Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 12:35   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Dealers start Advance Bookings of NEW SWIFT - 2011 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
beejay, how much is the booking amount and what is the penalty in case of cancellation in your city?I'm planning to book and do the same next week what you did. :-)
See beejay's thread in 'I booked my car'. It says "25 thousand. I can refund on cancellation".

Cheers!
Old 5th April 2011, 12:35   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
beejay, how much is the booking amount and what is the penalty in case of cancellation in your city?I'm planning to book and do the same next week what you did. :-)
Booking amount was 25K.

I think you pay the penalty only if the car is allotted in your name. I am not sure, just assuming. The existing Swift has a two month waiting period here. I will wait till the first week of May, if now news on the launch, I will cancel my booking.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:29   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Booking amount was 25K.

I think you pay the penalty only if the car is allotted in your name. I am not sure, just assuming. The existing Swift has a two month waiting period here. I will wait till the first week of May, if now news on the launch, I will cancel my booking.
As per the latest, bookings for Swift 2011 will start in May sometime and deliveries expected by end 2011.
I guess thats the speculation at most of the dealers.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:32   #409
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

The petrol is coming with 1.2L VVT, as for diesel not sure but may be something from VW,[hoping it's not the 3 pot motor] that's what I got today from a friend who works for maruti marketing . Price increase of around 40K over the exciting model range. Will have interior something similar to the Dubai spec model photos.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:35   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The petrol is coming with 1.2L VVT, as for diesel not sure but may be something from VW,[hoping it's not the 3 pot motor] that's what I got today from a friend who works for maruti marketing . Price increase of around 40K over the exciting model range. Will have interior something similar to the Dubai spec model photos.
So they plan to have 2 separate 1.2 engines ? VVT for the Swift and non-VVT for the Ritz? Or both of them are going to get the powerful VVT ?
I hope they dont get the 1.2 VW diesel. The multijet is just so much better.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:45   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So they plan to have 2 separate 1.2 engines ? VVT for the Swift and non-VVT for the Ritz? Or both of them are going to get the powerful VVT ?
The VVT for swift is sure that's what I got from my friend, the diesel he did not want to give away the details [does not want my booking canceled if the engine is small] , this one will compete with the i-20 in the market, so was asking if it is coming with the 90bhp version of the DDiS, On that he said this.But it may come with the same engine also, this part I have no confirmed news.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:46   #412
BHPian

I give up. That is the end of my patience and tolerance.

Good bye Suzuki Swift a.k.a 'Rattle-touille'

Welcome Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD

I am gonna love it...
Old 8th April 2011, 11:51   #413
Senior - BHPian

Folks any updates on the Launch dates ?
Looks like we don’t have any new hatch launches this summer, quite disappointing !
Old 8th April 2011, 11:55   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Looks like we don’t have any new hatch launches this summer, quite disappointing !
Launch first week of may deliveries start mid-end of may, around 20th.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:08   #415
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dinar for the update, can you please confirm from where you got this information !
I checked with a Maruti dealer here in Bangalore, he said he has no clue about the new Swift.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:10   #416
BHPian

40k more over the existing model is preposterous. Remember that they never passed on the excise benefit to us when they plonked the 1.2 K series engine. With Toyota Etios Liva and Honda Brio launches around the corner, I don't think Maruti will be foolish to price it 40k higher.

Pradeep

Quote:
Old 8th April 2011, 17:10   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dinar for the update, can you please confirm from where you got this information !
I checked with a Maruti dealer here in Bangalore, he said he has no clue about the new Swift.
As I had said I have booked the car, did not have any info regarding the price or for that matter anything else so had to keep the news to myself, Today I spoke to the marketing head, and got this news as he mentioned that my car will be delivered by 20th may or so. Mine was the first booking with the dealer it was shifted from booking for old one to the new, after I got a confirmation of may launch. All the dealers here in Goa are accepting booking now.

Guys agian this info was given to me because I have booking for it.
I do not think Maruti wil increase the price this much, also for the engine news, I do not think Maruti will make mistake of getting a 3 pot motor in the new swift with figo eating through it's share at lower end and i-20 doing same in the higher end side.
Keeping my finger crossed.

Last edited by dinar : 8th April 2011 at 17:20.
Old 8th April 2011, 17:12   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I had said I have booked the car, did not have any info regarding the price or for that matter anything else so had to keep the news to myself, Today I spoke to the marketing head, and got this news as he mentioned that my car will be delivered by 20th may or so. Mine was the first booking with the dealer it was shifted from booking for old one to the new, after I got a confirmation of may launch. All the dealers here in Goa are accepting booking now.
Thats good news. I have booked one too, however the dealer here is clueless.

How was the booking transferred? Did you fill a new form?
Old 9th April 2011, 22:25   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Thats good news. I have booked one too, however the dealer here is clueless.

How was the booking transferred? Did you fill a new form?
It was was just shifted to the new car, I had my car at the dealer, I just mentioned that I'll wait for the new one. that's bout it and the amount was transferred to the new one in the system.
Old 10th April 2011, 00:44   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Currently Swift will get the 1.2 VVT K series engine. It will come sometime later in Ritz. However don't expect performance to improve by much.
However the diesel will come with a new state of tune. Expect it to be even better. And yes the Zdi is up for grabs this time.

Quote:
Should be around the end of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
40k more over the existing model is preposterous. Remember that they never passed on the excise benefit to us when they plonked the 1.2 K series engine. With Toyota Etios Liva and Honda Brio launches around the corner, I don't think Maruti will be foolish to price it 40k higher.
Pradeep
Lets hope so. But a 20K increase can be expected.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks