Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 00:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mr aaggoswami
Yes, from a dealership in Kochi today. Perhaps maruti denials would be for springimg a surprise. That too at a time when nano production is getting into volumes.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Mr aaggoswami
Yes, from a dealership in Kochi today. Perhaps maruti denials would be for springimg a surprise. That too at a time when nano production is getting into volumes.
I doubt this is true. What is probably going to come soon is the Alto with the K series engine. Cervo at such an attractive price is improbable. Now by any stroke of miracle if it indeed is true, then it is the best move any company can make.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

IMO even a miracle would not get us the Cervo (as seen in the pics and with the specs mentioned) for 1.87L ex-showroom. Also, if at all there were any plans, am sure someone on tbhp (sidindica etc) would have come out with a scoop on it.

I don't really have big expectations about them bringing the Cervo here anytime soon - all I hope is atleast they give us an Alto VXi (1litre K-series). That would be a nice hatch to own as a peppy runabout.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

The cervo would be a 660cc engine powered tall car to take on the challenge posed by Nano aand would hence be attractively priced. This would, perhaps, also mark the final exit of M800 from the Indian autoscape. The Cervo may be a scaled down version of the cervo sold abroad. Maruti insiders were always refering to a 660cc engine being readied at Maruti.

The Alto may continue to be the second flagship probably with an upper end variaant with K series engine.

Let us wait and watch
Old 6th July 2010, 18:13   #35
BHPian

Wikipedia says Cervo is discontinued in japan.
If so the chances of the dyes, etc being transfered to India are possible.
The same happened with Wagon MR, sold here as Estilo.

With the car being spotted testing near delhi, chances are we might see the car launch soon in India, but the price may not be as low as Nano's.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k
The Cervo may be a scaled down version of the cervo sold abroad.
Hmm. This along with Daewood's points on Cervo being discontinued in Japan and seen testing in India, gives hope that this just might be an M800 replacement. If so, that would be nice. I am all for more efficient smaller capacity engines.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:38   #37
BHPian

I had just now called the Bimal Auto agency in Bangalore, Old Airport road. They have no information on Cervo and they dont think it would be launched in the near term.
Old 13th September 2010, 23:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Was watching the NDTV Profit channel , and came upon an article mentioning :
MSIL to phase out base variant of ALTO in 18 months i.e by april 2012. CERVO will most probably be the replacement. ALTO K10 would continue along CERVO . This move is to counter the onslaught from Hyundai i.e the H800 and similar projects from TATA and Renault , which are aimed at the pricing of ALTO.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:54   #39
BHPian

The production of Cervo in Japan is now stoped.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
The production of Cervo in Japan is now stoped.
Its perfect then for the dies to be shipped to India.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:00   #41
BHPian

Strange. I read a in one of the T-Bhp discussion (some Nano discussion thread i guess) that some top guy from Maruti Suzuki said that they are not interested in going in lower segments of car. And here is this car. Differs! If its true, Nano is danger big time!!
Old 15th September 2010, 01:02   #42
Team-BHP Support

Well, there are two cars that come to my mind every time I skip to the first page of this thread and look at the pictures.

The first car being, the Chevrolet Beat, and for good reason. The lights look like they've been lifted straight off it! Yes, the Beat is a newer car compared to this, but that's the impression most people will get! The roof-line and the silhouette of the glass area give the same impression as well.

The second car would be the mid-facelifted version of the 7th generation Mitsubishi Colt. Again, for pretty much the same reason.

Anyway, If this car does make it, Maruti will have to discontinue at least one of their current hatchbacks. Maruti will have to be realistic and price this in the 3-4 lakh bracket. Pricing it at 2 lakhs is wishful thinking.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Anyway, If this car does make it, Maruti will have to discontinue at least one of their current hatchbacks. Maruti will have to be realistic and price this in the 3-4 lakh bracket. Pricing it at 2 lakhs is wishful thinking.

Maybe after the release of the Kizashi and Swift, MSIL might bring in the Cervo as a replacement for the Estilo. Also I don't think that Suzuki will launch a product to challenge the Nano as they are trying desperately to shake off the small car manufacturer image before the Kizashi launch.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu
Strange. I read a in one of the T-Bhp discussion (some Nano discussion thread i guess) that some top guy from Maruti Suzuki said that they are not interested in going in lower segments of car. And here is this car. Differs! If its true, Nano is danger big time!!
Most of the time, the guys at the top dont really mean what they say. If someone at MSIL really means that they have no issues with Nano taking the top spot at the lowest segment, they would be nuts. If they have even an iota of the brains/foresight/vision of the average tbhp-ian, they would (should) be scrambling now, given the increasing sales of the Nano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307
Maruti will have to be realistic and price this in the 3-4 lakh bracket. Pricing it at 2 lakhs is wishful thinking.
Pricing this car at 2lakhs as it appears in this thread would not be possible even as a miracle. Price it at 3-3.5 lakhs and the competition would be practically slaughtered. Even at 4-4.5 lakhs, it would ring the cash-registers crazy for MSIL.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th September 2010 at 01:45.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:03   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
they are trying desperately to shake off the small car manufacturer image before the Kizashi launch.
Says who? Small cars contribute 90% of Maruti's bottom line. Small cars make over 70% of the Indian car market. Small cars is where Maruti has built a formidable reputation after 26 years of hard work; that of being VFM, cheap to own and very fuel-efficient.

Who is trying to shake off the small car image in Maruti? IMHO, he should be fired. ASAP!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks