Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 19:10   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Hate the low-slung front bumper. Don't like this "let's pretend it's a racer" school of design (well, unless of course it is!). Give me a car with a nice smile that I know won't mind the potholes and the speed bumps!
Old 24th June 2010, 19:29   #122
BHPian

Lets understand that the Verna is not Hyundai's "bread and butter" car. Hyundai is up there where the bucks matters most - i10 and i20.

Hence the lack of seriousness for Verna.
Old 24th June 2010, 20:20   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
As seen in the above pics, Hyundai has installed air balloons in the front and rear windsheilds to compensate for the lack of airbags.

It is as if they are mocking customers who want airbags in Verna.

Rohan
That was Hillliarous man! I spontaneously burst out of laughter with people looking over the cube.
Totally made my day! Sorry for the OT!
Old 24th June 2010, 20:41   #124
BANNED

I think Verna transform is inspired by this kind of image:
Attached Thumbnails
New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-374295d1277381968tnewvernasoonerthanyouexpectc36.jpg  

New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-1.jpg  

Old 24th June 2010, 20:49   #125
Team-BHP Support

Any changes to the clearance and suspensions?
Old 24th June 2010, 21:05   #126
BHPian

Ok I am going to reveal the secret of how this Verna was made over.

Hyundai got to know from surveys and market feed back that the general public thinks that their cars look yucky ( except the new sonata ,accent and i 20) but still decide to by it anyway because his neighbor,relative,college,Sharuk has one and don't want to do comparison shopping and informed decisions.

Armed with this information the management decided to give their lineup a makeover. Coming to the particular case of Verna makeover, the marketing wanted to use some Italian design house like the Tata's did until they got good at it. They got quotes from Pininnfarena, Idea, Bertone etc and showed it to their chief.

The chief got very angry at seeing the quotes. He said " Why do I have to spend this much for designing a car when we are building cars that have fronts looking like rodents and fish mouths and still sell like hot cakes"

The chief then said " you know what , I will redesign it for you". The chief usually keeps some plastic models of their fleet in his table for playing Car- Dash when he is alone and bored. He took the Verna toy car and looked at it.
Even he was appalled by its looks. He said " You guys are right, this needs a makeover" and scratched his head

" Ha" he exclaimed, " give me a nail cutter. I will file the rough edges and make it pretty". One of the marketing guy meekly said " Sir it does not have any edges" . The chief said " You are right, this does look like a boiled egg cut in half . This is making me mad, I need a smoke". Saying this he got his cigar and lit it up.

Then a stoke of genius struck him. He said "watch this". He took the Verna plastic toy and heated its front end with the lighter. The front stated to sag and started to resemble the mouth of a rotting fish. The chief liked the look a lot for it reminded him of the dinner he had last night. Then he quickly ran the lighter around the rear, enlarging the tail lamp and stuck the aluminum foil from the cigar case on to the boot lid above the number plate recess.

Grinning widely the chief said " Thats how you design a car- Korean style "
Old 24th June 2010, 22:00   #127
BHPian

I love the looks!
I'm really in love with the looks, this is not sarcastic. (Yeah, I know I'm weird.)
I could never digest the looks of the old verna.
The new verna would've been my dream car, if only it came with airbags.

For those of you who don't agree, atleast its better looking than a xylo. (No offence to xylo and verna owners though)
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2010, 22:47   #128
BANNED

IMO the new verna transform is better than the outgoing one with the chrome grill.

The new grill and bumper seems to be inspired from new innova and rear light assembly looks similar to the Accent with the round integrated indicators.

I dont see any major difference in interiors ,liked the sporty exhaust

Let us see how it lives in the market
Old 24th June 2010, 22:50   #129
BHPian

Hyundai Verna - FACE LIFT GIMMICK --->

Well People its a sad news that Hyundai is proudly launching their ugliest face lift of Verna. I understand if they could have even done some modification in the interiors too but no the interior and features will be the same as old Good Looking Verna. There may be a few small addition of Reverse Sensors and Instrument Panel modification and yes the so called Hyundai Ipod Connectivity which even the hyundai sales staff has not understood.

The Great Hyundai Verna FACE LIFT OFFER - ****FIFA OFFER****
No Airbags
Ugly looking Exterior
Old Interior
Reverse Sensors
Hyundai Ipod Connectivity
Sunroof ** may be optional with whooping price of 50k+
No Leather Seats

and yes with an marginal price increase.

I just pray to god that what ever offer i typed should not be true....... Let Good Sense and Good Design Ideas Prevail in Hyundai India

This was my last post on Verna and I realize that things have gone hay wire....
I thought Hyundai will give airbag as an option but no is the answer and not even reverse sensor which today every car has..... Hyundai ----- Wake Up --What are you up to??????. And even leather seat is not an option nor an sunroof.

Well Latest Hyundai News !!!! Santa fe will be launched in November and also the pricing is going to 24lakhs as they plan not to assemble and import the car...... Again a wrong step and decision. They can never compete with the brand "Toyota" or "GM". Hyundai should realize its brand value and its potential customers......

WAKE UP ----------------HYUNDAI-------------------WAKE UP
Old 24th June 2010, 22:53   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
IMO the new verna transform is better than the outgoing one with the chrome grill.
Honestly, I too agree that it is slightly sportier looking than the old one. Give it side skirts and a rear spoiler, rear skirts and boom, we have a body to match the soul. What an engine!!
Old 24th June 2010, 23:02   #131
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't there a single person in all of Hyundai globally, who thought of giving the design team some informed and practical feedback about their work? Or are they all mad?
Old 24th June 2010, 23:03   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Well People its a sad news that Hyundai is proudly launching their ugliest face lift of Verna. I understand if they could have even done some modification in the interiors too but no the interior and features will be the same as old Good Looking Verna. There may be a few small addition of Reverse Sensors and Instrument Panel modification and yes the so called Hyundai Ipod Connectivity which even the hyundai sales staff has not understood.

The Great Hyundai Verna FACE LIFT OFFER - ****FIFA OFFER****
No Airbags
Ugly looking Exterior
Old Interior
Reverse Sensors
Hyundai Ipod Connectivity
Sunroof ** may be optional with whooping price of 50k+
No Leather Seats

and yes with an marginal price increase.

I just pray to god that what ever offer i typed should not be true....... Let Good Sense and Good Design Ideas Prevail in Hyundai India

This was my last post on Verna and I realize that things have gone hay wire....
I thought Hyundai will give airbag as an option but no is the answer and not even reverse sensor which today every car has..... Hyundai ----- Wake Up --What are you up to??????. And even leather seat is not an option nor an sunroof.

Well Latest Hyundai News !!!! Santa fe will be launched in November and also the pricing is going to 24lakhs as they plan not to assemble and import the car...... Again a wrong step and decision. They can never compete with the brand "Toyota" or "GM". Hyundai should realize its brand value and its potential customers......

WAKE UP ----------------HYUNDAI-------------------WAKE UP
So true!
Even I wish the same!
It so happens that people are very much willing to pay for what's on their wishlist(if not on their just-need-not-matter-what list)
but the manufacturer doesn't want to do much, for no damn reason.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 24th June 2010 at 23:06.
Old 24th June 2010, 23:10   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Wasn't there a single person in all of Hyundai globally, who thought of giving the design team some informed and practical feedback about their work? Or are they all mad?
No offenses, but, designing is not only about drawing board and a pencil. There are many many things. I know this from a very reputed institute in India in Cawnpore. There are budget constraints, not to mention time in hand for a release and the biggest, copy rights. Lumax India Designed tail lamps for first batches of Indigo. When Merc representatives came to India to stike a deal with Lumax, they questioned (OT) about the rear assembly design. Of course it was not official/on record.
Old 25th June 2010, 00:04   #134
BHPian

Hyundai killed my dream of getting another Hyundai car now.

Now I wait for more sedans enter the market so i can start dreaming about it, hyundai has certainly worked hard for such ugly looking headlamps/tail lamps, etc etc what not.

EDIT: Have I gone color blind or hyundai has a new names for colors.

New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-hyundai_color.jpg

Last edited by ghpk : 25th June 2010 at 00:10.
Old 25th June 2010, 02:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

I could have digested the headlamps somehow ! But the grill and the bumper coming together just look yucks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks