Team-BHP - Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spied: Hyundai HA800 near Chennai: Edit: Posible Nov 2011 launch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84029-spied-hyundai-ha800-near-chennai-edit-posible-nov-2011-launch.html)

Image source/courtesy Indian autos blog

http://indianautosblog.com/2010/06/hyundai-h800-2

Related thread : Details on Hyundai's 800 cc car

Good catch.

Hope they do not mess up with the price a la A*, nor do they carve out ugliest duckling like the Verna upgrade in news these days.

Looks a bit like micra to me. when this pic was taken ?

Hyundai will have to position the car properly. What will happen to Santro?

This will be positioned under the Santro I guess. Should be an interesting alternative to the Alto buty I believe Hyundai's *** are a suspect. While they are good on quality, the labour charges are on the expensive side. Would it affect the 800 cc model?

Hi T-bhpians,

I had been to Ambur and while returning late tonight, i spotted three hatchback cars with its front and back camouflaged. Clicked some photos while driving and after following it for a while. As we neared Vella Gate (just before Kancheepuram), the three cars stopped for a break. All the three cars had Temp registrations starting with TN-21 xxxx

I took this chance to stop the car behind the trio and had a chat with one the drivers. He seemed to be very friendly and told me that it is the new car from Hyundai with a Petrol heart. Few obeservations
a. The sides of this "new" car looked exactly similar to the i10.
b. The rear lights were visible thro the camouflage and were protruding from the car (not like the i10's flat lights).
c. The headlights were looking very odd, with the indicator and the headlight making an "infinity" type of resemblence ("8" turned 90 degrees).
d. The ORVMs had indicators in them (similarly placed like the Skoda Laura).
e. Even the side protector strips on the doors was similar to i10, but had a reflecting "yellow" sticker pasted on them.
f. Had steel rims with wheel caps with prominent slanting H symbol.

With the permission of the driver, i clicked few photos of the car on my Blackberry Storm and was very pleased about this "scoop" which i wanted to put it up in this wonderful site. By then the other two drivers turned up and got upset with the first driver for allowing me to take photos. They were very concerned about what their supervisor would say if these photos were published.

I had a small argument with them and returned to my car (my faithful Fusion) and start my get away. To my disbelief the Fusion did not crank to life :Frustrati. It looked like a dead battery which drained within 5 minutes as i had the "hazards" on while "scoop" was being covered.

I had no other go but to ask the three drivers to help me by push-start the car. The did not budge and asked me to delete the photos first. As it was already 11.00 pm in the night, i had to delete the photos in front of them :deadhorseafter which they pushed the car and brought it back to life. Sorry about this mess up...

I was sad that i had to miss out on the photos, but was happy that the three guys were around to help me out. I have my computer guy coming tomorrow and would ask him a way to retrieve the photos which i deleted.

Though the driver told me that it was a new small car from Hyundai, which is yet to be named, i feel it could be the new i10 with major some amount of facelift to help it sustain numbers against new competition products.

OT: Guys, if anybody have a data recovery software, kindly pm me. I could try and get the photos back... Please...

I think there is a thread already http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-chennai.html

Could be the upcoming small car that exists in another thread but sad that you lost the photos. Any idea on the interiors?

An important car for Hyundai without doubt. For the 3rd largest car maker in India (recently nudged off the 2nd spot by Tata), Hyundai has only two volume products in the B segment...the 10+ year old Santro and the 3 year old i10. Both are excellent hatchbacks at their respective pricepoints, the benchmark for some, yet Maruti & Tata offer a wider range of cars in the crucial 3 - 5 lakh rupee segment. To retain / expand its market share, Hyundai needs another volume product or two. This hatchback will be one, a diesel MUV another (possible badged as a Kia?).

I expect Hyundai to play it safe with the H-800. Conservative design, interior space, engine, dynamics and specifications. All they need is an all-rounded product (which meets most market needs without necessarily excelling in any one) at a competitive price.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the tail lamps resembling the Nissan Micra. For me the first sight still makes me feel its Micra.

Anyway I am sure they are on this project. One thing they ought to take care is the milage should be above 20+ kmpl for sure. For the product to succed.

Frankly speaking, I'm tired of seeing all these under powered small cars flooding. I'm more worried about the infrastructure & the amount of traffic violations increase everyday. I sincerely wish, atleast, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota not join this band.

Korean car-maker Hyundai is likely to unveil a small car that will compete with Maruti Suzuki’s Alto, the biggest selling car model in India, at the next Auto Expo to be held in New Delhi in 2012.

According to a senior official of Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the subsidiary of the Korean auto major, development of the small car is currently underway at its parent company’s R&D centre in Korea.

“Considering the fact that the car has been designed and developed keeping in mind the Indian market, the next Auto Expo in 2012 will be the ideal platform to unveil the car,” the official, who asked not to be identified, said.

The car will be positioned below the company’s existing flagship model, Santro, and operate in the segment that the Alto from Maruti Suzuki is in, the official added.

Alto is currently the highest selling car model in India, with average sales of over 20,000 units per month, and is priced between Rs 2,28,000 and Rs 2,80,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

In the past, HMIL had indicated its small car could be priced at around $3,500 (around Rs 1.60 lakh), which would have meant that it would compete with the likes of Maruti Suzuki’s M800 (at a Delhi ex-showroom price of Rs 2,05,000 to Rs 2,14,000) and even the Tata Nano (with a Delhi ex-showroom price of Rs 1,23,000 to Rs 1,72,000).

However, rising input costs have put the auto makers under pressure. Even Tata Motors is understood to be planning a price hike of up to Rs 15,000 on the Nano once it has delivered the first one lakh units to customers who booked the car when it was launched in 2009.

“There is minimal contribution in terms of engineering from India, but there has been a lot of input like component development, market research and customer feedback from here,” the HMIL official said.

source : Business Standard 24th June

There is another thread for Hyundai's small car.

But, anyway INR 160K for the small car is way lower than M800. Hopefully it will be way better than the M800 in the interior & aesthetics department.

But the final price will known only when they launch the car. In India, politics & unionism can lead to increased costs to any manufacturer.

As per news, Hyundai is planning a car between Alto and Santro, may be positioned lower than Spark, may be with a 800cc engine.

There's already a thread running on this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-chennai.html