Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 08:55   #211
BHPian

Re: Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwheel View Post
+1
My Vista has the same feature. Don't know how long this will be ON after ignition is switched OFF. Have to try.
Defogger remains On for 10 mins even if engine is switched off. written in my indica manual. so i switch it off before shutting engine
Old 30th November 2011, 09:44   #212
Senior - BHPian

Well in the Civic I discovered these 2 features pretty late:

Front Armrest that moves forward after 2 months of buying our first civic.

Steering also has Reach Feature after almost 18 months of owning the car.
Old 1st December 2011, 08:03   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Does not work in our diesel one but does so in the petrol one
Works on my Diesel.Make sure all the doors are closed, switch off ignition. Power windows will work for 15 seconds. Post which there will be a small Click sound (Audible from drive seat) and power windows stop.

The Timer does get interrupted if someone opens the door within the 15 seconds.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:52   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Some neat features that I discovered in my Yeti after quite some time of using it:
1) With the cornering function (for foglights) if you select Reverse gear, both the front foglights also switch on to aid visbility
2) When the hazard lights are on (both blinkers on) and you are driving in Foggy conditions, and you click the indicator stalk, only the directional blinker remains on and the other one stops blinking till the indicator stalk comes to normal, after which both blinkers resume blinking

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 1st December 2011, 15:28   #215

After 3 years I discovered that the frequency of intermittent wiper ( for very lite drizzle) can be adjusted with the inner knob. Surprised did not notice it earlier
Old 5th October 2014, 08:32   #216
BHPian

Hi, Can anyone please shed some light about the hidden features in 2014 1.5 Polo? I tried some of the features mentioned in vento user defined features thread. But its not showing up in the new polo.
Old 5th October 2014, 10:56   #217

5 months after getting my 2013 i20, I discovered how to use climate control 😋 Didn't know that increasing temperature would reduce the blower speed :/
kikstharun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 13:09   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikstharun View Post
5 months after getting my 2013 i20, I discovered how to use climate control 😋 Didn't know that increasing temperature would reduce the blower speed :/
It was almost the same case with my brother-in-laws Vista D90. Like me he always drives his car with windows rolled up. This means AC is always on. During sunny days it would be fine but during nights or winters the chilled interiors would send a shiver down the spine of the occupants. Once I was at the steering wheel of his car and since the AC was too cold I adjusted the temperature knob to a lesser cold position. He asked me what was the purpose of that knob and when I told him that it was meant to set the AC temperature he was zapped and he was absolutely not aware of this feature even after one year in ownership of the car. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 5th October 2014, 16:26   #219
BHPian

There is an OBD in the figo which gives information on various parameters such as temperature, battery charging, RPM, and what not. Didn't know of this unique feature for nearly 2.5 years of owning the car, until fellow BHPian ramzsys guided me to it

Here's the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ciency-44.html POST: 660
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:58   #220
Team-BHP Support

I discovered a few nifty features in my Polo TSI recently:

- A few months ago: Remote window winder: Press and hold the unlock button on the key-fob and the car will not only unlock but also roll down the windows. Useful when the car is parked in the open, allowing the hot air to dissipate while you're walking towards the car. EDIT: Can be closed by holding the 'lock' button too!

- A few weeks ago: Anti-Pinch windows: The window will bounce back in the case of any obstruction.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th October 2015 at 17:25.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 17:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

I've always wondered where the track change button was on the side mounted audio control. Never understood the explanation from the manual as well. It was a chance discovery after 4 months of ownership. If you run your finger behind the central control you see in the pic, there's a roller control and you roll it to change tracks. Not so obvious and I don't think even the sales advisors might know it.

Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-renaultlodgyaudiocontrol.jpg

Well, this might be a discovery for users of Duster too!
Old 8th October 2015, 17:28   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Press and hold the unlock button on the key-fob and the car will not only unlock but also roll down the windows.
Hey suhaas307 I am sure you know this, but just in case you missed it, the feature works the opposite way as well buddy.

Press and hold the Lock button and all the 4 windows will roll up soon after the car is locked.

Just to add a few which I discovered on my GT and surely the other Polo/Vento owners may have already reported:

- When reversing, a beep indicates the proximity of an obstacle at the rear. The beep tone varies according to the distance between the car and an obstacle. What is interesting is that this beep slowly fades out if you are close to an obstacle and do not reverse any more

- Pressing the 'Boot Unlock' button from the key fob unlocks the boot. A long press of the same button actually pops the boot open.

- I am unsure if this feature actually exists since I have only noticed this once, wherein a visual & audio alert is thrown when the fuel reaches reserve (~60-70km range left). Additionally, another chime is heard if the range reaches a really low number like ~10km or less.

Any other Polo/Vento owners have observed this?

- Once the 'Startup Volume' has been set, the system always starts at this setting, irrespective of how loud the system was playing prior to the powering off of the HU. This applies even if you pause the music as well.

Lemme explain:
If I have set the 'Startup Volume' as 8 and I was playing my music at 12, if I switch off the HU or pause it at a signal hault, the system starts playing the song from only 8.

- I only discovered this recently, where the above feature also has an intelligent German thinking to it. If the 'Startup Volume' was set at 8 and I was playing my music at 6 before switching off/pausing the HU, the HU starts playing the songs from 6 and not 8.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th October 2015 at 17:34.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 17:38   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

It took me 8 years to realize that our '04 W211 E270 had an MP3 player!

That too, it was an accident! It took so long to load MP3's that I just thought it didn't have the capability - until one drive when I was too engrossed on the road, and the CD changed to the next one (which just happened to be a MP3), and magically after 5 minutes, it started playing.

Heck, at that time, I was going crazy trying to figure out a cost-effective way to play MP3s in the car!

Even then, it would skip the odd track every now and then.

It didn't help that Mercedes had completely stripped the car of all features (no sunroof, parking sensors, half electric seats, halogen headlamps, etc.); so a basic audio system wouldn't have raised eyebrows.
Old 19th October 2015, 16:58   #224
BHPian

I was going with a friend in his Corsa and wanted to switch on the cabin light. To my surprise, he said that it cannot be switched on using any button but you need to open a door. I was surprised and got him to promise me a party if i found out how to do it. (he had owned the Corsa for almost 3 years). A quick search on the net gave the solution that you need to pull out the headlight switch out. i got the party

Some months another of my friend who had a Corsa said the same thing. I pointed out the switch to him. seems most of them didn't know how to do it.
Old 20th October 2015, 16:10   #225
BHPian

About 3 months into my ownership of Palio Stile, I came to know that the A/C switch works independently of the blower controls, i.e even if blower is switched off, the compressor runs, throwing mild chill air, this was very useful when you do not need the air flow, but still want the chillness. This is one feature I miss a lot
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed