Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st May 2020, 21:29   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I will tell you something even better
Throw the key of your city inside the boot and try to close the boot lid. The feature you’ll discover is not even available in my Civic.

Regards.
Well even my mighty Amaze has this feature. Wonder why Honda has omitted it in a car which costs 20 big ones
Old 1st June 2020, 00:06   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
When you say blinkers am sure you are referring to the hazard lights in action during lock/unlock via keyfob buttons?

If so, this is a standard thing on pretty much all cars because hood has a switch like the doors that if you leave it open, will not allow the car to be locked.

In mine, blinkers won't function (doors don't lock) even when boot door is not closed properly.

I hope you are referring to the same?
Yes, was referring to the hazard lights. The doors were locking in this case and therefore it became a bit of a mystery for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I will tell you something even better

Throw the key of your city inside the boot and try to close the boot lid. The feature you’ll discover is not even available in my Civic.

Regards.
I discovered this very early during my first long trip in the car where i had put the spare in one of my bags. Cool feature this one.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st June 2020 at 00:23. Reason: extra spaces
Old 1st June 2020, 11:28   #243
Team-BHP Support

On my Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun/Montero Gen4, I found quite by accident that pressing the lock button on the key twice gets the ORVMs to fold in automatically. The opposite effect is observed by pressing the unlock button twice.

I didnt realise this was a feature till i came across it by accident.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:04   #244
BHPian

After 2 years of owning our Dzire AMT (3rd gen), we discovered these two feature:
1.The creep function won't work if the doors are open.
2.Double tapping the A pedal two times simultaneously will give you a instant downshift.
Both the features are quite useful.
Nazaar25 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:21   #245
KPR
BHPian

Yesterday night I had to park in a little dark space and for the first time I used Follow me headlamps in my punto. Now I'm wondering how did I not use this since last 4 years. May be I used a well lit parking lot.

Last edited by KPR : 1st June 2020 at 13:22.
KPR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 14:12   #246
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift odometer light

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Learnt from this forum about switching on the odometer light by pressing the odometer reset pin for checking the odometer reading even when the ignition key is removed. Interestingly even the dealers Service Advisors were unaware of this provision and would normally put in the ignition key and turn in on to check the odometer reading.

This is a feature I learnt now. Is this common for all brands? I have not tried it yet.

By the way, I don't know if there is lumber support in Fortuner. And how to use it

Please let me know if any of you are aware
Old 21st September 2020, 07:38   #247
BHPian

Yesterday I was having a joy ride with a friend late evening. It was getting dark I was driving leisurely and she was mocking me since she thought I was driving slow (Actually very slow 20-30 kmph from the beginning). A car was coming back with high beam. IRVM was distracting so I waved my hand around it to avoid the brightness. She looked at me meaningfully that I didn't understand. I nodded but she didn't say anything. Then I manually tilted IRVM, gave way to the car to pass and tilted it back.

This time She didn't leave me while having ROFL, asked "What are you doing"
I said, "It was blinding my eyes so I adjusted"
Then again She laughed with her heart content and said, "Dude, there is a reason why you have a small tilt in IRVM at the bottom center. You tilt that backwards to avoid brightness and set it back so that you don't have to manually adjust while driving... Got it?"

Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-img_20200919_131457.jpg
Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-img_20200919_131505.jpg

Seriously... Was it there in my earlier ride Getz too? I came to know about that little button just yesterday after driving for 4 years. She has been driving for more than 6 years so it is good learn from a master.

And one more learning: Until last year I had used sun shade only to block the bright sun front side.

Like this,
Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-img_20200919_131444.jpg

Until another friend used it, I didn't know one of the hinges can be removed and taken out and hanged on front passenger side glasses so that it can provide shade on the other side too.
Sun shade works side ways
Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-img_20200919_131431.jpg

In 2015 Creta official review one of the Fellow BHPian recently commented that he came to know about the follow me home headlamp function after driving the same car for 5 years...!

There is always a room to learn and grow. That brings this conversation. What are the nifty small yet significant features of the automobiles, you came to know after driving them long?
katsumoto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed