I think 9kmpl in city is a safe bet considering the Fusion gives 9.1 or so in city according to ACI.
Old 30th October 2005, 20:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Dipen.
Don't forget the Accent will cost more OTR then the fiesta, will be noisier, less spacious and (i think) give less FE while the interiors will be of same quality.
Lambo dude you seem to have more information on the new Ford than most of us - pricing, NHV, space and FE !
Old 31st October 2005, 10:58   #53
rkg
Senior - BHPian

review in The Hindu today

as per the review in hindu today, the turbo in diesel version kicks in at 1200 rpm and gear ratios are modified for comfortable drivibng in city.
Old 31st October 2005, 11:22   #54
BANNED

No airbags on the Ford Fiesta?!!

Hyundai and Ford should both learn from Maruti, even the top-end Swift has airbags. Like I've said time and again (in most of my posts), the Indian version of almost all cars are pathetic! Can you believe the Indian version of the Toyota Camry has dummy (take a look to see what I mean by dummy, the provision place is there, but the buttons are missing. Least Toyota could do is change the steering like in the case of the Indian Sonata Embera) audio controls on the steering wheel???

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 31st October 2005 at 11:26.
Old 31st October 2005, 14:34   #55
BHPian

IMHO... the Fiesta is a HUGE dissapointment that FORD has got for us! this Fiesta looks so uglish! its looks like a cross between the Ford ICON and the Maruti ESTEEM! note the front headlights and grill guyz, almost like the Esteem! even the interiors are not up to it! there is no doubt, that the NHC is a clear cut winner in this segment, along with the Optra! Fiesta might go good only for its Diesel engine! God save Ford!
Old 31st October 2005, 14:48   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
IMHO... the Fiesta is a HUGE dissapointment that FORD has got for us! this Fiesta looks so uglish! its looks like a cross between the Ford ICON and the Maruti ESTEEM! note the front headlights and grill guyz, almost like the Esteem! even the interiors are not up to it! there is no doubt, that the NHC is a clear cut winner in this segment, along with the Optra! Fiesta might go good only for its Diesel engine! God save Ford!
I recommend u to read the review abt fiesta in Nov Issue of ACI, It will change ur opinion abt it.
Old 31st October 2005, 17:47   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol Steeroid,
that's what i figured out from the ACI and the ad.
Insane Devil,
ACI has praised the Fiesta quite a lot and i am guessing the car looks better in person.
Old 31st October 2005, 18:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

read the review abt fiesta . i liked its looks. and what i liked better was that they may get teh 1.6 diesel nxt year .
Old 31st October 2005, 22:25   #59
BHPian

What about price

Still no details on the price front?.. How much does it cost??

and What are the model options.. Hindu does not say anything about which are the modes

can some one provide details on Models (base/middle/premium) in both petrol and diesel and how much each of these cost?
Old 1st November 2005, 00:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Lol Steeroid,
that's what i figured out from the ACI and the ad.
Insane Devil,
ACI has praised the Fiesta quite a lot and i am guessing the car looks better in person.
"Dipen.
Observer,
I think 9kmpl in city is a safe bet considering the Fusion gives 9.1 or so in city according to ACI."

doesnt sound like you were figuring out stuff from ads and ACI...you could add an "IMHO" so that the reader knows that its an opinion and not a fact (not yet, that is).

Lets see how the vehicle is...mags will always heap praise on new launches - when have we last heard them take a new car apart? They tend to gloss over the weaknesses and thats why I prefer to read from forums such as this one. Lets keep things objective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks