Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 17:13   #16
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Actually I am shocked by this announcement because it means they did not have this service until now. I was thinking all "luxury" brands in India have this assistance standard. But it is really shocking and sad that they did not. Well, it could just be my ignorance, but nevertheless, I am certainly surprised.
This is an interesting move by Toyota. I also found sometime back that the Corolla does not have a provision for the "Tow Hook" at the front. I heard that even an Innova does not have this feature. Speaks volumes on Toyota's confidence on their products... or just missing out on important features..
Old 13th June 2010, 19:13   #17
BHPian

^^
As I mentioned in the hidden features thread - toyotas don't break down. They just accelerate away
Old 14th June 2010, 11:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
This is an interesting move by Toyota. I also found sometime back that the Corolla does not have a provision for the "Tow Hook" at the front. I heard that even an Innova does not have this feature. Speaks volumes on Toyota's confidence on their products... or just missing out on important features..
Innova has tow hooks both at the front & rear.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Can existing customers opt for this or is it only for new customers?
I don't think so. The communication clearly mentions that roadside assistance is applicable to vehicles "invoiced after 1st April, 2010".
Old 17th June 2010, 04:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

So I am a bit miffed that by purchasing the Innova 6 months ago, Toyota will not cover me with this roadside assistance program.

On another note, my wife left the lights on in the Baleno on a shopping trip and came back to find that the vehicle had no cranking power. She had no clue what happened & called me. I gave her Maruti (specifically Varun Motors in hyderabad) number. Within 45 mins, a service van from maruti reached her and they jump started the car.

Total cost charged - ZERO. And my Baleno is nearly 5 years old now.

Now compare this to the Toyota 3 year roadside assistance program limited to vehicles bought after 1 April 2010!!

No wonder I will shift to Maruti again if they ever made a car like the Innova!!

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th June 2010 at 04:11.

Most Viewed