Fiat Petra 29 48.33%
Hyundai Accent 31 51.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2005, 09:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
normally, The fact is you see more number of Accents on roads.. thats what finally matters.. no matter how much VFM the Petra is, the fact remains that there are so many people who dont even know that a car with this name actually exists!.. and see the number of votes for Accent yourself.. it substantiates my point..
Dceite - the thread was about the better car - and if more number of accents on road make it a better car , so be it...amen. thats not the reason u can decide whih is bettter.

i will gladly take the less visible car - Petra, as it will not be a known face , more novelty above the accent too.

and yeah check the votes - almost equal now ....
Old 1st November 2005, 09:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Dceite - the thread was about the better car - and if more number of accents on road make it a better car , so be it...amen. thats not the reason u can decide whih is bettter.

i will gladly take the less visible car - Petra, as it will not be a known face , more novelty above the accent too.

and yeah check the votes - almost equal now ....
No the poll was not intended to gauge the opinion about the "better car". This poll was intended to gauge the opinion about "which one will you actually buy".. no matter how many ppl swear by Petra's performance, Safety etc.(including me).. the fact is, in the end, when the buying decision has to be made, ppl just have dont enough guts to go with a company that is tattered to pieces. BUT, some brave ones do!.. its like investing your money.. some go ahead and take the risk and invest in stock market, and other choose to play it safe and invest in banks, post office etc. (if you understand what i mean!)
Old 1st November 2005, 12:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
but the Hyundai was and is still a better car.
Any specific reasons..?..
Old 2nd November 2005, 01:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

I chose the Petra for all the reasons mentioned by members who have favoured the car.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is one close fight!!
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Petra. Everybody knows technically Petra has it's edge over Accent. I don't have any compaints regarding Fiat ASS.

If I am in a land where only these two cars are sold, my choice will be only Petra...
Old 2nd November 2005, 13:59   #22
BHPian

Talk about Novelty...
I own a Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX Royal Gold Colour - the same Model has been re-branded as Petra..albeit different colours..
I haven't seen a 2nd Gold Colour Siena in Hyd..Howz that for Novelty & Exclusivity..

Accents..see them in Hyd @ kilo ka bhaav
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

If I had given an option between two cars, I would choose Accent over Petra. I had never driven either of the cars. I understand from the forum that Petra is a drivers cars & scores over Accent not only in performance front but also in space, looks etc etc. Almost gives a mileage equal to what Accent offers.

But Iam taken back when I think of availability of spares/takers when I want to sell the car(Iam not talking about lower resale value in comparison with Accent). Iam not saying there's a problem in getting the spares, but my perception says that. Want to play safe game, which I guess a common man would do (who don't have much knowledge about cars like me)
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:39   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh and according to the recent ACI spare art study, the accent was just marginally cheaper by 2K for the aggregate of parts which include doors, winows, engine parts so spare part of Petra isn't expensive either. I gues the 2K difference was there for the safety inbuilt in the body parts.
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

Can I mix 'n' match... Please.... I'll take Petra with Hyundai A.S.S
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

My heart rules over my head. So for myself, it'll be the Petra - good power, sturdy build, great boot space and fine ride.
For others, I'll recommend the Accent - it's a reliable and fairly comfortable car to go from 'A' to 'B' and currently, Fiat's future in India does not appear too bright.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

In case you guys were wondering, one of the votes for the Petra was me. I let my emotions do the talking way too much, so the Petra wins. Been in love with her since 2002 now, we go back a long time.
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just a thoughtL: If even half the number of people (including me) who love fiat and are members of t-bhp would have bought a fiat then Fiat wouldnt have been in the condition it is at present
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Car by car, it is not fair comparison. Petra is way way better than Accent. But, then Hyundai badge bear more signifiance in market than Fiat. Honestly, I thought it will be lope-sided poll with Petra as clear winner by huge margin. But I guess Fiat, as brand, itself managed to pull it down.
Old 3rd November 2005, 02:24   #30

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

when you say :hyundai accent v/s fiat petra" ur actually comparing the cars and not the companies imho....so as a better car ...fiat it is.and when you have a car like the petra,why wud anyone even think about resale value......u wud not need to sell it.its built like a tank,it will hold up to whatever u throw at it......so y worry about resale value.how many people sell off their palio 1.6gtx.i guess very few.there is nothing wrong with the cars that u need to replace them anytime soon.and i guess i am one of those who stuck to his decision.....of buying a siena 1.6(rebadged petra) despite the problems fiat is facing and i havent had a problem wth fiats a.s.s till date.i would not even consider an accent when i go out looking for a midsizer.and even though more accents sell does not mean that it is a better car,its just that a majority of indians are ignorant and go by word of mouth rather than looking at the car themselves.maruti 800 sells the most....does that mean its a good car.the only thing that goes against fiat is its a.s.s. and trust me its not bad at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks