Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 18:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I have seen that illumination control on the third press of trip button. But, how can I increase/decrease it?
Once you reach the illumination control setting, press and hold the reset button, the illumination increases/decreases. There are four levels in the illumination, which are represented by dots. 4 dots mean brightest illumination. I suggest you keep it at lowest, else they glow too bright and make you feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Just press the other button and see the illumination increase and decrease. Found the same feature is in my Safari also.
There is only one button in Dzire.

Last edited by sachinj12 : 14th June 2010 at 18:19. Reason: Grammatical correction.
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2010, 18:42   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
In my Fusion, i found an interesting feature, after owning the car for 2 months. When the front wipers are "on" (in any selection) and when i slot the car into reverse gear, the rear wiper automatically switches on doing a single quick wipe of the rear glass enabling easy reversing.

The reason why I discovered it after 2 months was that it rained only after 2 months of my buying this car.

In my Corolla, i discovered (?) that it does not have a tow hook in front in case it has to be towed in an (unlikely) event of breakdown. This speaks volumes on the confidence that Toyota has on its cars!!! I also heard that Innova also does not have this feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
A bit off-topic, but couldn't resist saying that I would consider this a missing feature. No car manufacturer can confidently say that the car will never break down. What happens in case of an accident and car needs to be towed away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

+1.
And am a bit surprised that its not there. Thought every car has it and I consider it more of a necessity (even if its never used) than being a 'feature'.
Funny and strange.

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
^^
It's a Toyota. They don't break down. They just accelerate away
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Yeah sure, I'll buy that.
Anyways is it similar with all the Toyotas sold here? And is it similar with some other brand too?

Regards.
Very stupid to say there's no towing point and hence its realiable

The Toyota corolla does have the front tow hook, looks like few toyota owners never got to know about their cars better.

There is a round (1.5mm Dia) or a small squarish (1.5"x1.5") closing that conceals the tow hook or the towing point. Check your tool box for the tow hook. You need to screw them on during emergency towing conditions.

No car on earth is 100% reliable.
Attached Thumbnails
Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-toyota.jpg  

Old 14th June 2010, 18:43   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Just press the other button and see the illumination increase and decrease. Found the same feature is in my Safari also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post

There is only one button in Dzire.
That is right.

There is only one button in DZire.

Anyone else knows how to adjust it in DZire?
I will try the clock buttons.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 14th June 2010 at 18:45.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is right.

Hey Sumit,

There is no other way, that is the only way to adjust the illumination!!

BTW, is your temperature gauge accurate, mine shows 36 C when the outside is around 32 C. Only on few instances I have got correct readings.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:10   #125
BHPian

The homing lights proved to be a irritating feature on my safari 2.2 because anywhere i parked the car people around called me to remind that the car lights are ON.
Later i discovered the solution to disable the automatic lights when remote locking the car - First press the unlock button and then the lock button. This way the lights will not turn on while remote locking in the night.

Last edited by chaxy : 14th June 2010 at 19:13.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:44   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The homing lights proved to be a irritating feature on my safari 2.2 because anywhere i parked the car people around called me to remind that the car lights are ON.
Later i discovered the solution to disable the automatic lights when remote locking the car - First press the unlock button and then the lock button. This way the lights will not turn on while remote locking in the night.
Awesome, Thanks Chaxy.
I will try this in my Safari too.

Prem.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:32   #127
BHPian

Coin holders on the glove box of the Figo. Not a hidden feature, mentioned in the manual. Nice feature.

Hidden features you discovered in your car after regular usage-11062010748.jpg
Old 15th June 2010, 00:04   #128
BHPian

I have yet not seen the correct temperature on DZire.
Its mostly off by 2-4 degrees, depending on the time of the day.
Its mostly accurate at nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Hey Sumit,

There is no other way, that is the only way to adjust the illumination!!

BTW, is your temperature gauge accurate, mine shows 36 C when the outside is around 32 C. Only on few instances I have got correct readings.
Old 15th June 2010, 00:17   #129
Senior - BHPian

ok, here is mine. I was planning to tow a trailer with my van (never happened) and realized I could lock my auto shift to 3rd gear, but not any lower. this would be a problem if I was going downhill, since there is no engine braking.

one fine day (may be after 2 years of owning it)I realized that If I keep overdrive on, it uses all 5 gears. If I turn off overdrive, it limits to 4th gear. If I choose Low, it limits to 3rd gear, if I choose low AND turn of the overdrive, it limits to second gear. So now I have all gears except the first one.

wondering if it's usual and how many nissan users know about it. Most cars have a specific selection of 2nd and 3rd gear in addition to drive.
Old 15th June 2010, 08:24   #130
BHPian

Quote:
That is right.

There is only one button in DZire.

Keep pressing the same button for longer time. The number of zeros come down and so is the illumination.

Murthy
Old 15th June 2010, 09:58   #131
BHPian

Okay..here is mine on the ANHC

When you accidentally try to move the car with hand breaks on, it starts to beep instantly. Once you dis-engage the hand break the beeping stops. It is a nice feature I thought. I have done this mistake many times in my old car Santro and there was no audible warning except the ((P)) light which sometimes goes un noticed.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:14   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post

When you accidentally try to move the car with hand breaks on, it starts to beep instantly. Once you dis-engage the hand break the beeping stops. It is a nice feature I thought. I have done this mistake many times in my old car Santro and there was no audible warning except the ((P)) light which sometimes goes un noticed.
This same beep thing is present in my Punto as well.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:57   #133
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to find such 'hidden feature', But I found only a lot of design mistakes, which I failed to notice before buying. :-)
Old 15th June 2010, 12:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I experience the same with my Scorpio, which is a useless feature. We rarely get a chance to park the car in a black utter dark areas where you can not see your Palm, right?
I have to try the solution you've mentioned.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post

Hi Jayanth,

Nice thing to know, but it doesn't in my case.

I remeber I did the mistake of moving the vehicle with hand breaks, but I never hear any beep.

Would try this afternoon again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks