Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 09:23   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Found this in the comments at a website:

Quote:
Dey on 28 May, 2011 at 07:32 PM
The current swift (Hatch back)will be produced till June 2011 end.
From July 2011 All new Swift -2011(hatchback) will be produced.
This means with current waiting of 3 months....the old swift will be sold upto Aug 2011, and by Sep 2011 all new swift will besold.
There will be 6 variants -Lxi, Vxi, Zxi, Ldi, Vdi, and Zdi(note that there is Zdi this time)
Swift Dzire will continue to be produced in current form upto Sep 2011, thereafter All new Swift Dzire will be produced.
Good about the ZDi version. Still don't get why it wasn't there to begin with.

Link to the source: Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011 in India - Launch Date: July 2011 - Upcoming Car - CarWale

Last edited by VeluM : 29th May 2011 at 09:26.
Old 29th May 2011, 13:37   #617
BHPian

I hope they bring the ZDI with the VGT. There is clearly a market now for high performance hatches with Punto Sport and i20 crdi and Polo 1.6 having paved the way.
Maruti should have a representation here too.
Old 30th May 2011, 00:37   #618
BHPian

Had an exhaustive conversation with SE of Local Maruti Suzuki dealership for the details of so long waiting period of current Swift & for the launch details of new Swift & some of the details told as per him; -The Current Swift is having waiting period of 5-6months presently(means the car booked now will be delivered by September-end or October beginning).
-Reason for above is both Healthy demand & supply constraints.(the probable reason for the latter is that MSIL is shifting the Swift & Dzire production to its Manesar plant completely & the current Swift production is partly from its Old setup & this seems to be more oriented to clear backlog bookings only).
-For now they're currently taking the booking of Current Swift only, later on which can be shifted to the New Swift after its launch.(seems to be a better thing otherwise the New Swift will be having a inborn waiting period of 5 months. That means a 'big NO' to shifting customers)
-Probable launch for New Swift is by this June-end2011.

The next thing is to watch is, 'Does Maruti Suzuki succeeds in reducing the waiting period of New Swift by its production rearrangement' or they'll have to face the same fate again.
Old 30th May 2011, 19:01   #619
BHPian

New Maruti Swift Launch This August.

Earlier today, BS Motoring published "Breaking News" on their website, stating that the new Maruti Swift launch will take place in August. They also go on to say that prices are expected to be 5-7% more than the outgoing car. However, I personally am not going to take this news very seriously, as speculation has been going on from as early as June 2010 and it only results in pointless enthusiasm.

The full article, including the usual speculations about this and that can be seen on their website:

INCOMING! New Maruti Swift this August
rtm_8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 20:31   #620
BANNED

At lease some news. Me too taking it with a pinch of salt. No mention of any source.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:31   #621
Senior - BHPian

Late July or early August launch reports motoroids.com ! Hurray finally some dates being 'almost finalised' for the launch! Also the new Dezire would bow in during October reports the same article.
http://motoroids.com/news/new-swift-...y-october.html
Old 1st June 2011, 01:37   #622
BHPian

New Swift spied again, but this time its completely in undisguised manner.

Check it out at Spied - New Maruti Suzuki Swift undisguised on Indian soil | Indian Autos blog
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-newswiftindia.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 09:21   #623
BHPian

Yesterday near the Maruti Gurgaon plant, I spotted a "new" colored swift coming out of the plant gate.
This car had a DDIS badge on the side and had beige interiors like the swift glam.

Whats cooking Maruti?

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-31052011454.jpg

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-31052011455.jpg

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-31052011456.jpg
Old 1st June 2011, 09:27   #624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Yesterday near the Maruti Gurgaon plant, I spotted a "new" colored swift coming out of the plant gate.
This car had a DDIS badge on the side and had beige interiors like the swift glam.
Whats cooking Maruti?
I've got a feeling that they will retain the current Swift with upgraded interiors. Just a speculation.

Maruti Suzuki IL seem to be production ready with the interiors of the new Swift they already shoehorned them into a new Van they'd be launching soon. More details in - this thread

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st June 2011 at 09:28.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:00   #625
BANNED

Maruti (Suzuki) has mastered the art of confusing people. I think it means adding one more to their plethora of models. Wonder if they will continue with the existing Swift along side the new one. And if they do so not many would be surprised. Let's celebrate the choices.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:54   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I've got a feeling that they will retain the current Swift with upgraded interiors. Just a speculation.
I really wonder what the price differential be between the old gen swift and new gen swift then.

Anyways, choices are always good!
Old 1st June 2011, 13:12   #627
BHPian

From what I know the price differential woudl be abt 10-15k and the new swift would be launched sometime in August.
Also current bookings are generally not taken for the new model and bookings for the new model will be taken only when the vehicle is launched.

Hoping we get the VVT engine as in Europe.

peace,
~kg
Old 1st June 2011, 13:16   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
From what I know the price differential woudl be abt 10-15k and the new swift would be launched sometime in August.
Also current bookings are generally not taken for the new model and bookings for the new model will be taken only when the vehicle is launched.

Hoping we get the VVT engine as in Europe.

peace,
~kg
I hope so too!

But really, why would someone buy the older model when the newer one is just 10-15k more!

I am guessing it has to be between 50k to a Lakh. Otherwise, it doesnt really make sense - upgraded interiors or not!
Old 1st June 2011, 13:17   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post

Whats cooking Maruti?
The number plate looks so fake - Looks like superimposed image or stickers (if that was how the plate read). Check the last picture, the plate reads HR26B and the next letter is badly super imposed again with HR26 (one can make out the starting of the next letter after B, some thing like the outer curve of an O or G).

Not sure if this is the new swift, at-least the tail lamp cluster from picture in "bsmotoring.com" and "motoroids.com" don't match the one in the 3rd picture above. The above picture looks more like the current model.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp fake_plates.bmp (55.1 KB, 2822 views)

Last edited by SR-71 : 1st June 2011 at 13:25.
Old 1st June 2011, 13:20   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
The number plate looks so fake - Looks like superimposed image or stickers (if that was how the plate read). Check the last picture, the plate reads HR26B and the next letter is badly super imposed again with HR26 (one can make out the starting of the next letter after B, some thing like the outer curve of an O or G)
That's OK, instead of making it full white, revved_up has copied+pasted left part of the number plate to right to hide the number.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks