Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 13:11   #451
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

And pratham motors ORR don't seem to (or atleast act like) have a clue as well, i am cancelling my booking this saturday (bought an i10 already).
Old 14th April 2011, 14:16   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
And pratham motors ORR don't seem to (or atleast act like) have a clue as well, i am cancelling my booking this saturday (bought an i10 already).
Steve_Austin, how long you were waiting & what is the penalty amount for cancellation in pratham motors?

I am looking for alternate cars, in case if new swift is not going to be launched in may.

-Ravi
Old 14th April 2011, 15:00   #453
BHPian

@Ravi - Waited for 10 months, i could afford to wait for the initial 6 months when the RTR was good enough with me being a bachelor but with marriage in December, a good car to move around in city and occasional highway trips became more important than waiting forever for the new swift.

And the cancellation should be costing me 1K flat (paid 10k as advance back then, so should get 9k back).

Last edited by Steve_Austin : 14th April 2011 at 15:00. Reason: Typo
Old 15th April 2011, 17:54   #454
BANNED

Source: Maruti to increase Swift production, revamp model | mydigitalfc.com
Quote:
"Maruti Suzuki will raise monthly production of the Swift by 25 per cent from August this year to reduce the waiting period and fend off competition. The company will start manufacturing the new Swift with a monthly production of 6,000 units in July this year and raise it to 17,000 units August onwards, industry executives privy to the model told Financial Chronicle.

The company currently manufactures 13,000 Swift units every month.

“Swift’s production at Manesar will increase once we have extra capacity. At present, we manufacture the Swift in Gurgaon when there is no extra capacity available at Manesar,” said MM Singh, managing executive officer (production), Maruti Suzuki India.

The Swift will thus ride past rival Hyundai’s i10 in sales, becoming the second largest selling car in the country after Alto. Hyundai sells an average of 15,000 units a month of the i10.

Maruti Suzuki will start operations on a planned new assembly line capable of making 300,000 cars per annum in the second half of this fiscal. At present, Maruti Suzuki manufactures 1.2 million cars annually at both factories — 850,000 units in Gurgaon and and 350,000 units in Manesar.

The new Swift, with additional features and minor tweaks in headlamps and bumpers, will be launched either at the end of July or in the beginning of August. The production of the new Swift will entirely shift to Manesar.

The hatchback segment expanded 28 per cent to 1.44 million units in 2010-11, according to Siam (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers). Last financial year, Volkswagen, Ford and Nissan launched new models in the segment."
This clears many of the speculations above. According to this report, the actual launch will be in July, and only the new model will be available after that.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th April 2011 at 13:04. Reason: Quote added.
Old 17th April 2011, 11:51   #455
BHPian

here are few more pictures of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-207865_10150172255976305_528121304_6874622_2760789_n.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-215610_10150172254721305_528121304_6874603_6203540_n.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-215652_10150172255306305_528121304_6874610_4429593_n.jpg  

Old 17th April 2011, 12:00   #456
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to see the new Swift here in Dubai. Interiors are great on this one, leagues ahead of the existing. Though I liked the way it looked in the showroom (exterior), for some reason I didn't find it appealing when I saw it on the roads. It has lost it's sharp lines and looks bulky. The rear bumper doesn't suit it at all. It looks the best from the sides.
Old 17th April 2011, 12:37   #457
Senior - BHPian

Good catch from the i-fone. Looks like a mid level model judging by lack of rear wiper. In the first image, despite the angle, the extra width as compared to the silver dzire is apparent.
Old 17th April 2011, 13:06   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
here are few more pictures of the car.
The registration number HR26 BD suggests they have been testing the for more than a year now.
Old 18th April 2011, 02:51   #459
BHPian

Not a hundred percent sure, but looks like the new swift has already arrived in the dealers stock yard here in Pune. This information just slipped from one of the person of the dealership while i was just trying to extract some information.

When asked him is it going to get launced April end? He said sir "aap ko to saab pata hai"

Looks like most of the big dealers in Pune might have received the new swift prior to launch.

Or may be this persons information is wrong.

Last edited by tush : 18th April 2011 at 02:53.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:22   #460
BHPian

Earlier it was May '11 and now July '11! And I have heard and read a few indicating that it might be Sep '11.

I am myself desperately waiting for the New Swift. Had sold my faithful Indica a couple of months ago and now back to old Matiz which is turning out to be a highly unreliable car to take out on highways - some new issue cropping up time and again.

The dealers here at Panchkula & Chandigarh are not giving any update whatsoever. I had booked current Swift back in Oct '10 and I have received the car twice after opting for a color change to delay the delivery. I feel like my youth is getting wasted away in this wait.

The only other car that makes sense to me in today's age is Indica Vista QJD. But then Maruti's reliability and Swift's image is something worth waiting for.

I hope I don't give in to my impatience and go with the current Swift / Vista :(
Old 20th April 2011, 14:12   #461
BHPian

I believe MSUL is not announcing a launch date of the new Swift in order to maintain strong sales of the current generation Swift right till the very end. However, I don't think of this strategy as a very wise one.

By not announcing a launch date, potential buyers of the new Swift get frustrated with the indefinite time-frame and end up losing patience and interest and end up going in for other cars (like the i20 and Figo). This has also been seen amongst members of the forum, who have waited for the car for months. Thus, I think MSUL should announce a launch date, or atleast month, in order to hold onto some of their potential buyers.
Old 20th April 2011, 14:46   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
I believe MSUL is not announcing a launch date of the new Swift in order to maintain strong sales of the current generation Swift right till the very end. However, I don't think of this strategy as a very wise one.

By not announcing a launch date, potential buyers of the new Swift get frustrated with the indefinite time-frame and end up losing patience and interest and end up going in for other cars (like the i20 and Figo). This has also been seen amongst members of the forum, who have waited for the car for months. Thus, I think MSUL should announce a launch date, or atleast month, in order to hold onto some of their potential buyers.
Confirmed news (Don't ask me from where). New Swift launch in July
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 16:36   #463

Rode my faithful Royal Enfield for 6 years (I bought it when I was in college). Had my eyes on a diesel Swift for a couple of years and when the time (and money :-)) came for me to get a car I was totally dejected by Maruthi Suzuki's arrogance. They asked me to wait for 2-3 months to get a current gen Swift and till next year for the new gen. Really din like the take it or leave it attitude of Maruthi Suzuki. Enter Ford. Test drove the Figo TDCi, booked it and got delivery in a couple of days! Ford service has been excellent (atleast when they were selling it!) - gave me discounts and accessories worth atleast 10-12k.

I absolutely love the car and I am now encouraging a friend who is sick of waiting for his Swift to defect! What i REALLY dont understand is: How can Maruthi still not meet demand for Swift even after so many years of existence? Do they really have such horrible forecast methods or maybe they have a "if they want it, let them wait" attitude.
Really glad that so many other multinationals have ramped up models, production capacities and are ready to overthrow the czar who never cared!
Old 24th April 2011, 15:30   #464
BHPian

Caught Swift to be launched this year, testing on NH8 Delhi Gurgaon Expressway. From the first look, it appears to be bigger than the present Swift. But must admit driver was driving at a speed of hardly 40-50 kmph, which for such a wonderful engine & car is really a crime
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-20110413_162903_438_new-delhi.jpg  

Old 24th April 2011, 17:21   #465
BHPian

It seems from reading the above posts that the launch will be in July. As per the pictures the new swift looks much better than the current one. Even the interiors are nice. This will surely dent the sales of i20 according to me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed