Team-BHP - New 3 series with souped up engine (now at 186Bhp)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New 3 series with souped up engine (now at 186Bhp) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/83085-new-3-series-souped-up-engine-now-186bhp.html)

I had been to BMW Platino classic cochin to fix a niggling issue in my car and when i met the sales manger he told me that from this month onwards the new 3 series (320d) is coming with the 2 ltr engine at a higher state of tune vs 186bhp and 30Nm more torque. that seems to be the same state of tune in the X3 diesel. I think it may be a ploy to counter the new c-class with 205bhp twin turbo engine. Anyways good news for prospective 3 series buyers. I stongly think they have to bring in the 330d also like they brought the 330i.

I would love to hear what u guys think about it

This is indeed news!.Would be a stonker of a car then.
Although internationally BMW does not sell it at this tune,max is 177bhp.

Sounds like a great news. Currently for performance in that price range , I find BMW already ruling the roost and with better performing engine, it will be all the more sweeter. Hope , they continue
Executive CE trim.

Infact they had a new 320d in the showroom with 186bhp. dint take a test drive though .

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. All your posts have way too many spelling errors too. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Since its merely a higher state of tune, the current engines can be chipped to it anyway right? Perhaps even by BMW themselves

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1923356)
Since its merely a higher state of tune, the current engines can be chipped to it anyway right? Perhaps even by BMW themselves

thats a curious thing !!! are they gona do it like that ?

Dont they all do it.
New version with same engine but higher state of tune. even merc has done it before.
Btw, is there any all new engine for 3?

That means 380nm ??

:D I really don't know how to put this. The grin smiley just says it all.

I was told that apart from engine software tuning , they use a bigger engine fan and better intercooler.
for everyones info the 3 series beyond june 2009 come with encrypted ECU and hence donot allow a remap. tuning box is the only option.

Nirmal - The 204 bhp Merc is the petrol C250, not the diesel one...the BMW 320d in 2Od guise comes with

BMW India has no info on this, is this a one off car or an official upgrade? If yes is it under the same 20d designation?

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1923356)

BMW will not retune or chip your car. I tried to pull a few strings to get my 525d converted to a 530d since the engine is unchanged, just a re-tuned ECU but they weren't responsive to my idea, for obvious reasons :p

However, remaps and tuning boxes are readily available for those who want more power, even more than 380nM that this updated version brings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1924134)
Nirmal - The 204 bhp Merc is the petrol C250, not the diesel one...the BMW 320d in 2Od guise comes with

If u havent noticed , Merc has silently launched the C250 CDI Avantgrade which is a 4 pot twin turbo diesel with 204bhp (same engine on base E class). however merc still sells it with the dated 5 speed auto in India

In europe BMW 320d already sells with a fantastic 2ltr twin turbo engine. Hopefully it will come to india soon.check out this link (http://paultan.org/2007/03/26/bmw-an...esel-inline-4/)

Bmw india has not made any official announcement for obvious reasons

Should make on hell of an engine if BMW starts selling it here. And yes, the Merc C has somehow taken the lead in sales over the 3-Series which is very surprising to me.