Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 16:51   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
How to Lock/Unlock in silent mode without the Beep.

Generic feature in AutoCop remote locking (not sure if others support it)
Usually u have 3 buttons, Unlock , Middle * Button, Lock

In case you want to Lock/Unlock in silent mode without the Beeep then
Press Middle button - Release - Immediately Press Lock/Unlock.

It will Lock or Unlock in silent mode.
+1.

This is one hidden feature I found in my Logan after 6 months of usage when I took the car back to the dealer and asked them to instal a switch to kill the reverse horn when I feel such a need. No one including the manager was ready to instal the switch as they felt it would be a breach of warranty conditions. An employee of accessories department knew about it and he told the trick after having overheard my conversation.

Not only does this feature allow one to unlock the car silently ... this feature is much more useful to kill the reverse horn when near or in a hospital, educational institution, private colony or any such place where the need of a reverse horn is not there.

There is no mention of this feature in the manual.
Old 20th June 2010, 20:24   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I discovered after few months in dzire that you can adjust the beam of the headlight. You can make it on upper side or on lower side as you want. It is helpful when driving in night in ghats. Also i have fog lamps in my car but forgot to switch it on in my recent trip :( I always forget that it has company fitted fog lamps.
This is a common feature in all vehicles. Rather this is part of the new CMVR regulations
Old 20th June 2010, 20:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Not sure if this a hidden feature or something crazy about just my Safari.

Turn On the ignition - turn On the rear defogger - Shut off the engine -> the defogger is still ON !!!
+1
My Vista has the same feature. Don't know how long this will be ON after ignition is switched OFF. Have to try.
Old 21st June 2010, 00:09   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Audio system.
In my fiesta, even without inserting the key the Radio can be switched on and enjoy
it. But when you do that, next time when you start the engine, the radio will also function automatically, even if it was switched off earlier.
The same is available on the Figo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
If i am not wrong, the audio system runs only for an hour without the key. A power saving feature.
Yes. As soon as it is put on, the display in Figo shows "one hour" briefly
Old 29th November 2011, 12:35   #200
BHPian

Re: Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage

One feature I discovered in VW POLO is, when you lock the car & leave turn indicator on, Parking light of that side (front & rear) comes on. Can be used if you don't want to switch on full parking light(which turns on instrument cluster lights as well) while stopping on road side or in poor light condition.
Old 29th November 2011, 13:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

In 2001, just a day after we bought the zen .I struggled for 2 hours to roll up my front PWs .Called experts who had been owning cars since ages .They said defective power window "Thats why you should never buy one !! " .I even thought of sleeping in the car that whole night as I was worried about someone stealing the car :P ( hadnt bought the garage cover ) . Then ,after 2 hours ,wondered as to what the small switch was besides the PW switch on the driver door .Pressed that ,and the windows roll up again

Locking /Unlocking the car silently through Autocop was something i discovered after 2 months
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 13:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

One feature in my Punto -

Turn on the demister in the climate control & the rear defogger automatically comes on. turn off the demister & the rear defogger switches off as well.
Old 29th November 2011, 13:22   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
In the Verna - the power windows work for about 15 seconds after taking out the key. A good feature I use all the time. I do not know if this is hidden BUT I knew about it after a few months
Does not work in our diesel one but does so in the petrol one
Old 29th November 2011, 13:47   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Does not work in our diesel one but does so in the petrol one
This is common feature in most new cars launched by Hyundai. Its a great feature. This helps if you have forgotten to roll up windows after turning the ignition off and removing key.
Old 29th November 2011, 13:57   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
This is common feature in most new cars launched by Hyundai. Its a great feature. This helps if you have forgotten to roll up windows after turning the ignition off and removing key.
Indeed a very useful feature to have. Should be there in all cars as we tend to forget rolling up windows quite often. Will be such a boon to have it.
Old 29th November 2011, 14:32   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
One feature I discovered in VW POLO is, when you lock the car & leave turn indicator on, Parking light of that side (front & rear) comes on. Can be used if you don't want to switch on full parking light(which turns on instrument cluster lights as well) while stopping on road side or in poor light condition.
Yes, I also discovered the same feature in my Skoda yeti.. Guess all Skoda/ VW cars will have this feature.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 29th November 2011, 15:28   #207
Senior - BHPian

Even the Punto has this feature, please excuse the blurred image -
Attached Thumbnails
Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-dsc_0729.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 16:07   #208
BHPian

That pulling out the headlight knob of the Fabia twice turns the rear fog lamp on. I was shocked the first time. Thinking my muskles have embarrased the Czech built quality.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:22   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
That pulling out the headlight knob of the Fabia twice turns the rear fog lamp on. I was shocked the first time. Thinking my muskles have embarrased the Czech built quality.
Thanks a lot. Even my Polo has it(same parent you know ). Was explained to me during delivery, but forgot. Though service adviser had no clue about it. (I had to visit once there due to some noise during turning, turned out to be minor lubrication issue). He told that this feature is there only in High line & not in Trend line. Too much for their Training, VW that is?
Old 30th November 2011, 00:20   #210
Senior - BHPian

How could I miss this thread filled with 'Hidden Treasures' on T-BHP. Its really very interesting thread.
My Ford Fusion (launched in 2004-05 IIRC) has most of the features mentioned in the thread, Wiper speed, Rear fog lamps, Radio for 1-hr, Crank protection, Storage below front passenger seat (not below driver's seat) and which can be accessed only by lifting the seat, so no one can search it if someone is occupying the seat so it is a real 'hidden' feature. It also has coin holder below light on-off switch, rear power windows can be opened or closed by driver even though window lock is in on position and not by rear occupants when in ON position, NO separate button for Fuel lid, which, in turn is actually linked with central locking (I think this may be common with all Ford cars), Door is locked by pushing the inside door open lever (no separate door lock button), Lights go off after 10 mins if left on by mistake, Doors autolock if opened by remote and not actually opened within 30 seconds. One more feature I really appreciated in this car is that when you use the turn indicator, it won't return back to its original position until tyres have come back in straight position and not like as soon as steering has 'started' to rotate in other position.

Last edited by carwatcher : 30th November 2011 at 00:23.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed