Team-BHP - Wagon-R Primea unvieled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Wagon-R Primea unvieled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8330-wagon-r-primea-unvieled.html)

NEW DELHI: Maruti Udyog Ltd on Thursday launched a new version of its station wagon model 'WagonR', with changes in the car's interiors and exteriors.

The special edition 'WagonR Primea', priced at Rs 3.89 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), carries many new features over the existing models.

"In the interiors, the Primea comes with a 2-tone colour plan and colour co-ordinated beige upholstery. It carries premium fabric, two-tone leather steering wheel and provides keyless entry," the company said.

The new model comes with alloy wheels, front fog lamps, chrome muffler cap, stylish body graphics and body-coloured door-handles, apart from a new-design speedometer.

Source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1276934.cms

:ZZZ:

There we go again! Not to worry, Maruti will launch a Wagon R Primea II around christmas too.

Well thats only cosmetic changes and infact not even body shape etc
and since when is it a station wagon ?

Yup..its all 'new'.......

Can't wait for the next major festival, for MUL to launch their special edition "Primeval."

Taking a break from their current trend of space-age graphics and futuristic speedometers, with the "Primeval" the WagonR will be going completely retro. It will now sport absolutely NO paint on the exterior, the new paint scheme will be called Midnight Void. Coming to the interiors, there will be NO upholstery offered because there are no seats. This new addition to MGA interiors is called Zilc(h)-antara Leather. The model no longer comes with Alloy wheels, instead sports space-age cart wheels. There are no body-coloured door-handles either, to save weight, because there is no engine, and you'd have to pedal with your feet. This is MUL's ultimate breakthrough in the quest for ultimate Green-Engine. MUL could give you a leather-wrapped steering wheel, but what would you do with it.

All this, at a modest price increase of INR 30,000 only, lap it up quick, only 7,000 will be produced in the one month limited period, and maybe another 20-odd-thousand in the many more months to come.

Ho hum......

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head
Can't wait for the next major festival, for MUL to launch their special edition "Primeval."

Taking a break from their current trend of space-age graphics and futuristic speedometers, with the "Primeval" the WagonR will be going completely retro. It will now sport absolutely NO paint on the exterior, the new paint scheme will be called Midnight Void. Coming to the interiors, there will be NO upholstery offered because there are no seats. This new addition to MGA interiors is called Zilc(h)-antara Leather. The model no longer comes with Alloy wheels, instead sports space-age cart wheels. There are no body-coloured door-handles either, to save weight, because there is no engine, and you'd have to pedal with your feet. This is MUL's ultimate breakthrough in the quest for ultimate Green-Engine. MUL could give you a leather-wrapped steering wheel, but what would you do with it.

All this, at a modest price increase of INR 30,000 only, lap it up quick, only 7,000 will be produced in the one month limited period, and maybe another 20-odd-thousand in the many more months to come.

Ho hum......

Thats too much. Cant stop laughing... rl:

Maruti just brings up these small changes to boost their sales. And most people still stick to the Maruti brand cuz of the ASS, i mean its available at each and every corner.

they did this 2 M800 sometime back. diff color diff names..

heheh maruti 800 has been redisigned so many times in its reign of more than 20 years that its hard to remember. I once saw a maruti 800 with japanese engine written under the hood. It was a strict 4-door with only the glass opening at the back.

back to the wagonR I own 1 and to tell you it really is comfy and entertaining to drive a wagonR. The new changes are radical though.

But maruti suzuki should stop giving make-ups to its old cars and get some fresh new cars in. what say guys???

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
The new changes are radical though.

What's so radical about a few cosmetic changes?

Another sad story from MUL. All they can do is give their cars makeovers and nothing else. The facelifts sometimes ruin the car looks overall. Look what they did to the Zen. I still feel the old Zen had more character

Yawn...!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
Look what they did to the Zen. I still feel the old Zen had more character

Yawn...!!!

TOTALLY agree ... the Old Zen looked so much better than the current one .
No offense to anyone over here ,but I think it is now the second most worst looking car after the Wagon R ... no offense again as this is my own humble opinion ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
What's so radical about a few cosmetic changes?

for me alloy wheels and fog lights are radical changes in a car like the wagonR.

I hope they bring back the tachometer too as it is mentioned that they have changed the dials. ;)
MIne has a tachometer(first generation vx model) and its real fun

I too find the old zen better but the zen carbon and zen steel were the best bet. Maruti should bring them back :)

Is it an all beige interior (seats and dash) like the NHC ? Anybody got pics. Should help getting rid of that grey expanse.

well, what else can they improve upon in this excellent car??