Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 13:50   #586
Team-BHP Support

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

For those who are interested, here is a review from one of Singapore's leading auto website Suzuki Swift 1.4 GLX VVT (A) 2011 - Review & Road Test - Oneshift.com
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 01:32   #587
BHPian

Swift Remains My Favorite Hatch Back.

Loved My Swift VXI too much to\o let it go, the registration No. still finds mention in my user name on T-BHP

Now on the Look out again for a hatch back for Wifey, hoping the New Swift is worth the wait and MSIL doesnt ring a surprise somewhere
Old 11th May 2011, 13:09   #588
rmk
BHPian

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with.......excessive.........dots......like....... ..this.......Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Swift Remains My Favorite Hatch Back.

Loved My Swift VXI too much to\o let it go, the registration No. still finds mention in my user name on T-BHP

Now on the Look out again for a hatch back for Wifey, hoping the New Swift is worth the wait and MSIL doesnt ring a surprise somewhere

Waiting for the new swift is like staring at the sky to see an ufo...
I waited 1.5 years for the new swift... They still have the segment best numbers in their sales chart... averaging 10000+ every month...
+ mob still loves this car, and maruthi doesn't feel threatened (wait till the launch of liva.. a small car form toyota is gonna do some bang bang...).... and so they dont care...

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2011 at 13:25. Reason: Please avoid typing with.......excessive.........dots......like.........this.......Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 10:56   #589
Senior - BHPian

There are news that the new Swift Diesel will be more drivable in the city courtesy retuning of the engine which will allow more torque at lower RPM,read 190 Nm at 1750 RPM against 2000 RPM in the outgoing model. Here is the link to the Motorbeam report :

2011 Maruti Swift To Get Revised Diesel Engine

Bad news for Figo, Punto, Vista, etc, especially when the car is also rated good on safety.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:14   #590
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam report states that the new Swift will debut in July 2011, guys any update on this long awaited elusive car.
Old 16th May 2011, 01:25   #591
BHPian

July2011 seems to the Realistic lauch time, as few months back MSIL have announced officially to shift all of its Swift, Swift Dzire production to Manesar plant for efficient & fast manufacturing of around 17k units/month which is fledging around 11.5-12k units/month presently.
For the sake of Ford-effect, lets hope MSIL might unveil it a month or half before the beginning of its deliveries.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:07   #592
BHPian

When is the New Swift Launching in India?

Hi, like thousands of swift followers, i am waiting for the new swift launch, any experts who can throw light on the suspense launch date???
Old 18th May 2011, 20:38   #593
Senior - BHPian

Cancelled my Swift 2011 VDI (ABS) booking last saturday. Enough of waiting !

We had multiple predictions ( early May, July, Aug, Sept, Dec....) in this thread for launch date. Already we are in mid-may and one of the expected launch time line had crossed now.

No sight of any news from MSIL and making people to wait more & more, as each day is passing through...

-Ravi
Old 18th May 2011, 20:59   #594
Senior - BHPian

I guess we'd be in the market for a Hatch by the end of this year. Hope the new Swift is out by then

Can't wait!
Old 18th May 2011, 21:04   #595
BHPian

I don't understand why MSIL takes so much time to launch the new swift. Anyway they have launched it in Europe, so why take ages to launch it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
So what are you planning to buy now?
Old 19th May 2011, 13:59   #596
Senior - BHPian

I'm visiting Bangalore next week. Will be carrying a brochure of the new Swift, in case anybody wants to have a look. Interiors are drool worthy. Also of the fabulous new Mazda 2. Probably due for launch next year in India.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:35   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Motorbeam report states that the new Swift will debut in July 2011, guys any update on this long awaited elusive car.
They are as accurate as it can get .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
July2011 seems to the Realistic lauch time, as few months back MSIL have announced officially to shift all of its Swift, Swift Dzire production to Manesar plant for efficient & fast manufacturing of around 17k units/month which is fledging around 11.5-12k units/month presently.
For the sake of Ford-effect, lets hope MSIL might unveil it a month or half before the beginning of its deliveries.
correct information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

We had multiple predictions ( early May, July, Aug, Sept, Dec....) in this thread for launch date. Already we are in mid-may and one of the expected launch time line had crossed now.

No sight of any news from MSIL and making people to wait more & more, as each day is passing through...

-Ravi
When did you book your swift, i.e. for how long have you been waiting for it.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:58   #598
BHPian

We booked VDI in first week of March and got a call from the dealer today for the delivery i.e incase we want the present model. However, incase we want to wait for the new version (he feigned ignorance about the due launch date of the new swift), we can continue with our booking and take delivery upon the launch. However he did confirm that we can expect delivery immedietly after the launch as ours would be a pending booking.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:25   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
However he did confirm that we can expect delivery immedietly after the launch as ours would be a pending booking.
Just imagine, what will be the scenario of Maruti Suzuki showrooms after the launch of New Swift, with prime reasons being -people are waiting for it from around last 1 year.
Second is the worst scenario of delivery status by dealers here, as 2-3 days back while enquiring about the same at local Maruti Suzuki dealer I was just shocked to hear that they're currently delivering the Booking orders of December2010 yet.
Means they're having backlog of 6 months to work now.

This is really really Pathetic.
Leave alone the action by Company-HQs, this act demands serious CBI-Investigation.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:21   #600
BHPian

Today saw a ticker on CNBC mentioning Maruti likely to launch the new Swift sometime in June or July & the new Dzire in December.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks