Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 15:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad district and hight court still has NE's with those flags.
I have seen blue coloured NE's still plying at air force station begumpet, not a regular sight though.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 8th June 2010 at 15:29. Reason: comments
Old 8th June 2010, 15:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Here are the specifications of the 118 NE Petrol car:

- Manufacturer: Nissan
- Wheelbase: 2420 mm
- Track front: 1330 mm
- Rear: 1300 mm
- Length: 4050 mm
- Width: 1610 mm
- Height: 1435 mm
- Length:wheelbase ratio 1.67
- Ground clearance: 155 mm
- Kerb weight: 900 kg
- Weight distribution (Front)
- Fuel capacity: 39 litres
- Bore × stroke 73.00 mm × 70.00 mm
- 2.87 in × 2.76 in
- Cylinders: S-4
- Displacement: 1.2 litre 1172 cc
- Compression ratio: 9.00:1
- Fuel system: 1 Hi carb
- Maximum power: (DIN) 52.7 PS (52.0 bhp) (38.8 kW)@ 5600 rpm
- Specific output: 44.4 bhp/litre 0.73 bhp/cu in
- Maximum torque: (DIN) 79.0 Nm (58 ft•lb) (8.1 kgm) @ 4000 rpm bmep 847.1 kPa (122.9 psi)
- Specific torque: 67.41 Nm/litre
- Main bearings: 5
- Coolant: Water
- Bore/stroke ratio: 1.04
- Unitary capacity: 293 cc/cylinder
- Intercooler: None
- Top speed: 135 km/h (84 mph)
- Power-to-weight: 57.78 bhp/ton

[Source: Somewhere from the internet I had copied and pasted on my Orkut community a few years ago.]
funkykar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 21:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Karthik i think the NE petrol engine displacement is 1171cc (to be precise) and not 1172cc. Also would like to add some more information to your above post(hope you don't mind)
TRANSMISSION :
- Clutch : Dry, single plate, Diaphragm type
- Gearbox : 4 Speed All Synchromesh floor shift gear lever
- Rear wheel drive pattern
STEERING AND SUSPENSION :
- Type : Worm and Roller
-Turning Circle(dia) : 10.7m
-Front Suspension: Independent with swing arm, coil springs, stabilizer bars. Telescopic Dampers
-Rear Suspension : Rigid axle, 4 longitudinal and 1 transverse anchor rod, coil springs, Telescopic Dampers
CAPACITY AND WEIGHTS:
-Trunk Volume: 385 Ltr
-Unladen Weight: 900Kg(for A/C car935Kg)
-Payload: 400Kg(5 Passengers+50Kg)
BRAKES, WHEELS AND TYRES:
-Front Brake : Disc
-Rear Brake : Drum
-Wheel size: 4.5 J x 13
-Tyres: 5.60 x 13-6PR
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 21:36   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Here are the specifications of the 118 NE Petrol car:
- Manufacturer: Nissan
NE was manufactured by Premier Automobiles Limited. Engine and gearbox was from Nissan, hence the name NE.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:16   #20
BHPian

hi so finally the 118NE show begins in namma bengaluru so how many more cities to follow to make the shape up the NE way congrats for the founders
Old 8th June 2010, 22:30   #21

Congratulations guys! Great initiative...Let me know if you guys come across a good 118, I am very interested in picking one up.

One of my cousins mentioned that there is a 118 up for auction in one of the banks here in Bangalore - can one of you help me in evaluating the car?

Also, how difficult is it to get parts? Am sure these auction cars will involve quite a bit of work to make it roadworthy.

Please give me directions to get to the "scrapyard" you guys frequent. I did not where it was located in Bangalore!!!
Old 8th June 2010, 23:26   #22
BANNED

Hi Divz! Will surely let you know if any good NE is up for grabs.

I don't think its a good idea to buy in an auction.

Spares are manageable right now. Engine and gearbox are available for 5k in Scrapyard.

Bengaluru scrapyard "Gujiri" is located opposite to Russel Market, Shivajnagar.
Old 9th June 2010, 00:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Sagar and Arun, thanks for the corrections and the additional information. I am very greatful to you guys.

Imperial sir: Thanks a lot and hope many more NE clubs surface. Literally I can blindly believe that this club is the first in India. I have seen numerous people liking and loving the NE. When it comes to practicality, that fades off. I know, that rusting issue being the primary concern puts many people off. The NE club is more like a loosing battle which we want to win. Thanks to everyone who are supporting our cause. I would like to re-iterate, my aim is to keep atleast one running NE until I breathe on this planet. I dont know if I would be successful, but I will never give up.

Divz: Thanks for making it NECBs day. You are at the right place. NECB will provide you the fullest support. Please stay in touch
Old 9th June 2010, 09:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Here is what Chethan and Daya have to say about themselves and how they liked the NE:

Alright. So, here we go. I am Chethan, a diehard fan of Old Cars and Scooters. Whenever I see them on roads I simply stop there and start admiring them, in whatever condition they are, they simple catch my eyes and won’t let me to take my eyes from them.

Daya, you can call him as my partner in crime a Mechanical Engineer in HAL. I never knew Daya also had a same craze like me. One fine day, as we were chatting, we both decided to buy a FIAT 1100 at first and we went in search of FIAT in every galli’s near malleshwaram, Rajajinagar, Sadashivnagar etc. There we saw a 118 NE, which caught our breath. It was stunning, and the way it was looking at us, I started humming a song, “Uff teri adaa, I like the way you move” Then and we both changed our mind, let’s start our search once again, but this time 118. The hunt began again; We knocked all the doors wherever we saw NE’s were parked. Got scolding’s from many indeed for daring to ask them to sell their car. After taking the scoldings we were like happy because, we could see the love they had on NE and the emotional bonding with it. There we came to know that the NE owner never treat their car as a just a car. It becomes a part and member of their family. These incidents gave us one more reason as to why me and Daya, should own an NE. We continued our hunt. Finally, we caught hold of a NE 1989 model, we dint want to miss the chance. We approached the car owner. Even he was too much connected with the NE. Finally, after speaking to him for about two hours, we could partly convince him to sell his NE. He took time of about 2 days to convince his family on this. Which in fact took him 20 days, I used to call him up everyday night to know the progress. So here comes the D-Day. Uncle himself gave me a call and asked me to collect our NE. What a moment!!!! Me and Daya, fully excited, and couldn’t believe what he saying. Had to pinch ourselves many times. Yup. There we go. We got our First car 118 NE (1989). Now, it’s a member of My Family, Daya's Family and also a Proud member of NECB"

Last edited by funkykar : 9th June 2010 at 09:36.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just a small update on the present members (Apart from the founders):
- Kannan, LCK Garage (Automatically becomes a member from FCB)
- Jeevan Joy (tbhp handle Airbusdriver), (Automatically becomes a member from FCB)
- Adhiraj (New member)
- Jatin (Has a Fiat 124 that came with Nissan engine) (Automatically becomes a member from FCB)

Hope this community grows and we are able to achieve the vision/motto of the club.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:32   #26
BANNED

Just a small update on the present members (Apart from the founders):
-Sujith Thomas, FCB (Automatically become a member from FCB)
-Arun Srinivasan, FCB (Automatically becomes a member from FCB)
-Karthik M B, FCB (Automatically becomes a member from FCB)
Old 10th June 2010, 21:34   #27
BANNED

Yeah! anyways I am the one who will be driving Maroon Ne to NECB meets!
Old 10th June 2010, 21:35   #28
BANNED

Am the owner of Earth Quake, so I automatically become a members too.
Makam, what about the 3 118's you guys saved from being scarped ? Are they aware of the club.

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 10th June 2010 at 21:37.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:02   #29
BHPian

Hey Nice start there..

I am working on the restoration of a 118. Its in Kerala presently. Will be bringing it to Bangalore after the FC and some mechanicals are taken care of.

Need your help in sourcing some parts for the Car.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^ Very glad to know about your restoration. Please do let us know the details of your 118 NE. Also, do post pictures of your car in present condition and restoration pics.

If you have the time to detail the restoration, please start a new thread for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks