Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 00:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Tell me about that. I searched high and low for the AC button in the Punto - took me 3 days to figure out that the knob was the AC button. Duh!
When I went for PDI of my Punto, I was searching for the AC button and couldn't find it, then played around with the knobs and found out about the 'push the fan knob' feature to turn on AC.
Old 9th June 2010, 01:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Tell me about that. I searched high and low for the AC button in the Punto - took me 3 days to figure out that the knob was the AC button. Duh!
Very interesting feature , i was just wondering what would one do if he needs only the blower or am i missing on something??
Old 9th June 2010, 05:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Discoved a small compartment box below the headlamp controls in my Figo after a month. I keep my mobile in it. It gives you real joy in discovering these small features. Makes you feel that these have come for 'free' as you never thought of it while buying the car.

most probably you have discovered the sunglasses holder. is it lined with soft liner?
Old 9th June 2010, 08:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Learnt from this forum about switching on the odometer light by pressing the odometer reset pin for checking the odometer reading even when the ignition key is removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
It works on the swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
came home and checked. doesn't work on the Getz
It didn't work on WagonR; I guess this is a feature introduced (or a bug may be) during the Swift era. May be someone should confirm it on the new WagonR Blue eyed boy.
Old 9th June 2010, 08:44   #35
BHPian

after 4 months of owning a 120 CRDi - i found out that it had a chiler built in the dash and also AC vents for rear passengers under the front seats.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Very interesting feature , i was just wondering what would one do if he needs only the blower or am i missing on something??
In Punto it works like this, you keep the fan blower position to 1-4 for the blower to function. For AC, you press the fan knob inwards and a light glows on the knob indicating that the AC is switched on. Basically, the AC button is within the fan knob.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I found in my palio that you cannot switch off the headlamps unless you are in the low beam. I really appreciate this feature which make sure that when you start your car and switch on head lamps, you are always in low beam.
This feature is also on the Logan.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:52   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
In Punto it works like this, you keep the fan blower position to 1-4 for the blower to function. For AC, you press the fan knob inwards and a light glows on the knob indicating that the AC is switched on. Basically, the AC button is within the fan knob.

This is the same case with Opel Corsa too. Except you have to pull up the fan knob to turn on the A/C. I find it pretty amusing.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Discoved a small compartment box below the headlamp controls in my Figo after a month. I keep my mobile in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
most probably you have discovered the sunglasses holder. is it lined with soft liner?
It is this thingy ( borrowed again from Joethomasv's ownership thread)

I have also wondered what it is for?. It does not have any soft liner. Nice hidden storage spot though.

Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-311724d1269097565fordfigotitaniumtdciinitialownershipreportnew5.jpg
Old 9th June 2010, 18:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have also wondered what it is for?. It does not have any soft liner. Nice hidden storage spot though.
Probably to store fuses or spare bulbs?

1. This is from my remote - my remote has two parts. One part with switches and connected by a wire to the actual key. Invariably, I broke the key and was carrying both the switch and key separately. Once I kept the key in the car key slot and was trying to lock the doors from outside with the other remote part but doors won't lock!! Wov! Felt good about this feature

2. There were many switches in the dash and I was not sure what is what. After 30 days of owning the car, I complained to the dealer that, when I apply reverse gear I hear loud music (reverse horn) and I want a switch it on-off. And with a smile he pointed me to a switch on the dash
Old 9th June 2010, 18:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakehorsepower View Post
i dont know if this works on all skodas but works on my laura.
if you have the indicator on and switch of the ignition, th indicator light wont be on but the [arking light will glow(only one depending which side of the indicator is on).

This feature is there on Octavia as well
Old 9th June 2010, 19:03   #42
BHPian

Wow, amazing thread. I need to check if there are any hidden features in my Verna, Verna owners, any light on this????
Old 9th June 2010, 19:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

In the Verna - the power windows work for about 15 seconds after taking out the key. A good feature I use all the time. I do not know if this is hidden BUT I knew about it after a few months
Old 9th June 2010, 19:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
In the Verna - the power windows work for about 15 seconds after taking out the key. A good feature I use all the time. I do not know if this is hidden BUT I knew about it after a few months
Not to mention that if the parking lights are turned ON, and if you remove the key, it automatically kills or cuts off the battery power to the lights, A good feature.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I don't think this works on my cousins Verna (Petrol) - I'm quite certain, as I've been caught with the key in my hand and the windows still down several times - will reconfirm this weekend.

This is the best feature of the lot though

On my i10 - ORVMS fold 180 degrees to prevent damage; not strictly hidden, but a bit unusual, coupling the boot with the central locking, so if the doors are unlocked so is the boot, avoids accidental opening of the coot while opening the fuel tank (or vice-versa)

Last edited by adisag : 9th June 2010 at 19:57.
adisag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed