Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 16:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
The car looks great.But Problem is how Maruti can get people who want to buy a 10L + car into their showrooms to atleast have a TD.Maruti is yet to learn the art of selling upmarket cars.
Well, they should start attempting it ASAP. No harm trying. MSIL really knows how to sell/support their cars and most probably their dealers will bring the car to the customer's doorsteps rather than asking them to walk in and stand in a queue when a TD car is available.

It would be real fun to watch Honda's reaction.

Ref. the PDF, could it be a system generated translation from Japanese?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 6th August 2010 at 16:24.
Old 6th August 2010, 19:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

I think as long as you give a competent product with the right amount of features,build quality and a good engine people will buy it.Being a Maruti or a Hyundai does not automatically disqualify its products from being a success in the 10 lakh segment.We can already see that having a Honda badge is not helping matters for the Accord,CRV or the Civic.

For this segment all you need is a killer punch of a product at just the right price.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:52   #48
BHPian

Now why would Maruti mention source for each and every article in their own report!??

PS - I think its nothing more than a report prepared by an intern student and 10.1 lakh must be the suggested/market expected price I think.
Old 7th August 2010, 10:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Late November 2010, kizashi launch confirmed.
Old 8th August 2010, 14:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Unlike popular perception the Kizashi's rivals are actually the likes of Accord, Camry, Mazda6 etc...and not the Corolla or Civic, this Suzuki is a far more capable car than either of those.

The problem will be convincing the Indian public the value of the car, it will be very very tough to make people shell out an additional 5 lacs over a Civic or Corolla and buy a Suzuki.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:57   #51
BHPian

I think this is the outcome of a typical "Case Study" exercise of a B-School student group.

As regards the Kizashi itself, I never saw one during my 3 months in US, but then its' at best a tertiary market for Suzuki anyway.
Old 9th August 2010, 07:29   #52
BHPian

last week i hear from Maruti's MD interview that the Kizashi's launch will postpone.they said the lauch will be in first half of 2011.

i was wondering it will be in CKD or CBU.?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@GForce1980, awesome snaps there. Looks great in red. The first one is now my wallpaper.
@supremeBaleno
No Problem!
Yup! That's my PS3's wallpaper too. If you want more pics, go to the following link:
Suzuki Kizashi Pictures: Page 1 - Top Speed

I really hope this is priced in competition to the Civic in India with a 2ltr VVT engine (with an option for a 2.4VVT). Suzuki should also put in more efforts to make their engines more refined. They already are making superb chassis.

If it's priced around the Accord, I don't see many indians going for it. Including me. Its just out of my budget. I will probably have to wait for it to enter the second hand market.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:53   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I think as long as you give a competent product with the right amount of features,build quality and a good engine people will buy it.Being a Maruti or a Hyundai does not automatically disqualify its products from being a success in the 10 lakh segment.We can already see that having a Honda badge is not helping matters for the Accord,CRV or the Civic.

For this segment all you need is a killer punch of a product at just the right price.
You make a good point. The ol' Grand Vitara failed because it had a V6 engine (gas guzzler). The current Grand Vitara doesn't have the interiors that one would expect of a 15 lakh SUV, nor does it have a diesel engine. The Hyundai Sonata hasn't been marketed at all. In fact, Hyundai's dealers ignore the car. How then could it have any chance of success?

Maruti could launch the Kizashi with a "premium" feel inside out (no obvious cost cutting please) and a killer diesel engine. I think it might be worth a shot. Not saying brand won't pose a challenge. But previous Maruti 15 lakh products have had severe disadvantages.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^ I only hope that they dont do the same mistake they did with the GV in the name of cost cutting. The Kizakshi has all the prospects to get MSIL into a new territory.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti could launch the Kizashi with a "premium" feel inside out (no obvious cost cutting please) and a killer diesel engine.
Very true! But that's where Suzuki's problems start. They don't have one & Fiat's never going to give their 1.9.

Maybe their new partnership with VW can help? Does VW have a good comparable diesel engine?
Old 10th August 2010, 14:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
Maybe their new partnership with VW can help? Does VW have a good comparable diesel engine?
VW has the 2.0L TDI diesel engine currently being used in Skoda Laura/VW Jetta.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:24   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
VW has the 2.0L TDI diesel engine currently being used in Skoda Laura/VW Jetta.
That would be really cool to have, but the question is whether or not VW will give that engine to Suzuki.

Anyways, I was able to compile a comparison between the US versions of the cars:

Note: These are US figures so the figures are in Inches, Pounds & Cubic Feet.

The Kizashi seems to be more spacious than all of them except the Accord. Although the Corolla is quite close.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's marketing plan for Kizashi unveiled?-kizashi-comparision.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 16:04   #59
BHPian

Some report prepared by some one.. but not Maruti. Anyway, there are too much amateurishness in that PDF layout. Usage of Times New Roman font, and no mention of who prepared, or Date or that missing corporate look&feel all screams that this is a prepared by some project intern.

Time for a coffee.. yaaawwwnnn!
Old 11th August 2010, 17:08   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
Very true! But that's where Suzuki's problems start. They don't have one & Fiat's never going to give their 1.9.

Why won't Fiat give their 1.9?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks