Team-BHP - Fiat to relaunch Uno with new engine, look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat to relaunch Uno with new engine, look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/83465-fiat-relaunch-uno-new-engine-look.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero (Post 175836)
Hey Harrie, I too love the Uno. My dad had one for a very short while once (only about 2 weeks while waiting for his next car), and I just loved it. Its design may have been boxy, but it still looked appealing in a boxy way and the space inside was incredible!!! It can really put some cars to shame as far as space is concerned. very very practical car. Good ride comfort too.

Hi Mods, I don't know if this is the correct thread. If no, please move it to a proper thread. It seems the FIAT UNO is back clap:, and HOW? replacing the very car that replaced it, the PALIO.

Here is the full story:

Fiat to relaunch small car Uno with new engine, look-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

regards,
adg_andy

Fiat SpA is resurrecting Uno, a boxy small car that best epitomises the Italian automaker’s chequered history in India, in a new-look green avatar.

Uno’s rollout could trigger the demise of Palio, a hatchback that has taken a backseat after the introduction of the Grande Punto last year, the persons said. The move is tinged with irony because the Palio was introduced in 1999 as a substitute for Uno.

The new Uno, which will use renewable materials to reduce emissions and enhance fuel efficiency and to be powered by a one-litre engine, could help complete Fiat’s turnaround. The design of the new Uno is far better and if priced right, it could drive in volumes for the company, said the persons.

The auto major has also drawn up plans to refurbish Linea and Grande Punto with higher-powered engines, in both the petrol and diesel versions. The multi-jet diesel, 1.3 Grande Punto will be launched in early July while the petrol 1.4 Linea will be introduced in August.

Having learnt its lessons the hard way, Fiat entered into an alliance with Tata Motors in 2006, the Indian automaker’s vast distribution and sales network and vendor base boosting its image in the country. Sales now average around 2,500 units a month against 500 before the 50:50 JV.

Source: Economic Times :: Fiat to relaunch Uno
(parts of the article have been pasted above. Mods, please merge/delete if a thread already exists, I could not find one)

Some pics of the Fiat Novo Uno 2011 from Fiat Brazil website (FIAT | Novo Uno).

Will they bring this one? Looks like Fiat panda

I guess the UNO brandname still has good reputation in India (remember the record bookings?) - Guess FIAT should bring it in to compete in the volume market.
The design looks somewhat similar to Honda Element.

This one (NOVO UNO) has amazing ground clearance, reminds me of Fusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adg_andy (Post 1932490)
Hi Mods, I don't know if this is the correct thread. If no, please move it to a proper thread. It seems the FIAT UNO is back clap:, and HOW? replacing the very car that replaced it, the PALIO.

Here is the full story:

Fiat to relaunch small car Uno with new engine, look-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

regards,
adg_andy

I am All for it ..looks excellent to me ...as Pavan said , better than a boxy Suzuki or Hyundai any-day .

A mini SUV ????
But I Suspect that to happen any time near soon enough. :Frustrati

New Fiat Uno is scheduled for launch next year in UK and I suspect if they will launch it same time in india . moreover they are still building their plant for new UNO in Serbia ( as per Auto car )

Fiat Uno 'on sale next year' - Autocar.co.uk

Looks like a mini SUV ... another Rio probably.

Whats with the grill or am I missing something? please:

^^ the above pics are of UNO crossover "Way". Its a small 4x4 similar to panda 4x4.

The hatch will look like this:

more pics on the international thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...aunched-2.html

I liked the design, when is this going to be introduced in India ?

what will be the positioning ? Entry hatch or Premium hatch ?

Indian Uno was a great car with a narrow but long stance that suits the narrow lanes of the country. Solidly built, the car offered tonnes of front and rear leg room and significantly cavernous luggage space. The car had everything that Indians wanted (including a fantastic diesel engine) except the premier connection. Fiat has got great cars. But they should get rid of partners and go alone in the A.S.S. section. Hope the new Uno retains all these virtues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .sushilkumar (Post 1932783)
I am All for it ..looks excellent to me ...as Pavan said , better than a boxy Suzuki or Hyundai any-day .

A mini SUV ????
But I Suspect that to happen any time near soon enough. :Frustrati

New Fiat Uno is scheduled for launch next year in UK and I suspect if they will launch it same time in india . moreover they are still building their plant for new UNO in Serbia ( as per Auto car )

Fiat Uno 'on sale next year' - Autocar.co.uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Head (Post 1932774)
This one (NOVO UNO) has amazing ground clearance, reminds me of Fusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by p'arth (Post 1932795)
Looks like a mini SUV ... another Rio probably.

This picture represents the model that Fiat could produce globally under the name Uno. It is to be decided between the picture shown earlier and this one.

Please excuse me for bad english. The text was in spanish and french and had to translate it. :Frustrati

In Europe come to be below 500, while the Mercosur replace the current model.
In Europe it would be placed in a level below the Fiat 500.
The new model, known as Project 326 / 327, take the 500 platform, providing a good space for four passengers in a vehicle of only 3.50 meters long and 1.50 high.
In Mercosur, perhaps, could be reached using any platform region.
We do not have specific data on the interior finish and equipment.
In Brazil are planning to produce it quickly and eventually present it in November 2009.
This new model could be marketed in Italy and South America, can reach to other emerging markets in eastern Europe and Asia.

regards,
adg_andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade (Post 1932814)
^^ the above pics are of UNO crossover "Way". Its a small 4x4 similar to panda 4x4.

The hatch will look like this:

more pics on the international thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...aunched-2.html

hmm. this looks better than the greeny one. should be a good seller if priced correctly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade (Post 1932814)

As far as I know, "Way" is not a 4x4. It is more like the Adventure model that Palio had. Way has way more ground clearance than Uno, and of course way more plastic cladding :).

Would the Uno moniker work in India? It is a gamble. People have both good and bad memories of the erstwhile Uno. It depends on what they remember the most.

Also, the article is really confusing. At one point of time, they say that Uno will be in India by this year end. At the end of the article, they go on to say that it will be launched in India by the beginning of 2012. I wonder which one is correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adg_andy (Post 1932827)
This picture represents the model that Fiat could produce globally under the name Uno. It is to be decided between the picture shown earlier and this one.

Please excuse me for bad english. The text was in spanish and french and had to translate it. :Frustrati

In Europe come to be below 500, while the Mercosur replace the current model.
In Europe it would be placed in a level below the Fiat 500.
The new model, known as Project 326 / 327, take the 500 platform, providing a good space for four passengers in a vehicle of only 3.50 meters long and 1.50 high.
In Mercosur, perhaps, could be reached using any platform region.
We do not have specific data on the interior finish and equipment.
In Brazil are planning to produce it quickly and eventually present it in November 2009.
This new model could be marketed in Italy and South America, can reach to other emerging markets in eastern Europe and Asia.

regards,
adg_andy

Also, to continue on the above info, I had a talk with FIAT people here in Casablanca and they say that both the old as well as the new would co-exist with each other. This view seems to be conforming to the below linked article which essentially says that UNO had quite a few good points and a good brand recall(over here in Morocco, about 70 % of intra-city taxis are UNOs lol: ).

New FIAT Uno 2011

regards,
adg_andy