Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2010, 23:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Even if it DID turn on, what use would that be if the blower is off? There is a reason it turns on only when the blower is on, and it happens in all cars. But good that you made this 'discovery'.
It wouldn't make any difference, rather it's a good thing that the compressor does not start till the fan starts blowing air.

However, the primary reason of mentioning it here was to share & to know in case it is not so in some other car say a Fiat or Skoda or any other brand or model. I think I should have written it as a query

Drive safe.
Old 13th June 2010, 01:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

^^ In palio if you start the AC the fan also start at lowest speed, no matter at what position fan switch is.
Old 13th June 2010, 08:47   #108
BANNED

more hidden feature/tricks posted in this thread too..
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-variants.html (Getting Numeric Reading of Fuel Remaining in Litres in Logan lower variants)
Old 13th June 2010, 12:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

My 800's hatch used to rattle when it was brand new (way back in '97).We drove it like that for a year with all the rattle at the back thinking it was like that,till we gave the car for the 5k service.

The service advisor on being told about the rattling noise told us there is some sort of double lock on the hatch and you just have to bang it shut a bit.
Old 13th June 2010, 14:26   #110
BHPian

Honda Accord 2.0l iVTECH Petrol - after a year of driving it, I figured out there's a second cigarette lighter / power socket thingy inside the storage space under the armrest.
Old 13th June 2010, 15:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

Where is this? I need to check!!!

Turn on the lights. press the odo reset button thrice (first time gives you trip A, next trip B, the next is illumination control for the console.)
Old 13th June 2010, 15:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Turn on the lights. press the odo reset button thrice (first time gives you trip A, next trip B, the next is illumination control for the console.)
Hey mate, are you aware if this feature is available on any other cars as well?

In my Alto, first time it gives trip A, then B & a third time it gives the total odo reading (how much the car has run in total). In your car, is it this 3rd time where you can see the total odo reading that you can adjust the illumination?

Thanks in advance, drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 13th June 2010 at 15:35.
Old 13th June 2010, 15:47   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate, are you aware if this feature is available on any other cars as well?

In my Alto, first time it gives trip A, then B & a third time it gives the total odo reading (how much the car has run in total). In your car, is it this 3rd time where you can see the total odo reading that you can adjust the illumination?

Thanks in advance, drive safe.
Hey black,

I don't know about Alto, Swift/Dzire has this feature. Total odo reading is shown on the fourth press, 3rd press gives the illumination control.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:18   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I have seen that illumination control on the third press of trip button. But, how can I increase/decrease it?
Old 13th June 2010, 17:02   #115
MAS
Senior - BHPian

In my Fusion, i found an interesting feature, after owning the car for 2 months. When the front wipers are "on" (in any selection) and when i slot the car into reverse gear, the rear wiper automatically switches on doing a single quick wipe of the rear glass enabling easy reversing.

The reason why I discovered it after 2 months was that it rained only after 2 months of my buying this car.

In my Corolla, i discovered (?) that it does not have a tow hook in front in case it has to be towed in an (unlikely) event of breakdown. This speaks volumes on the confidence that Toyota has on its cars!!! I also heard that Innova also does not have this feature

Last edited by MAS : 13th June 2010 at 17:11.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:58   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
In my Corolla, i discovered (?) that it does not have a tow hook in front in case it has to be towed in an (unlikely) event of breakdown. This speaks volumes on the confidence that Toyota has on its cars!!! I also heard that Innova also does not have this feature
A bit off-topic, but couldn't resist saying that I would consider this a missing feature. No car manufacturer can confidently say that the car will never break down. What happens in case of an accident and car needs to be towed away.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
A bit off-topic, but couldn't resist saying that I would consider this a missing feature. No car manufacturer can confidently say that the car will never break down. What happens in case of an accident and car needs to be towed away.

+1.
And am a bit surprised that its not there. Thought every car has it and I consider it more of a necessity (even if its never used) than being a 'feature'.
Funny and strange.

Regards.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:02   #118
BHPian

^^
It's a Toyota. They don't break down. They just accelerate away
Old 13th June 2010, 19:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
^^
It's a Toyota. They don't break down. They just accelerate away

Yeah sure, I'll buy that.
Anyways is it similar with all the Toyotas sold here? And is it similar with some other brand too?

Regards.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:44   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I have seen that illumination control on the third press of trip button. But, how can I increase/decrease it?
Just press the other button and see the illumination increase and decrease. Found the same feature is in my Safari also.

Most Viewed