Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 14:45   #556
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Swift is expected to be launched before September. That's a long way to go.
Technically speaking whosoever has booked April onwards will automaticaly get the new Swift 2011.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:13   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
Technically speaking whosoever has booked April onwards will automaticaly get the new Swift 2011.
How? My booking was on April 1st. I was told, that my vehicle would be delivered on the last week of May, by which the Gen2 would still not have been launched.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:18   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
How? My booking was on April 1st. I was told, that my vehicle would be delivered on the last week of May, by which the Gen2 would still not have been launched.
I was told my CARS - India sales executive that the new gen swift is expected to be launched by may 15th. But I dont trust these guys for sure! When I asked him if he can accept my booking for the new gen SWIFT, he said No and said booking were available only for the present SWIFT. Dont know who to trust.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:26   #559
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Swift on 28th april and as per dealer the waiting period is 4-5 months. So I applied simple mathematics. Now the question is that Does the waiting period varies in different regions of India . And if the answer is yes then I am sorry for the mismatched date. The owner of the maruti agency said the delivery of the new swift will start in July end . And I have a good relation with him , so I believe that he will not be lying to me. I was assured that I will get the new swift by mid august.
Old 30th April 2011, 16:36   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey if you have already booked and want the Next Gen Swift then why dont you ask them to upgrade your booking to Next Gen Swift.
I guess it was mentioned in a post earlier that one can upgrade.
Old 1st May 2011, 01:23   #561
BHPian

I dont understand why Maruti is allowing its dealerships to accept booking for a model thats not even announced.

Ideally Maruti should either announce when they are launching the vehicle or stop dealers on accepting booking for next gen swift.

Situation not being clear only has customer disgruntled, and dealers sitting on booking amount for months! Its just bad blood for Maruti.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:29   #562
BHPian

What is the problem in that? Dealers can take pre-bookings. Maruti must have told the dealers that the new Swift is going to come on some XYZ date and that the test drive vehicle will be delivered before that. I mean dealer is not doing anything wrong here. If people want to book their vehicle to reduce the waiting period I do not see any problem with that.
Old 1st May 2011, 14:14   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What is the problem in that? Dealers can take pre-bookings. Maruti must have told the dealers that the new Swift is going to come on some XYZ date and that the test drive vehicle will be delivered before that. I mean dealer is not doing anything wrong here. If people want to book their vehicle to reduce the waiting period I do not see any problem with that.
A very relevant answer. It's not the dealer who is confusing us , but it's the people who do not want to understand simple things. When they are saying that the they will start delivering the new swift as and when it will be launched , then what's confusing here. And unoficially they are saying it that the new car will be out in 'july'. So what's the big fus all about.
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sids911;
I dont understand why Maruti is allowing its dealerships to accept booking for a model thats not even announced.

Ideally Maruti should either announce when they are launching the vehicle or stop dealers on accepting booking for next gen swift.
Well it's loud and clear from the dealer's side ( although unofficial)that they are accepting the bookings for the new swift cause they are very sure about the launch of the new car. Now if we still cannot understand then it's not their fault. I waited for this car for almost an year and booked it now when the dealer personally assured me that new swift will be delivered against my booking. In Punjab all dealers have maintained a waiting period of 4-5 months . I don't know weather it is from the company side or artificially done by the dealers, cause as the other members say that they will be getting their cars booked in April to be delivered in may itself.
Old 1st May 2011, 15:31   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"If" the case is what you have told, then its fine. But one catch here is that, only very few dealerships are taking the booking for the new Swift. If its a Maruti directive, then all dealerships should be on the same page and should be taking the bookings.

Secondly, if the current Swift is going to be replaced by the new Swift, I still don't see a problem in people booking the Swift - atleast it will reduce the wait time. When the new Swift launches, people waiting in the queue will get the new Swift - If they dont like it, they could cancel the booking as well.
Old 1st May 2011, 22:51   #565
Senior - BHPian

The new Swift with better interiors, slightly more space, lighter kerb weight and better dynamics should definitely be a better buy. Not that the current Swift is getting long in the tooth or looks dated, but a better product for a marginal hike in price is always welcome
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:10   #566
BHPian

Quote:
And what exactly is "pre-bookings" and are pre-bookings taken by dealers of honda or toyotas of the world on the impending launch of new civic and etios liva??

Its sheer greed on dealers part, and Maruti at fault for not course correcting them.

If maruti must have told the dealers as you say they must have done, i am pretty sure TBhp would know it first. And these guys are taking "pre-bookings" since at the least couple of months!! And its still speculation at best!
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:45   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
And what exactly is "pre-bookings" and are pre-bookings taken by dealers of honda or toyotas of the world on the impending launch of new civic and etios liva??

Its sheer greed on dealers part, and Maruti at fault for not course correcting them.

If maruti must have told the dealers as you say they must have done, i am pretty sure TBhp would know it first. And these guys are taking "pre-bookings" since at the least couple of months!! And its still speculation at best!
Why exactly is it greedy? I would like to ask people ho have booked their new swifts that whether they will receive the entire booking amount if they cancel their booking for new swift. I have read many times that dealers cut a part of booking amount if you cancel the booking. I do not know whether the dealers booking swift are doing this or not. If they are not then what is problem?

Anyways this thread is about discussing swift. I think we will have to wait for some more time to get any concrete information.
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:14   #568
Senior - BHPian

All New Swift Launch has been Postponed till July-Aug.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:56   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
All New Swift Launch has been Postponed till July-Aug.
This confirms what the dealer had told me , he said " delivery of new swift will start in July end"
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saanil
I would like to ask people ho have booked their new swifts that whether they will receive the entire booking amount if they cancel their booking for new swift. I have read many times that dealers cut a part of booking amount if you cancel the booking. I do not know whether the dealers booking swift are doing this or not. If they are not then what is problem?
I have asked the dealer about this , he said that in case you do not want to have the current model then you can deffer your booking till the new model comes. There is no need to cancel the current booking , you will remain in the priority list .
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:14   #570
Senior - BHPian

What are the features expected in the new Swift over the existing Swift? Can somebody please tell me about this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed