Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 09:33   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think Verna transform is inspired by this kind of image:
had a good laugh over this picture comparision but sadly its true.
plus the fact that it does not have airbags,they should be sued.When the same verna in all other countries is selling with airbags ,hyundai thinks that Indian lives are not worth it.I really hope that no buys this crap which will force hyundai to bring the next gen faster,hopefully with airbags.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
had a good laugh over this picture comparision but sadly its true.
plus the fact that it does not have airbags,they should be sued.When the same verna in all other countries is selling with airbags ,hyundai thinks that Indian lives are not worth it.I really hope that no buys this crap which will force hyundai to bring the next gen faster,hopefully with airbags.
You know what the saddest thing is? It's that us, Indian's, do not put any value on life; no point blaming Hyundai. Rest assured, Hyundai is going to sell enough Verna's (a tleast as much they are selling now). Here's the probable spiel that the salesmen will use to convince the prospective customer:

a. Salesman: Sir, if there are airbags, you'll always have to wear seatbelts, otherwise it'll do more harm.
Customer: Hmmm, but other cars have it?

b. Salesman: Sir, that's because they know that if the airbags deploy, their workshop gets to fix the car, a looooot of money Sir, whole dashboard might need replacing Sir.
Customer: Why does i20 have it?

c. Salesman: Small car Sir, not as strong, it needs that. Sir, I forgot to tell you, but the Verna has ABS with EBD, that is enough in emergency braking.
Customer: But then why does the Sonata come with airbags?

d. Salesman: Sir, those people have more money to spend on everything, so company gives them features, why waste your money for that?
Customer: Can I have a free idol of God with the car for safety?

Salesman (rubbing his hands with glee): Definitely Sir.

I do not condone Hyundai India leaving out this feature, but I can see why it is not there.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

Saw one today in the silver colour while driving to office today. IT actually does not look that ugly, but, a sad looking car. Somehow, it does not appeal to have a second look IMO.

I must say that the grill could have been better... mesh grill with chrome moustache (having Hyundai's logo embedded therein) & a sticker at the bottom of the droopy eyes make those sharper.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:16   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amartya: The salesmen are paid to defend the car, no matter what. Even if they know it, they would not accept it.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:50   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Grinning widely the chief said " Thats how you design a car- Korean style "
Hillarious ! Good one mate !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Good one! Hyundai is lousy and rather lazy, they know very well sedan loving Indians would settle for a top end verna without those airbags. Which I think is a must to have when they are given such scorching engines.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:26   #141
BANNED

OMG...1 what has Hyundai done to their pocket sized rocket.

Last time they shelved the pint size monster rocket Getz CRDI, and this time a Fugly facelift to the Verna

Looks like they've got loads of First Generation santro front grille, which they are using it on the Verna now.
Attached Thumbnails
New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-santro.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 13:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Wasn't there a single person in all of Hyundai globally, who thought of giving the design team some informed and practical feedback about their work? Or are they all mad?
Totally agreed.
I am extremely surprised this "facelift" made it here. I remember that it was launched in Korea etc around a year back, and that Hyundai had plans to launch it in India not long after - I thought they dropped those plans after negative feedback from Indian customer clinics. Cant place where I remember this from - the threads here dont seem to carry this. Anyway, would be interesting to see how the sales chart looks like pre and post facelift!

On a side note, ever noticed how you will never notice a Verna private cab (those white cars run by star hotels / fleet operators such as Orix etc)? You will see loads of Fiestas, Citys, Accents and even some Corollas and Innovas, but never any Vernas. I guess they need sober looking cars - the duller the better - and the Verna (old/new) might simply be too loud for them!
Old 25th June 2010, 20:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
You know what the saddest thing is? It's that us, Indian's, do not put any value on life; no point blaming Hyundai.

I do not condone Hyundai India leaving out this feature, but I can see why it is not there.
Hillarious - but bothering attitude this is!

OT: Life saved by airbags and crumple zones last saturday.
Old 25th June 2010, 21:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Amartya: The salesmen are paid to defend the car, no matter what. Even if they know it, they would not accept it.
Agreed, and though my post did seem to take a potshot at the salesman, I wasn't trying to make them the guilty party. I understand it's their job to sell the car. I should have clarified that, and I appreciate your pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hillarious - but bothering attitude this is!
OT: Life saved by airbags and crumple zones last saturday.
Take good care, and I hope that there were no major injuries.
Old 26th June 2010, 13:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

This car is really scaring the hell out of me, is giving me nightmares during sleep. Every night I see myself driving this car to college and girls getting scared and running away, calling it insect on wheels with a sucking lip of a reptile...

With a design like this, who would not react like it?
Attached Thumbnails
New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-c-36.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 14:10   #146
BHPian

the front sporty bumper is okay. If only they could change the grill to the old crome one, This would have look better.

BTW this new verna has just cosmetic changes or is it really new. can someone point out the differences.
Old 26th June 2010, 15:28   #147
BHPian

The designers seems to have gone OT somewhere between designing the head lights and the bumper and then tried to gel the both together. This was a very good chance for Hyundai to attract larger sales for Verna. The car will still sell as its a Hyundai, but the way I see it, its an oppurtunity which is lost. No airbags /steering controls on a 9L+ car is not right in todays market.
OT- Like sid said it does look like an insect.
Old 26th June 2010, 16:24   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... girls getting scared and running away, calling it insect on wheels with a sucking lip of a reptile.
Sid... lie down, breath deep, and be calm. You do not have to buy this car!

Great piece of imagination, though!
Old 26th June 2010, 18:28   #149
BHPian

A very very poor design. Indeed I was lucky enough to pick up one of the last Getz Crdi's in BAngalore last year. Was hoping to add a new Verna ( civic design) along with my rocket monster, but I may have to change my plans and go for a Cruz diesel .

Looks like Hyundai will really repent for this design and I just cant imagine who would buy this ugly looking duckling.

Good Luck Hyundai !!!
Old 26th June 2010, 18:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

I was quite shocked and surprised to see that they actually went ahead and launched this hideous looking thing called the new Verna

Rather than Verna Transform, they should name it Verna Disform or Verna Mutation

Why I am surprised is, that this car was launched quite sometime back overseas, but Hyundai decided to launch the All new verna, if launched, will definitely give cars like the ANHC, SX4, Fiesta a run for its money. It is simply amazing to look at and feel from inside

They did not intend to launch this stop gap car, which is why it is surprising that they went ahead

THis is definitely not going to help the case for Verna
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks