Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 19:49   #181
BHPian

Swift:Specifications | Global Suzuki

the specs for the new swift are available on the above link, though I am not sure if it will all be the same when it gets launched in India.
Anyone has any news as to when is it expected to be launched here ?
Old 27th September 2010, 16:59   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, the new swift wont be launched at least until March 2011. With the improvements, will it carry the same quality as the European model needs to be seen.

But to price it reasonably and enjoy the current sales numbers Maruti Suzuki might skimp on the features, especially on the diesel. Its wait and watch as to what all will be included at what price by Maruti Suzuki.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:10   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
IMO, the new swift wont be launched at least until March 2011.
+1. Earlier, one of the Maruti officials had said that they will completely upgrade 'one of their best sellers' in 2011. I'm sure it is Swift.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:23   #184

Might be due to Kizashi also

That might the logical thing to do also, if they are planning a year-end Kizashi launch. They might not want to do the two launches in quick succession.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:05   #185
Senior - BHPian

Saw an auto show yesterday evening, where it was claimed that the new Swift will be launched in Jul'11 & the new Dzire by Oct'11.

So bad on Suzuki's part, as we will have to wait for another year or so to lay hands on the car, especially when the car is being launched in Paris Motorshow. IMO it's unfair on Suzuki's part to deny Indians the best of their products when it is primarily because of India, the company is surviving.
Old 30th September 2010, 01:13   #186
BHPian

90 Sec review

Review done by autocar UK. Autocar Single Title Player

I felt the the car may not be radically different except in the front seat and dashboard area.Same rear legroom with a little bit more width but with reduced boot space compared to the existing model. I feel those who want to go for the swift should go ahead and buy the present model with the improved brakes and suspension since the engines will remain the sa

Last edited by damodar : 30th September 2010 at 01:16.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:03   #187
BHPian

Hormazd first impressions

This is what Hormazd tweets after seeing the new swift at paris auto show

"Saw new Swift in Paris. Styling sharp but easy to mistake for old Swift. Interior qualty&design much better but still not enuf space in rear"
Old 11th October 2010, 11:13   #188
BHPian

I went with a friend yesterday to Whitefield Bimal to book a Swift ZXI for him. The Salesperson was very confident that the new facelifted Swift will be announced end of December and delivery will start from mid Jan 2011. He took 10K for booking and put Swift "new shape" for vehicle details in the booking form.

Should I trust him?
Old 11th October 2010, 13:13   #189
Senior - BHPian

Every indian auto journalist who saw the car in flesh at the Paris Motor Show , felt that the car looks unmistakably similar to the current one . Some said there is slight improvement in the rear legroom , some said not !
Old 11th October 2010, 13:20   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugged View Post
The Salesperson was very confident that the new facelifted Swift will be announced end of December and delivery will start from mid Jan 2011. He took 10K for booking and put Swift "new shape" for vehicle details in the booking form.

Should I trust him?
This is October. You have paid an advance for a vehicle that is supposed to be launched in December & delivered in Jan ? 3 months from now ?
Old 11th October 2010, 14:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Waiting for 3 months for your car to arrive is not something new. Check out waiting period for Dzire/Swift D/Polo, people are already waiting for 3 months after booking one!!
Old 12th October 2010, 14:05   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This is October. You have paid an advance for a vehicle that is supposed to be launched in December & delivered in Jan ? 3 months from now ?

Yes, Swift ZXI has an average waiting period of 4 months now.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:38   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

@debugged
The sales man has claimes that the new Swift will come in then. Is there any validation for that claim ?

My point is - Without anything concrete/ credible, how can a person pay an advance ?
Old 26th October 2010, 11:14   #194

Yeahh.. Even I am waiting for the new facelift Swift!!! Still thinking if I should go in for the new facelift version with an unknown waiting time or with the old version with a 40K discount when the new Swift is launched??
Old 14th November 2010, 19:19   #195
Senior - BHPian

Glowing review by Jeremy Clarkson

In his weekly review column for Cars in the Sunday Times, Jeremy Clarkson seems to be rather pleased with this car.

Source : The Sunday Times

Little snippet from the same :

Quote:
Whatever, the new car is a little bit bigger than before and comes with a choice of two new engines: a diesel from Fiat and a clever petrol-powered 1.2, which is what I tried, in SZ4 trim. I liked it. I also liked the handling, the ride, the driving position and, most of all, the look and the feel of the interior. From behind the wheel, you’d guess this was a £15,000 car. And you’d be wrong. Because it actually costs £2,500 less than that.

Faults? Well, I suppose the back seat is a bit of a squash, but buying a Swift and complaining about that is like buying a knitting needle and complaining it’s no good for deadheading roses. It’s a small car. So what do you expect?

No, as a tool it’s fairly close to faultless, but what sets it apart from other Japanese hatchbacks is that, like the old Swift, it has a personality. As is the way with the Fiat 500, it has a cheekiness and a puppy-dog attitude to its business. It is a car that you look forward to driving.

This means you really don’t need to be a member of an owners’ club. You won’t need technical advice from others because it’s unlikely to go wrong, and you won’t need to be reassured by the company of other Swift drivers that you made the right choice. Because the rest of us already know.

Tend to agree with him 100%!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks