Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:06   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
imo they should keep the old swift alive too with a minor price cut.
This would work out if there are drastic differences between the outgoing and incoming models. For example, Santro and i10. But the old Swift's DNA can be seen easily in the new Swift. How many people would then prefer new Swift over the old one, especially when the old one has become cheaper?
Considering the backlog MSIL already has on Swift, how will they manage the manufacturing of two Swifts in parallel?
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:00   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
The autocar review has come out. Mentions a may launch. New Swift test drive and review.
Read through the review on Autocar's website and I strongly feel that their views are based on the European version and not the Indian version. In almost every line the words 'probably' and 'might be' are used, for what features the car will boast. Though ACI has gone ahead confirming the engine types, which unfortunately are not different than the current ones on offer. Even ACI does not have a clear idea when this car is gonna launch. MSIL takes its own sweet time.

(That's me beating MSIL for delaying the launch of the new Swift)
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:30   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Read through the review on Autocar's website and I strongly feel that their views are based on the European version and not the Indian version. In almost every line the words 'probably' and 'might be' are used, for what features the car will boast. Though ACI has gone ahead confirming the engine types, which unfortunately are not different than the current ones on offer. Even ACI does not have a clear idea when this car is gonna launch. MSIL takes its own sweet time.

(That's me beating MSIL for delaying the launch of the new Swift)
+1. This is exactly what I felt reading the review. They go somewhere, TD some car with a totally different spec, and then make their own share of assumptions. We without doing a TD also can have such assumptions and "wishful" thinking as well !
Old 24th February 2011, 11:57   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
+1. This is exactly what I felt reading the review. They go somewhere, TD some car with a totally different spec, and then make their own share of assumptions. We without doing a TD also can have such assumptions and "wishful" thinking as well !
Look at it from MUL perspective for India. It is simply their best seller. Every body feels it the best looking hatch in the market 5-6 years after the launch!! all they need to keep the momentum going is to 'fix' some of the most common complaints of lack of internal space. modernise some lines and they can retain the best seller tag for another 5-6 years. by which time market would have some serious competition and they can finally overhaul the looks to a great extent.
I feel by what ever glimpses I have seen of the new gen car it looks better than the out going model.

The engine spec may not match, then again we already have new engines on the swift from last year. it is more of a visual upgrade and some interior upgrades.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:27   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Look at it from MUL perspective for India. It is simply their best seller. Every body feels it the best looking hatch in the market 5-6 years after the launch!! all they need to keep the momentum going is to 'fix' some of the most common complaints of lack of internal space. modernise some lines and they can retain the best seller tag for another 5-6 years. by which time market would have some serious competition and they can finally overhaul the looks to a great extent.
I feel by what ever glimpses I have seen of the new gen car it looks better than the out going model.

The engine spec may not match, then again we already have new engines on the swift from last year. it is more of a visual upgrade and some interior upgrades.
If they sort it out, well and good. The reviews are conflicting on the interior space. Some people feel that the extra space is not even felt and rear continues to remain cramped. Some say its so spacious now !! I guess everyone agrees on the handling part and have said handling is better with the new version. My grudge on the current car has more to do with the plastics and rattling - It definitely needs an improvement.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:04   #336
BHPian

The 2011 Suzuki Swift is now available in UAE.
GLX comes 1.4L VVT Engine, 16" Alloy Wheels, Keyless Go, Tilt+Telescopic Steering with Audio controls, ABS with EBD, Fog lamps, Driver + Passenger + Side + Curtain Airbags. Will try to get a brochure and upload the same if time permits. Young Arabs love this pocket rocket. The current top end version costs aproxx 60K AED.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:40   #337
rmk
BHPian

Yesterday happened to read in a blog that the new swift will get some new features like sunroof, push button start and the same display screen shown in the pictures ( i seriously doubt the screen part) along with changes in dimension and the price would be higher to avoid placing the swift in the ritz range.
All the pics we see under the title new swift 2011 india are mirrored interior images of the international version And maruthi hasnt even commented on any changes yet. So it'd be better if we dont expect that interior quality and bigdisplay in our swift.
Old 1st March 2011, 16:38   #338
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011, Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011 test drive, Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011 price in India

Here is a review of the indian swift 2011. I don't know how authentic this is.
Old 1st March 2011, 16:41   #339
Senior - BHPian

Again looks like maybe they drove an overseas version.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:44   #340
BHPian

My bad. It must be the UK version that was shipped here for preproduction unveiling to the dealers. The 16 inchers and the steering mounted bluetooth controls are identical to the UK spec car tested by autocar india last month, and are certainly not going to make it in the indian version.
Old 9th March 2011, 00:17   #341
Senior - BHPian

i went to the local suzuki showroom in dubai to have a dekho at the new swift.

i liked the bigger version of the current/old swift, it has better stance and better road presence.

my knees use to touch the dashboard in the old swift, and its not the case in the new swift. its much more roomier than the old one, and much more comfortable.

in dubai, basic version and full option are sold side by side, though they have the same 1.4 petrol engine with 94 BHP and AT.

full option: alloy wheels, disc brakes on all four, 6 air bags (front, side and curtain), star/stop button, front fog lights, automatic AC, USB socket in dash, audio control on steering, 16 inch alloys @ 65000 dirhams ( 1 dirhams is 12 indian rupees)

basic version: minus the above features with few of them as optional also. @ 59000 dirhams (1 dirham = 12 rupees).

the boot is still small compared to the indian customer's demands, and here in dubai the swift comes with a space saver spare tyre!

i liked the fully loaded version, i would be posting the photos tommorow.
Old 10th March 2011, 00:29   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i went to the local suzuki showroom in dubai to have a dekho at the new swift.

i liked the bigger version of the current/old swift, it has better stance and better road presence.

my knees use to touch the dashboard in the old swift, and its not the case in the new swift. its much more roomier than the old one, and much more comfortable.

in dubai, basic version and full option are sold side by side, though they have the same 1.4 petrol engine with 94 BHP and AT.

full option: alloy wheels, disc brakes on all four, 6 air bags (front, side and curtain), star/stop button, front fog lights, automatic AC, USB socket in dash, audio control on steering, 16 inch alloys @ 65000 dirhams ( 1 dirhams is 12 indian rupees)

basic version: minus the above features with few of them as optional also. @ 59000 dirhams (1 dirham = 12 rupees).

the boot is still small compared to the indian customer's demands, and here in dubai the swift comes with a space saver spare tyre!

i liked the fully loaded version, i would be posting the photos tommorow.
+1

but costly compared to other cars in the class, but this one is winning on the image
Old 10th March 2011, 10:36   #343
Senior - BHPian

May 15-20 is the launch date.
Old 10th March 2011, 11:21   #344
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2011 at 15:53.
theoriginal9321 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th March 2011, 11:33   #345
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the scoop sid.
My guess would be 15-20 May Launch. Followed by bookings opening in the first week of June, deliveries starting in the first week of July.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks