Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 06:52   #76
BHPian

Viceroy

If I remember correctly, II18 NE has got the comfortable seats of 309GL/GLD when it was relaunched in the VICEROY form.
I have the news cutting on that. I will search and upload. Also, some of the photos of my 118 NE or 138D.

With sweet memories of the ever loved Nissan Gearbox....
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:14   #77
BHPian

Viceroy In August 1997 !!

Here is the news cutting on the introduction of Viceroy.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Here is the news cutting on the introduction of Viceroy.
The News cutting on the intro of Viceroy, is not here. I think, you may have to reattach it.

I am eagerly waiting for to see your NE pics. I just, I am too curious on this.

I second you on the comfortable luxurious seats of 118 NE. Nothing can match it. I wish to take the back seat when my NE runs on the humps of Bangalore roads. Unfortunately, I am the only to drive this baby, as I don't want anyone else to touch the steering wheel. I am bit possessive when it comes to NE.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

^^^ If my knowledge is correct, the Viceroys did have the TUD5 engine. The rusting issues too were arrested on this model.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
The News cutting on the intro of Viceroy, is not here. I think, you may have to reattach it.

I am eagerly waiting for to see your NE pics. I just, I am too curious on this.

I second you on the comfortable luxurious seats of 118 NE. Nothing can match it. I wish to take the back seat when my NE runs on the humps of Bangalore roads. Unfortunately, I am the only to drive this baby, as I don't want anyone else to touch the steering wheel. I am bit possessive when it comes to NE.
The image size of the news cutting was more. Now, I reduced it and trying.
I am attaching an old video cutting of my 138D (Diesel variant of 118 NE) car.
I was maintaining the car like new car !!

I still believe that the 118NE was never launched with TUD5. I am not sure. The only two problems I faced with my 138D was (1) Noisy and (oil) leaky engine (2) rusting. I was eagerly waiting for the launch of Viceroy with TUD5 engine since it will solve both my problems. Premier was having serious plans of TUD5 (as given in the news cutting attached by me). But, by the time, the company closed !!!
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-viceroy.jpg  

KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:39   #81
BHPian

Good piece of Article KMohanan.

I wish if the powerful engines would've hit the Indian roads, none of the present day cars can match them in terms of performance.

Its rightly said in the article - 118 NE has a comfortable seating for chauffeur driven class. So that the Owner can take the back seat and enjoy the luxury.

The Diesel variant is too noisy though. I have seen very few of Diesel Variant NE's in Bangalore.

Waiting to see the video asap.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:14   #82
BHPian

There are some more small problems associated with 118 NE.
One was that of the doors. The door alignments will have to be done
periodically. For properly closing the doors, you may have to 'bang'.
Once one door of my car opened while running. Luckily, nothing happened.
I immediately stopped and closed the door.
The 118 NE lacks the 'cohesiveness' of a car. I mean, we will feel that the
car is made up of various components and each are having its own dynamics.
Also, the side changes of the ignition key, steering control stalks and
bonnet opening all may feel funny for some.
In spite of all these, I will say, 118NE is a good car. I liked it a lot and
still I like to own.
I am attaching some photos (sorry, not very clear) of my 138D car.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-car1.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-car2.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-car3.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-car4.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2010, 17:37   #83
BHPian

Just got Chethan's NE spotted with another 1.38D with MH registration in Malleshwaram area.

These two cars really attracting most of the pedestrians walking there as well. Observe the second pic, a couple were trying to give some pose standing next to it, I believe.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-photo-0693.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-photo-0694.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-photo-0696.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

^ GreenDay, you seem to be going places! Really! What another co-incidence of spotting Chethan's NE.

The other NE also seems to be a good one. Did you get a chance to figure out more?
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:30   #85
BHPian

^Funkykar, Yup, I have been seeing this white NE being parked near beaguls basket ball ground (Malleshwaram) and got to know that the owner resides there. Did not get any chance to meet the owner yet. However, hope to meet him soon to talk about the passion.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:57   #86
BHPian

Drive to Tumkur :)

Had an opportunity to take Karthik's EarthQuake to Tumkur [Hire(Heere) Halli] on Sunday. It was a fun filled joy ride to drive his EarthQuake. EQ gave a tough competation to all of the fellow cars on the highway. It was easily fly at 140Kms. My friends who were the first timers in NE was stunned by its performance.

Amazing machine, you have got Karthik. Preserve it .

Here is a pic of the Stunning EarthQuake
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-1.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 18:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

^Feels good to know that you hit speeds up to 140kmph. I am sure you were a bit cautious, if not, you would have hit 150 easily. I feel a bit rusty these days as I have not taken her out for a long drive since quite some time. I feel relieved after you did the quick trip.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:34   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^Feels good to know that you hit speeds up to 140kmph. I am sure you were a bit cautious, if not, you would have hit 150 easily. I feel a bit rusty these days as I have not taken her out for a long drive since quite some time. I feel relieved after you did the quick trip.
^ The headers on your car was tempting me to keep my feet pressed on the accelerator pedal. I somehow managed to control my temptation .

Hope to see your EQ back in complete form before your marriage . I hope EQ will be accompanying you to the Mandap.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

The battery on the EQ is completely dead. It was on a stand by battery when you took it. I am still researching on which is the best battery. I have always believed in Exide, though they are expensive. I am willing to change if there is a good reason. Good reason = Price considerably cheaper. Better warranty service.

Exide with 5 years warranty costs roughly 5900 on exchange of old batteries. Please let me know which battery is the best for me, also let me know the price.

My battery mechanic told some model 39 Ford Ikon battery fits in perfectly fine and is pretty cheap and comes with a 1 year warranty. Ford doesnt give it just like that to anyone. You need to prove ownership or know someone there. I am trying to gather info on it. If someone knows about this battery, please throw some light.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:12   #90
BHPian

Exide Batteries are a good option though, but its quite expensive.

My 118 and my Bike both have got Amaron Batteries. I would suggest you the same, not because I am using them. But they have also got a 4 year Warranty + Maintenance free for next 4 years. Its not the normal warranty, but it has some more added advantage in it. I will look into the battery manual and the card and keep you updated. Amaron should cost you roughly around 4500.00INR.

Then you may decide upon, which one to go for EQ

To be frank, Amaron has never troubled me, till now

Note: Exide batteries are quite bulky in Size, i have seen it touching other parts of the car, esspecially 118NE. That is again not a good sign for the batteries life and for the car when it comes to safety and life span of the battery.

Last edited by GreenDay : 8th September 2010 at 19:16. Reason: Additional Points

Most Viewed