Team-BHP - Hummer for the Cops!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hummer for the Cops! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8408-hummer-cops.html)

I was not sure where exactly to put this thread. Indian Express reports that a group of auto experts have come with this brilliant idea of giving a couple of Hummer's to the Mumbai police force. WIAA has also written to Deshmukh recommending Hummers for our Cops. The arguement being that these are the only vehicles that could be driven in the 26/7 type of floods. The Commissioner of Police is quite excited with the idea too. (Obviously he will be excited!)
My reaction on reading this:
Can't stop rl: thinking of our cops driving around in Hummers. As it is our cops are more of dada's then protectors, imagine what they will do to common people if they get a hummer to drive around in.

Problem is those vehicles couldn't have been used on 26/7.

buy them boats instead of spending so much of amount on vehicles else they can buy cars with intake and exhaust very high like in one of scenes in Dante's Peak(1997) where Pierce drives acroos a river in his suv to find the kids of heroine surely if not a hummer atleast a tractor can do it serves the purpose.. not always spending so much on hummers will help.
it not worth ,mumbai police there are betteroff roaders (i mean cheaper)ones which serve purpose rather thatn going in hummer if they are pretty serious.
Not always is MUmbai gonna get heavy rains.Its gonna become another scam... surely wait and see and where thee Hummers may end up amy be in the commisioners home or els driving some political leader carrying out his rally

lol, tell mr.cm abt its mileage and price.

Hummer for the cops? Now don't worry too much abt Salman or someone, u've got the cops to be worried abt. Man they're gonna rule the road. By the way, is it H1 or H2??

H1 / H2 / H3... whatever comes to India, it's us, the citizens who, through taxes, will be paying for them and their running costs.
If you ask me, it's a waste of everyone's time and money.
Just imagine, a thug could just rob a bank and be off on a 2nd hand, but, nimble RX100, or even a superslow, yet, "fill it shut it forget it" CD100. Here are our heroes in their 3 ton machines giving chase. We reach the shopping area of Dadar or Dharavi or Bhendi Bazar. The smart thug suddenly turns into a crowded bylane and, poof he's gone. How the hell are the cops gonna get into that lane in the first place?
Since catching thugs is out of question, how can the police get some money? That's nothing to worry about. There are lots of lovebirds at Bandra Reclamation and Carter Road and if they aren't enough, car loving fools with dark tints and freeflow exhausts on their cars are abundant.

26/7 was a once in a lifetime incident. I'm quietly confident that it won't happen again.

Hummers for the cops? Gimme a break. If the government pays these guys a little better, at least they'd stop taking bribes and harrassing motorists.

- Harish

It looks real silly when the cops go around in Hummers and collect bribes from streetside vendors.....

I wont be suprised if they are used less for patrolling and more for unofficial work,and to make things worst they may end up just laying unused after developing some problem as i doubt they will have qualified tech in their motor dept to handle the work for the hummer..so in the end we have to wonder was it worth anything...

Cheers.....

The Politicians should be very excited! Why? 'coz half of the Hummers that will be imported for the cops will land up in their Garage for their personal use!!

But getting serious..the ppl concerned seem to be in a serious discussion that the Hummer would help in flood and other extreme situations so they want to spend upward of Rs.70 Lakh for each Hummer.

I just have one doubt. Why don't they borrow the All terrain vehicles from the Army during such emergencies? or if needed they can buy them itself right? Will that make better sense? Why should they spend huge amounts for a imported Hummer when we have capable vehicles in our Indian Army itself.

Ofcourse the Army might also import some vehicles but for Mumbai's requirements (as stated in the report) modified Indian vehicles should fit the Bill.

By the way what is this WIAA? any idea? Because I'm sorry to say this, frankly looking at their suggestion it doesn't seem to come from a Experienced Association.

why cant they use the jonga or a modified trax/sumo.

I think its complete waste of money and where are they going to drive around in those Hummers in Mumbai. I don't think anything incident such as the 26/7 happen in near future. So whats the need of a Hummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
My reaction on reading this:
Can't stop rl: thinking of our cops driving around in Hummers. As it is our cops are more of dada's then protectors, imagine what they will do to common people if they get a hummer to drive around in.

this was the FIRST thought that came to my mind when i saw this thread. do not the cops terrorise the people enough that we need to give them hummers too ???

just a matter of day before yesterday night. me and friends were standing at around 12:30 at our chowk, (there were other people too) smoking away, and three police jeeps come there and start shouting us to go home. one of them was an ACP. one would think in a democratic country, one would have the freedom to go down for an after dinner smoke. disgusting !!

before jumping the gun these stupid netas and Cops should do some thinking. I mean they are a bloody useless lot . they cant even maintain the Indian cars given to them properly , what do u think will happen if and when these guys get the Hummers. We dont have such roads where these cars can be driven ( Actually all roads in India are made for the hummer ) , but honestly what the F**K will they do with them . just check out some Maruti Gypsy of the police and u will see that its a mess .

I was in mumbai for a period of 3 years and used to stay on Carter road , and there used to be this police truck standing there in the night. once we asked the cops inside the truck for a light and were surprised to find a nice decient size mandir inside the truck complete with idols , insence sticks buring , garlands and lighting to jazz up the place . there was also a coconut and some other type of parsad in it . well we got some with free with the light we asked for .
So u never know even the Hummers might Turn in to a place of worship . but u know this is one temple i wont mind going every day actually twice even lol:

But some one has to talk some sense in to these stupid netas to do some grond work before making stupid statements

Hummer for the cops because it drives well in flood like conditions --BIG NO NO . Not when we have cheaper Indian alternatives . why dont they start by spending some money on infrastructure to start with and hopefuly we will never have such conditions .

Hummer For The Indian Army - WHY NOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar24
I think its complete waste of money and where are they going to drive around in those Hummers in Mumbai. I don't think anything incident such as the 26/7 happen in near future. So whats the need of a Hummer.

Even if 26/7 does happen again, there was enough water in Kurla to drown double decker buses. No damned hummer is taller than a double decker. So what's the point of getting one?