Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 13:25   #46
BHPian

Re: Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spy pic of side view -

Attachment 581969
Is the rear quarter panel / hatch loose or is the photograph lopsided? And why does the the roof taper upwards towrads the end (even after discounting the spoiler)? Something is definitley wrong in the photograph. If not, then this car, whatever it is, is one ugly monstrosity.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Is the rear quarter panel / hatch loose or is the photograph lopsided? And why does the the roof taper upwards towrads the end (even after discounting the spoiler)? Something is definitley wrong in the photograph. If not, then this car, whatever it is, is one ugly monstrosity.
That is a design feature also found on the Nissan Micra. The upward slope of the roof increases the headroom for rear seat passengers.

PS - The image is legitimate but seems to have been taken while in motion. Hence there is some irregularity in it.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Seeing the side profile pic, I am getting a feeling it looks longer than the i20 itself.
Not sure if this is the HA800.
It might be the i30 just looking at the side profile.

Find below the link ofthe an i30's side profile
http://www.autoinfoz.com/gallery/ext...dai-i30-03.jpg

Source:Autoinfoz.com
The profile appears like that, but

1) the absence of a quarter glass
2) the small wheels
3) lack of a rear overhang

indicates that this is a new car

The HA800 appears much taller as in

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2396728

I think it is probably the quality of the picture which makes it look long from the side.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:38   #49
BHPian

Yes designersf, I agree about the design element to make more head room in the rear. But even the Micra does not taper upward in the rear, it rather goes parallel and then 'angles' downward.

In the image provided by RavenAvi, the whole rear seems to be misaligned, loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-micra.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 13:59   #50
BANNED

^^ Its definitely not an i30. Its rather matches to these photos.
Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-hyundaiha1.jpg
Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-hyundaiha2.jpg

Quote:
In the image provided by RavenAvi, the whole rear seems to be misaligned, loose.
I too agree with that point.

Last edited by wildon : 25th July 2011 at 14:02.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:22   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Seeing the side profile pic, I am getting a feeling it looks longer than the i20 itself.
Not sure if this is the HA800.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
The profile appears like that, but

1) the absence of a quarter glass
2) the small wheels
3) lack of a rear overhang

indicates that this is a new car

I think it is probably the quality of the picture which makes it look long from the side.
Quote:
Yes designersf, I agree about the design element to make more head room in the rear. But even the Micra does not taper upward in the rear, it rather goes parallel and then 'angles' downward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ Its definitely not an i30. Its rather matches to these photos.

I too agree with that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
That is a design feature also found on the Nissan Micra. The upward slope of the roof increases the headroom for rear seat passengers.

PS - The image is legitimate but seems to have been taken while in motion. Hence there is some irregularity in it.
As designersf pointed out, the spy pic I posted is indeed of the HA. But the pic was taken while the photographer's vehicle was in motion, ergo the image looks stretched out.

This is what the guy who took the pic said -

Quote:
I saw two mules zooming past me near Wagholi, I increased my speed and caught them at Ramwadi Octroi Checkpost where they stopped. They had TN registered red number plates.
The rear light alignment and the rear glass match the HA perfectly.

The HA is not long, in fact it's shorter than the i10. It may be as tall as the M800, which mean's it's smaller than the i10 as well.
Old 25th July 2011, 16:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The rear light alignment and the rear glass match the HA perfectly.

The HA is not long, in fact it's shorter than the i10. It may be as tall as the M800, which mean's it's smaller than the i10 as well.
I second you RavenAvi. That is definitely the Hyundai HA 800cc as I have seen this car in the Chennai-Bangalore highway before and have even posted a picture of it in this forum itself. The profile, the fenders, the taillamps positioning and everything else matches perfectly with the proposed small car from Hyundai.

But, having said that, the picture is definitely stretched or there is a slight deformation since it appears to have been taken in a hurry.
Old 28th July 2011, 14:43   #53
BHPian

ACI reported a new spy pic
Puny 12 inchers, black bumpers: Alto will feel the heat if Hyundai price it correctly.
Even this car seems to carry the sharp line - from the head lamps all the way to the hatch (very much i20sh)

Picture source: ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch-hyundaiha_watermark.jpg  

Last edited by hdnivara : 28th July 2011 at 14:47.
hdnivara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 17:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising. Alto will definitely feel the heat. Knowing Hyundai, am sure they will be pretty aggressive on the pricing front. Being taller and wider than the Alto, the HA will have a larger cabin volume hence better seating comfort.

From the scoop shot its pretty clear that the "fluidic" DNA is very much the influence behind the styling of the HA 800. The cab forward design, the strong shoulder line, the mildly flared wheelarches - all strums the "fluidic" strings.

Also, i expect the tactile feel & interior fit & finish quality to be a cut above the 2-lakh budget hatch brigade. The rationale from HMIL behind this would be "cheap sticker price" need not mean cheap looking stuff on the insides. "Perceived quality" will be rich.

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Hyundai may spring a surprise and introduce a CVT / auto variant too. If that happens it will open up a completely new segment in the affordable city hatch market.

Sad part is that our dear old Nano - the founding father of the 1.5 to 2-lakh car brigade, now will have a tough fight on its hands.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:09   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

The car definitely looks good ! And I dont think there is any competition to this on the looks front. With the Hyundai DNA of nice ride & quality interiors, things should brighten up. And a CVT / Diesel option can actually take this car to the top most level in no time ! I hope Hyundai seriously thinks about these options.
Old 28th July 2011, 20:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

I think, at this proposed price point, this new kid with great looks (definitely seems to be good looking even in the spy pics right?) and efficiency will have no real challenge. But they might have other challenges to overcome though - Capacity constraints, delivery time issues and looong waiting ques outside showrooms Some nice problems these!
Old 28th July 2011, 21:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I think, at this proposed price point, this new kid with great looks (definitely seems to be good looking even in the spy pics right?) and efficiency will have no real challenge. But they might have other challenges to overcome though - Capacity constraints, delivery time issues and looong waiting ques outside showrooms Some nice problems these!
I think Maruti already have product in Place, they will play old trick like Face lift current Astar or reduce the price of the same. Then Hyundai will have difficult time again. MY two cents.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:13   #58
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod :

The discussion is being continued here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pg-5-6-a.html

Closing this thread.

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com