Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 11:50   #31

re: Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch

Thank you for the posts... infact I am planning to buy a car soon and I think it's better to wait at the moment for the new arrival...
Old 18th June 2011, 15:10   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

They are calling it the "HA".

The H800\HA looks like a fusion of the Hyundai i10 and the Hyundai Santro. This tiny wonder from Hyundai will be launched in the first half of 2012 and is expected to be showcased at the Indian Auto Expo 2012 in January.

These spy pics are from testing in Korea.

(Images courtesy - Noticias Automotivas)
Attached Thumbnails
Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-lkfmhl.jpg  

Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-lbgj8l.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 15:47   #33
BHPian

As per some news I got recently, the production is about to start (parts procurement has started) - And it should be launched in Q4 this year
Old 14th July 2011, 22:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor India plans to add 300 rural sales outlets within the next two months as it gears up to launch its cheapest car in India by November this year.

Hyundai announced in May that it would launch a small car costing below Rs 3 lakh in November.

Hyundai is gearing up to launch the small car, codenamed HA, to directly compete with market leader Maruti Suzuki’s Alto.

The new rural outlets will take its rural sales network to 1,000, apart from the standard 325 dealerships located in cities.

The country’s second largest carmaker will employ a total of about 2,000 sales executives in these rural outlets. Rural areas, according to Hyundai, are the markets that lie outside the top 40 cities.

“We have already put in place 700 rural sales outlets and plan to add 300 more in the next couple of months. These are physical locations built with a small investment and are not the standard brick and mortar model. These will help us get closer to the customer with our executives conducting car demos, test drives and also small repair requirements,” Arvind Saxena, director (marketing & sales), Hyundai Motor India, told Financial Chronicle.

The typical size of a rural showroom is 900 sq ft. About 150 of these showrooms also have their own service workshops measuring 2,000 sq ft, Saxena added.

The Korean carmaker has also recently formed a four-member rural model team comprising two sales and two service executives that regularly visits these outlets. This signifies the growing importance of rural markets, which account for 31 per cent sales of the company. “With this rural model, we will grow our sales share in these markets to 33 per cent by the end of this year,” Saxena said.

In 2010, Hyundai sold 356,717 cars in India.

“Rural markets have been largely dominated by traditional players Mahindra & Mahindra and Maruti Suzuki. Hyundai’s rural strategy will definitely give them the incremental volumes with the kind of products they have,” said Mritunjay Kapur, country managing director, Protiviti Consulting.

Hyundai is also working on the next generation i10 expected in 2013 with a diesel engine.

The i20 is also expected to receive a cosmetic makeover in the near future.

SOURCE - Financial Chronicle (Hyundai beefing up rural network for low-cost car | mydigitalfc.com)
Old 15th July 2011, 16:29   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch

actually looks quite like the A-Star overall. The A-Star looks good but is just price too high, if hyundai can get their new star at the right price, the A-Star will surely be in deeper trouble. Hyundai typically now tends to comand a price premium over Suzuki for similar offerings so it will be interesting to see how it manages to position and price their new small car lower than the Alto. It can potentially be a Alto killer as well. Hyundai does almost have similar levels of the trust in its products in India as Maruti.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

The spy pics of the Korean origin actually looks the size of an i10 in my opinion. Also the first pics of the masked one at Chennai can be either of a new Hyundai or Nissan since both the plants are in the same city and this could make it more confusing at the end!!
Old 15th July 2011, 21:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto News India - Hyundai H800 to compete with Nano and Alto | CarDekho.com

"The Hyundai H800 hatchback is believed to be a modest version of Hyundai Santro Xing. The exterior look and the interior appearance is said to be borrowed from its sibling Hyundai Santro Xing. However as per the leaked images of Hyundai H800 in the internet, the new hatchback resembles more like Hyundai i10 with an enlarged honeycomb mesh in the front. Though the external appearance may take after Hyundai i10, the interiors are different to cut down the costs. The head room space and the leg space are thought to have been reduced, while the wheel base appears to be similar to that of any other Hyundai small cars.

A close source has revealed that price of Hyundai H800 is expected to be under Rs 3 lakhs. We do not have the official specifications of this hatchback yet. But, is Hyundai H800 is going to be as popular as Tata Nano or Maruti’s Alto is what we have to wait and watch."

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2011, 21:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Auto News India - Hyundai H800 to compete with Nano and Alto | CarDekho.com

A close source has revealed that price of Hyundai H800 is expected to be under Rs 3 lakhs. We do not have the official specifications of this hatchback yet. But, is Hyundai H800 is going to be as popular as Tata Nano or Maruti’s Alto is what we have to wait and watch."

Cheers!
What's that big "U" doing in the side profile? Looks hideous!
Old 16th July 2011, 00:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
What's that big "U" doing in the side profile? Looks hideous!
That is just a rendering boss. Check out the real life spy pictures, there is no such "U" in the side profile, as in the rendering.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am still wondering, Santro is itself selling at a relatively low price. It would be impossible to bring a car, (be it 800 or 1000 cc) lesser than Santro's current. (lowest is 2.8L)

This should only mean one thing, the introduction of H800 would be curtains for Santro. And the HA would have an option to have current Santro's 1086cc engine. Just like the option of K10 in Alto.

Either ways, Santro I guess is planned to be phased out I guess

Last edited by xingamazon : 16th July 2011 at 01:22.
Old 16th July 2011, 06:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

This is going to give the Alto a run for its money, if Hyundai price it right. Probably Cervo would be Maruti's answer to the H800.
Come 2012 and the Indian autoscape is going to be a lot more crowded.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:05   #42
BHPian

My Hyundai service centre AGM had mentioned that the new 800cc model launch would be before/around Diwali this year. he also mentioned that an Auto Gearbox variant was being introduced.

They expect the car to be a huge success and are ramping up service facilities for the same.

Wait & watch - 4 of friends are waiting for the 800 cc auto. I might also take one for office use.
Old 24th July 2011, 13:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy pic of side view -

Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-hyundaihaside.jpg

This was spotted on the Pune-Ahmednagar highway. Most probably test mules.

What is known about the HA so far -

1) Hyundai’s entry-level hatch will be based on a part-Santro platform

2) A 3cyl 800cc engine producing about 50bhp will drive the front wheels

3) HA is smaller than Santro and will coexist with it

4) Possibility of a diesel engine is slim but a LPG variant, going by the company’s history, is expected

5) Engineers in Hyderabad coordinated with their counterparts in Korea to develop this 2.5 lakh rupee hatch

6) As the low cost car provides the bare minimum, it may not be exported to the same countries the i10 is sent to. It can be retailed in markets having similar characteristics and safety standards as India.

7) Can Hyundai shatter the 25kmpl mark with the tiny 3 cylinder motor? Remains to be seen.

8) Sales will shoot up during the festive season which is when one car expect the HA. If not, Auto Expo 2012 is the perfect opportunity.

9) Will they call it i5? Will they call it Matrix? Or will they leverage on the established Santro nameplate by adding a suffix to it? Branding of this city commute remains a mystery.

10) Hyundai is building its presence in rural areas where it feels the HA has more chances of finding buyers.

Hyundai has previously announced that the HA will be launched in November this year.

SOURCE - http://indianautosblog.com/2011/07/hyundai-ha-side-view

Last edited by Stratos : 24th July 2011 at 18:55. Reason: Source link added.
Old 25th July 2011, 10:06   #44
BHPian

I also saw this car near Poonamalle in Chennai. The car looked quite good and the side profile looked more like the i10.I could not take any pictures.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the side profile pic, I am getting a feeling it looks longer than the i20 itself.
Not sure if this is the HA800.
It might be the i30 just looking at the side profile.

Find below the link ofthe an i30's side profile
http://www.autoinfoz.com/gallery/ext...dai-i30-03.jpg

Source:Autoinfoz.com
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks