Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2005, 00:36   #61
BHPian

Obviously there was a sort of win-win agrement between ACI and Ford Motors India due to which the first test drive review is SO positive ....
But then , IMHO ... I think the Fiesta does seem to be a good car ... I dont mind the 'slightly' conservative styling ... and there are a lot of other things that i iked over all ..

I think ...again .. IMHO ... It will be a success !!
Old 1st November 2005, 01:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
Obviously there was a sort of win-win agrement between ACI and Ford Motors India due to which the first test drive review is SO positive ....
Exactly! I've stopped believing what our "Auto Journos" write since they will NEVER tell you the truth. I read the article on the so-called "SUV Shootout" between the Scorpio, the Safari Dicor and the Endeavour. All three vehicles came out smelling of roses...you start wondering why you bothered reading it in the first place.

Which is why I said we should be objective - at least we are not funded by manufacturer ads and so can feel free to call a spade what it really is. We should decide for ourselves after taking a test drive, or refrain from quoting these very mags verbatim or plugging their recommendations blindly.

The Ford Fiesta may indeed be a good car - lets find out for ourselves and then talk about it with authority.
Old 1st November 2005, 13:26   #63
BHPian

I agree with metallica and steeroid ACI is only trying to make money it always gives positive feedback about new cars like fiesta and fusion (fusion a big big flop) this time in shootout it was safari vs Endeavour andd they wrote well about safari in first hand at last at conclusion they started at + of dicor and then the- then they went to praising Endeavour saying its their best choice but for what the heck did they compare a base version of safari lxi (8lakhs)with Endeavour(14 lakhs) when the top end would just reduce the Endeavour to nothing.

Last edited by trinadha : 1st November 2005 at 13:27. Reason: spelling
Old 1st November 2005, 23:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

Similarly , they compared Skoda Octy , Accord, Camry , Mondeo and the C class in the same shootout.
They have gone beyond "nUTS"
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

well At this moment it is shocking. We want information from these mags and not some comapny speaks.

overdrive did it for honda. 24kmpl and such Stuff for the NHC
Old 2nd November 2005, 02:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu
i jus have this feeling that fiesta will crush corrolla, NHC et al.
ofcourse , thats just my feeling
Corolla ?? The Fiesta is not even in the same segment as the Corolla .

and ehh ... although I myself think that the Fiesta will be a great success, I still dont think it is going to impact other cars , let alone the NHC .
Old 2nd November 2005, 09:31   #67
Team-BHP Support

autocar global philosophy - New is best or all are equal unless it is a BMW or Porsche or Ferrari
Old 2nd November 2005, 15:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Was discussing with Ford's dealer for purchase of IKON 1.6 ZXI (not for me). He suggested me not to go for 1.6 zxi as the parent company has plans to phase it out.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Surprise : 2nd November 2005 at 15:24.
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Man ikon will be phased out. I talked to to dealer today and he said teh fiesta will take over ikon 1.6 models. Though flair will continue
Old 7th November 2005, 18:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Here all the dealers has got only few numbers of Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI & EXI with them in stock. The numbers are below 5. The dealers obviously has the information that manufacturers had phased out the 1.6 version of Ford due to launch of Fiesta. But it was kept secret. I guess atleast six months in advance they were asked to clear off the existing stocks of 1.6 exi and zxi.

It was great work from the dealers in maintaining this confidential info.

Also I was told there would be only a price diff of maximum 50-70K between Ikon zxi and fiesta. Any idea on this.
Old 7th November 2005, 18:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Check ford india's homepage http://www.india.ford.com/

It's showing the launch date is 15th November.
Old 7th November 2005, 18:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Also I was told there would be only a price diff of maximum 50-70K between Ikon zxi and fiesta. Any idea on this.
As per ACI there should be a base version. If this price diff is for that version then it would mean 6.5 to 6.75 L for the base petrol version. If so, then the base version diesel would probably cost around 7.25L to 7.5L. Both ex-showroom. Add 50K insurance and regn ..

OTR prediction would be
7 to 7.25 L for base petrol
7.75 to 8 for base diesel

A bit steep maybe. However it would be pretty good if Ford offers the top spec versions at these prices !!
Old 7th November 2005, 18:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
A bit steep maybe. However it would be pretty good if Ford offers the top spec versions at these prices !!

If petrol top spec version is launched at this price, I guess the base version would match the cost of 1.6 ZXI. Then this would be a attractive price.

What will happen to Ford Fusion?

Fusion OTR - 7.67 ( Chennai) & Fustion+OTR - 7.98 ( Chennai) without considering the 80K & 1L discount offered respectively
Old 7th November 2005, 20:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post a pic of the side and rear end of the Fiesta. Still dont have a full idea of how it looks?
Old 8th November 2005, 00:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Can someone post a pic of the side and rear end of the Fiesta. Still dont have a full idea of how it looks?

The Nov. issue of ACI has a lot a pics ...incase you are not in Chicago and in B'Lore right now.

I dont think there are enough pics on the net available right now.

Most Viewed