Team-BHP - New 2010 Swift - coming soon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New 2010 Swift - coming soon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/83645-new-2010-swift-coming-soon.html)

Hi All,

New 2010 Swift is coming soon. Details as below:

The new bodyshell features ‘extensive use of higher strength steel,’ to make it both lighter and stiffer, while also safer for pedestrians and occupants alike. The new car is 90mm longer than the old one, with a 50mm increase in the wheelbase, which should benefit comfort and interior room.

The track is also wider, and accommodates larger 16-inch wheels with lower profile rubber. Suzuki suggests this and other underbody modifications mean even better handling than the already fun to drive existing version – hopefully not at the expense of its also impressive ride quality.

Powering the new Suzuki Swift will be a brand new 1.2-litre petrol engine and a revised version of the current 1.3-litre [COLOR=#0000ff]turbodiesel[/COLOR].

The new 1.2 petrol features Dual VVT technology – that’s variable intake and exhaust valve timing – for greater efficiency. This means it emits just [COLOR=#0000ff]116g/km CO2[/COLOR] compared to 140g/km from the outgoing 1.3-litre petrol engine – an improvement of 17 percent.

The 1.2 returns 56.5mpg on the official EU combined fuel economy cycle, besting the 1.3 by 7.8mpg. Remarkably, it also produces 92bhp and 87lb ft of torque (pulling power) – very high figures for such a compact naturally aspirated unit, and higher than those of the 1.3.

The revised 1.3-litre DDiS turbodiesel will arrive in the UK from 2011, emitting 109g/km CO2 and returning 67.3mpg (previous version: 119g/km and 62.8mpg).

Now Euro 5 compliant, the improvements have been achieved by recalibrating the engine management and reducing the internal friction.

Source: Suzuki announces first details of all-new Swift - Which? News

A thread already exist for new Swift and all the details with the pictures have been posted in it. Kindly use search option before creating any new thread.

Excellent piece of information. You beat SID to this one for sure.

I don't know if this will increase the waiting period for the SWIFT

Quote:

Originally Posted by driving_smartly (Post 1936683)
A thread already exist for new Swift and all the details with the pictures have been posted in it. Kindly use search option before creating any new thread.

Moderators: Kindly post the thread accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 1936684)
Excellent piece of information. You beat SID to this one for sure.

I don't know if this will increase the waiting period for the SWIFT

I have just booked the Figo diesel. Not sure if an extra wait for the new swift is worth... I am quite sure the car should be a joy to drive. With its longer/ broader physical attributes and with its new interiors, I still have second thoughts on this.

Please search and continue in existing threads. Thanks