Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 13:29   #631
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
That's OK, instead of making it full white, revved_up has copied+pasted left part of the number plate to right to hide the number.
How can test mules be registered with regular number series. Also why do we want to hide the number series for test mules ! I thought we are talking about a model yet to be launched.
Old 1st June 2011, 13:31   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Yesterday near the Maruti Gurgaon plant, I spotted a "new" colored swift coming out of the plant gate.
This car had a DDIS badge on the side and had beige interiors like the swift glam.
Guessing it could be a limited edition to sell off the current models before the launch of the new gen.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd June 2011 at 19:17. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:18   #633
Senior - BHPian

The new Swift hits the showrooms of big cities reports Motoroids! Here is the article http://motoroids.com/news/spy-pics-n...alerships.html
Old 1st June 2011, 15:33   #634
BHPian

One more site CarBlogIndia confirms the same i.e. New Swift has been spotted at a dealership!!!

If this site is to be believed, then the Swift Launch is expected in July or August 2011.

Here are the details: Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011 Seen At Maruti Dealership- Launch Expected In July or Aug 2011

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 1st June 2011 at 15:34.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:47   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
One more site CarBlogIndia confirms the same i.e. New Swift has been spotted at a dealership!!!

If this site is to be believed, then the Swift Launch is expected in July or August 2011.

Here are the details: Maruti Suzuki Swift 2011 Seen At Maruti Dealership- Launch Expected In July or Aug 2011

Cheers!
Irish
If the car is already in dealership’s the why will Maruti wait for July /August it should be come out latest by end of this month, along with LIVA.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:02   #636
Senior - BHPian

This isnt the new swift for sure - The location of rear number plate is a give away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post

Not sure if this is the new swift, at-least the tail lamp cluster from picture in "bsmotoring.com" and "motoroids.com" don't match the one in the 3rd picture above. The above picture looks more like the current model.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:14   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The new Swift hits the showrooms of big cities reports Motoroids! Here is the article
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Cheers!
Irish
Is all this news true? Does anyone from the metros have any info regarding the same? Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:39   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Is all this news true? Does anyone from the metros have any info regarding the same? Thanks.
I spoke to a MS insider, while he agrees that new Swift has been to come out for a long time, he believes its more like a Diwali to last quarter launch that MS is looking at.

Would anyone double check that please ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:25   #639
Senior - BHPian

, but Motorbeam has posted a thread on 2012 Swift Dzire rendering. Here is the link to the same:

2012 Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire Rendered

IMO, the car has become uglier as compared to the 2011 Swift which looks a lot sharper & better.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:03   #640
Senior - BHPian

It has become uglier no doubt - But i like the rear side. It looks much better and sporty compared to the current one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
, but Motorbeam has posted a thread on 2012 Swift Dzire rendering. Here is the link to the same:

IMO, the car has become uglier as compared to the 2011 Swift which looks a lot sharper & better.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:04   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I spoke to a MS insider, while he agrees that new Swift has been to come out for a long time, he believes its more like a Diwali to last quarter launch that MS is looking at.

Would anyone double check that please ?
I believe they might be launching it in July at least since LIVA is launching on June 27. I read reports on a similar launch date in the very same thread. But I guess new Dzire will come later - may be by Diwali or even by Jan / Feb 2012.
Quote:
Suddenly I have started admiring the current Dzire after seeing the rendering. Who said its ugly??
But we will have to wait and see whether the new Dzire will actually be this bad.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:31   #642
BHPian

Quote:

It may not be as good looking as the new swift but it definitely looks better than the current Dzire. This coupled with the lower price will make the dzire a huge success IMHO
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:02   #643
BANNED

Cool. But the rear passenger door is the old swift. Look at the window.
Old 4th June 2011, 00:08   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
This coupled with the lower price will make the dzire a huge success IMHO
I'm fed up with reading the same lines that,'New Dzire should feature lower price tag as compared to the current one'.
How this can be possible, as the price difference between current Swift & Dzire is 1 lakh rupees.
As the new Swift will feature l'll bit higher price tag(by 20-30k) & similarly Dzire price will be upped by same margin.
Since the new Dzire will be under 4metres of length, so 10-12% of its factory price can be reduced out of it leading to almost same price as it is now.
So don't expect new Dzire to feature lesser price tag than that of current Dzire, even thank to MSIL if they retain its same price tag. And also they're not having the habit of reducing the price of their cars(pardon Alto 800), remember guys they haven't reduced the price of Swift also after the introduction of 1.2 K-series engine in it.

Instead IMO they might add this new punch line for New Dzire,'New Swift Dzire -Big on Space, Big on Comfort, Big on features but Compact in size and at same Price.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:45   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
It may not be as good looking as the new swift but it definitely looks better than the current Dzire. This coupled with the lower price will make the dzire a huge success IMHO
nurni76, hold on your horses mate. This may not be the sub 4 metre Dzire, & even the pictures do not suggest that it is under 4 metres in length. Please refer ACI's article on the above:
New Dzire to get shorter, cheaper | Autocar India

So price reduction may not be possible for the new Dzire.
But, I have no doubts that it will sell well when launched, like the current model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks