Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nowhere. Its just my take after seeing the pictures and specifications of the car.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Why is this thread in the Test Drive and Initial Ownership Impression when its all based on information?
Its a nice introduction though.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Swift seems to have carried forward its weak points:

- Laughable boot space for a car of this size

- Claustrophobic rear seats because of low roof and small rear windows

What exactly is the point of this new Swift ? Just making a car bigger doesn't make it better.

The only improvements I could see are the 60:40 split folding seats, MID and the integrated music system with Bluetooth connectivity (which would most probably be offerred only in the ZXi variant only).

Rohan
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:45   #34
BHPian

Hot got hotter

Wow the hot Swift got Hotter. I really like the new swift from the front and the side profile. The rear seems a let down for me. The interiors look really up market. Hope they carry the same quality for India. The increased length & width and the slight reduction in height should make this car an even better handler and fun to drive car.

The boot space is less, but the leg room will be just awesome like the new wagon R. I guess for India they could reduce the leg room and slightly increase the boot space to atleast the existing Swift levels. The engine seems to be awesome atleast on paper. I am sure for India though they will retain the same K series and maybe VVTise it like in case of SX4 with a slight increase in power, to benefit from the excise duty relief for <1.2L engines. This means that the performance may not be on par with the Global version. Anyways all assumptions, so we have to wait and watch to know what will happen in India.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:52   #35
BHPian

It would be interesting to see the 'dzirification' of this model. With an extended legroom and better integrated back (Inputs from Suzuki Japan?), the car can continue to be the best seller in the entry level C segment.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
1) Laughable boot space for a car of this size

2) Claustrophobic rear seats because of low roof and small rear windows

3) What exactly is the point of this new Swift ? Just making a car bigger doesn't make it better.

The only improvements I could see are the 60:40 split folding seats, MID and the integrated music system with Bluetooth connectivity (which would most probably be offerred only in the ZXi variant only).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
4) The increased length & width and the slight reduction in height should make this car an even better handler and fun to drive car.

5) The engine seems to be awesome atleast on paper. I am sure for India though they will retain the same K series and maybe VVTise it like in case of SX4 with a slight increase in power, to benefit from the excise duty relief for <1.2L engines.

This means that the performance may not be on par with the Global version. Anyways all assumptions, so we have to wait and watch to know what will happen in India.
1) This is done to increase the rear legroom which will be an added benefit.

2) IMO, lets wait till the car comes out. I dont think that anybody has even occupied the rear seat of this new Swift to comment. Things might be better, we dont know.

3) Well, again its too early to comment. The driving dynamcis will be improved, so this is a big advantage. The space for passengers will be better than the current Swift. The body shell will be stronger than the current Swift. More fun to drive, cleaner units with more power. I think the list is very long, so for sure there are points for the new Swift to be there.

Now lets compare Santro Xing and i10 1.1. What was the point of i10 1.1 then ? The ride is still choppy in i10, space is not that great, the car is underpowered. High speed dynamics, the less said the better. But i10 was a modern car so it came. Similarly, new Swift is more modern than the current Swift.

4) The main reason for Swift's success was the driving dynamics. Even today, its one of the best hatchback for driving pleasure. I am sure that the new Swift will have better driving dynamics.

5) First of all, the new Swift is lighter than the current Swift, a positive point. Globally all manufacturers are doing this. As per what I have read, the new Swift is stronger yet lighter. Hopefully, it would not be significantly more expensive to manufacture.

Next, I expect more than 1-2 bhp jump we have seen in M16A. I expect the K12M to produce around 90 bhp in India. That power coupled with lighter weight will give good performance IMO.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this thread should even be around, it should make it's way back when the car is launched.

First impressions from pictures and technical data is alright in speculative threads but not in the test-drive section of the forum.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

I might not have noticed its a new version unless the thread was'nt named Swift 2011.

Repositioning the rear license plate seems to be a bad idea, it looks really bad. Apart from that its only change in light shapes, bumpers and grill. Not worth the efforts.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:08   #39
BANNED

I like the present one's front grill and rear door more than this one. But for everything else (except the reduction in boot space), it's the new one!
And regarding the new DZire, let's hope for a better integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What exactly is the point of this new Swift ? Just making a car bigger doesn't make it better.
To know that, first you need to come out of the 'H' cage.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I like the present one's front grill and rear door more than this one. But for everything else (except the reduction in boot space), it's the new one!
And regarding the new DZire, let's hope for a better integration
Agree completely about the design bit though would prefer not to see a Dezire'd version .
Quote:
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:02   #41
BHPian

Wrong Section.

I would request the Mods to please move this thread to appropriate section.

Its syntactically incorrect to put this thread here.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
its too early to comment.
I think you are right. Nobody has seen the new Swift. There is no point discussing about it based only on numbers and figures.

Quote:
No comments.

This thread is about new Swift, lets not get OT by discussing Maruti vs Hyundai.

Rohan
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:13   #43
Team-BHP Support

boot space is a big disappointment - i found even the old swift boot inadequate.

other than that ... bring it on. I really hope they launch an A/T version. I might buy one all over again in A/T guise.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:24   #44
BHPian

Great write-up Sid.

New swift looks amazing and the interiors are a huge improvement over the present one.
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:07   #45
BHPian

Very good effort Sid.

To me, the new swift looks more or less same. Agreed, interiors are ages ahead of the present boring one. Hope Marut "rattle" Suzuki takes great effort to improve most drawbacks of current gen swift. In today's cut-throat market, nothing can be taken for granted. Who knows what will happen when ethos is out?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks