Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 01:08   #1
BHPian

New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform

today had a talk with my friend who owns a hyundai dealership.got information about launch of the new upgraded verna coming very soon and he meant very very soon.then santa fe and then a small 800 cc.I 30 scheduled for next year.all in all 6 new models next year(not including santa fe).

Last edited by Eddy : 18th June 2010 at 10:45. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 18th June 2010, 01:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are we looking at some technical upgrades as well or only cosmetic/face lift ?
Old 18th June 2010, 01:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

I hope they bring in the new Sonata. Will boost numbers for Hyundai in D-segment.
Old 18th June 2010, 02:04   #4
BHPian

If Hyundai is launching new models they better be serious, in the past too they've launched few products and then loose interest and the car dies a slow death - e.g. Getz, Sonata ( both old and emberra) , elantra , Tuscon and now Verna. There is hardly any effort from Hyundai to sell Verna, see other manufacturers like Ford and how they have marketed Fiesta in the last couple of years.

Of all the new launches they have in pipline I'm only interested in Elantra as it was the only true enthusiasts' car from their stable.
Old 18th June 2010, 02:08   #5
BHPian

From what i have heard its not gonna be the new verna but an Indian (read cosmetic car)upgrade. I think the car will have new headlamps and new bumpers, parts that require very less tooling changes.
Old 18th June 2010, 03:54   #6
BHPian

Verna Transform?

Could this be the Verna Transform? Pictures of these are found in several websites, including team-bhp, as far back as June 2009.

Last edited by Murugan : 18th June 2010 at 03:57.
Old 18th June 2010, 07:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well, in my humble opinion, the "new" Verna is sometime off. Mainly because internationally the Accent still has the same model (e.g. the North American Accent is the Verna).

What might be great though, is if they can launch the Elantra here, and get the pricing right. I know Hyundai has had a problem selling upmarket cars, but I think they should have another go.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
today had a talk with my friend who owns a hyundai dealership.got information about launch of the new upgraded verna coming very soon and he meant very very soon.then santa fe and then a small 800 cc.I 30 sheduled for next year.all in all 6 new models next year(not including santa fe).
Most probably this new Verna is cosmetic upgrade of the current verna that we are having. New Verna will not come so soon. The new Verna was recently unveiled internationally, so IMO, Hyundai will need some time for testing the car in India, specially Indian operating condition, suspension and adjustment for quality of fuel available.

What actually Hyundai needs is cars under Rs. 6-7 lakh. Verna, even with diesel and petrol motors sells almost as much as SX4 whereas SX4 has only one motor. Hyundai does not have the brand image to bring in new cars like Santa Fe. To the best of my knowledge, Hyundai is finding it a bit tough to bring in cars like Elantra ( the current one sold in US ) and Sonata as the cost becomes very high for India.

I hope that this cosmetically upgraded Verna does not cost more than the current car. And the new Verna also remains under Rs. 8 lakh bracket.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:23   #9
PCS
BHPian

New Verna launch around 25th June

Its called Verna Transform. Minor Changes in Grille and features

Its not the full model change of verna shocased in Bejing Motor Show

They are getting the sad shaped grille (same as korean one)
Old 18th June 2010, 09:11   #10
BHPian

Probably would like this!!!
Old 18th June 2010, 09:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
New Verna launch around 25th June
Its called Verna Transform.
And they better launch with Airbags as an option.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

In India next to Suzuki it has been Hyundai which has got the better footprint, atleast among those who are non enthusiats they for sure know Hyundai more than any other brands (except Maruti).

But Hyundai has barely made a good use of its footprint to get up the scale. The Tucson, Verna are good model but frankly they are selling on thier own than the company selling them.

Verna transform dont think is going to affect the sales to any larger extent, we all know the so-called facelift Ford gave to fiesta (just a change in the grill). Verna seems to be the same story. (I really hope its now).
Old 18th June 2010, 10:00   #13
BHPian

This would give boost to the dwindling sales of verna in this segment and make the brand stronger until the new one arrives next year.I hope the new verna would have better handling and a much needed better gearbox.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:18   #14
BHPian

if it is going to be the verna transform upgrade then it will surely go the way sonata transform went because it looks atbest hideous(i mean verna transform----sonata looks good).i was hoping something on the lines of new verna which they badly need.internationally people are going gaga over the new verna elantra n sonata.
Attached Thumbnails
New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-201004231751_2011accents1575x404.jpg  

New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform-vernaint2404107.jpg  

Old 18th June 2010, 12:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post

Probably would like this!!!
Better if they do not launch this model. It would only reduce whatever volumes that it is presently selling. What may be beautiful for the Koreans need not be beautiful for Indians.

Further, Hyundai should emphasise on improving the features list of the cae, especially the safety features (airbags).

Hyundai Accent (Verna) hatch is rated as the best compact car in US, ahead of Toyota Yaris & Honda Fit (Jazz) as per JD Power (North America) study/report.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks