Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 17:15   #61
BHPian

Its a rare good looking vehicle from Suzuki stables - the Swift front end actually comes alive in this size of Kazashi in my opinion. Something very similar to Beat-Cruze (I think the new Chevy front facia suits Cruze better than Beat)

But as long as Suzuki don't develop an in-house diesel, it will be very difficult to retain the cost advantage. MSIL is paying large enough premium for the 1.3 diesel going in Ritz, Swift & Desire, which brought them close enough to the competition in terms of price.

Realistically, I would expect Kazashi pertol 10-12 lakh and diesel (if any) at least 1 lakh higher than its corrosponding petrol version - unless they have an in-house diesel engine. Still not a bad deal I would say if they can match the build quality & reliability of this segment.

All in all - we are in for interesting times.

Last edited by XH_Vee : 11th August 2010 at 17:17.
Old 17th September 2010, 09:38   #62
BHPian

I spoke to a leading MS dealer in BLR yesterday and they re-confirmed the launch of Kizashi in Nov'10. But no information on pricing yet ...
Old 17th September 2010, 16:58   #63
BHPian

The pricing is estimated to be between 16-18L as per ACI. Its coming with a 2.4 ltr 178 or 184 bhp engine.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You make a good point. The ol' Grand Vitara failed because it had a V6 engine (gas guzzler). The current Grand Vitara doesn't have the interiors that one would expect of a 15 lakh SUV, nor does it have a diesel engine. The Hyundai Sonata hasn't been marketed at all. In fact, Hyundai's dealers ignore the car. How then could it have any chance of success?

Maruti could launch the Kizashi with a "premium" feel inside out (no obvious cost cutting please) and a killer diesel engine. I think it might be worth a shot. Not saying brand won't pose a challenge. But previous Maruti 15 lakh products have had severe disadvantages.
+1 to both.

Maruti, it seems, just cannot get out of their cost cutting, cheap interior, higher tolerance to rattles mentality. This may work perfectly in segments when cost is a major criteria and rest of the above are ignored.

Higher segments are a different ball game together and customers are less forgiving - good dealer network or not. That is one of the main reasons, Suzuki has just not been successful in non-small car segment, world over. Kizashi is a great attempt by suzuki to break this label. Hope the morons in Gurgaon don't kill its prospects in the name of "Indianizing" it!

Last edited by SunilM : 17th September 2010 at 21:15.
Old 15th February 2011, 21:30   #65
rmk
BHPian

Re: Maruti's marketing plan for Kizashi unveiled?

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Atlast the kizashi is on the indian roads..!!

Happened to see the overdrive TD.. That guy is simply awesome.
Well.. the price is awkward when its compared with civic, or laura or superb which they compared..

I remember this line from the td..

" the gear shift is so smooth... its makkam smooth.. the ride quality is superb. and soft... And it justifies the price to some extent "

Spending 16.5 lakhs on a sedan that comes only in the class of an altis or civic wont be a good idea though kizashi they say is class higher than the both. Well.. there's the laura, a possible petrol version for the cruze in near future, spenting money on kizashi is absurd...

Or else...wait for that localisation plans... that'd help cutting some serious cost...

Note from Mod : Thread closed as the Kizashi has already been launched.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2011 at 17:11. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks