Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 12:52   #121
BHPian

interior resembles the Kizashi. I am sincerely hoping that it will not rattle like the current one.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:11   #122
BHPian

This New swift is looking hot in looks . Please maruti get us the bigger diesel engine this time so more fun to drive :P . I will buy this one next year . This car gonna rock .
Old 20th August 2010, 13:25   #123
BHPian

If it comes exactly with same interiors as seen here...my next car. I hope they dont give different intiriors to Indian edition as done by all car manufacturers.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:55   #124
BHPian

Hope the same interior design and quality will be available in the Indian version through
All the bells and whistles will make it the best hatchback again.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:11   #125
BHPian

I have my doubts of the Indian version having the same kind of finish or the looks. The big giants never thinks India deserve such perfection. Even a fellow Indian thinks that way, leave alone others. DEMAND is the word we lack.
The new swift looks good, the interiors definitely has improved ( mind us we are comparing with a foreign version ) We can just hope.
Anyways are'n you people tired of the swift. Its like been there, done that a thousand times. We need a change on the roads. Not the same predominant red colored petrol swifts or the white colored diesel swifts.
A great car to remodel, and any day better looking than other hatchback + segment.

We just got to wait to see.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:30   #126
BHPian

Even I'll stop myself from getting optimistic. Interior design is the last thing in any auto major's mind in India. Many 'new' models come up with the same bland interiors although the front and rear profiles are the first ones to get the tweaks.
However IMO the Swift 'deserves' a quality interior like the ones we see to match up with its overall character.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:12   #127
BHPian

Indian Swift 2011 dosent seems to be coming with 92 PS(improved KB series) engine. Indian Swift will have the same engine which does the duty now. Its impossible that Cruze control in Golbal Swift 2011 will come to india so does the same interior with same Quality.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 20th August 2010 at 16:15.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:48   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Hope the same interior design and quality will be available in the Indian version through
All the bells and whistles will make it the best hatchback again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I have my doubts of the Indian version having the same kind of finish or the looks. The big giants never thinks India deserve such perfection. Even a fellow Indian thinks that way, leave alone others. DEMAND is the word we lack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Even I'll stop myself from getting optimistic. Interior design is the last thing in any auto major's mind in India. Many 'new' models come up with the same bland interiors although the front and rear profiles are the first ones to get the tweaks.
However IMO the Swift 'deserves' a quality interior like the ones we see to match up with its overall character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Indian Swift 2011 dosent seems to be coming with 92 PS(improved KB series) engine. Indian Swift will have the same engine which does the duty now. Its impossible that Cruze control in Golbal Swift 2011 will come to india so does the same interior with same Quality.
All these bells and whistles do come at a price, mind you! And that's something the average Indian would be finicky about. One must understand that with all these features won't make it to India, not because of the company's 'stingy' outlook towards the Indian market, but because we ourselves expect an inexpensive car. And Maruti cannot afford to sell this Swift in its best trim for 5-7 lakhs.

Maruti and several other companies, obviously, study the market thoroughly before introducing a car. A car like the Swift in its best trim will not sell at 8-9 lakhs because it is a hatch! People will not want to spend that sort of money on a car without a boot. And Maruti, as we all know, will be looking at volumes rather than anything else.

So don't expect the new Swift to come with features like cruise control when we ourselves are stingy.

Remember, we make the market what it is!
Old 20th August 2010, 21:58   #129
BHPian

At present, I am thinking about a Vento Diesel. However, the 2011 Swift quite tempting! I would love to trade my 5 year old swift to own a new one! But, the Swifts' characterstic rally based stiff suspension is making me rethink.

Great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusha View Post
Well I am a huge fan of Suzuki Swift ever since it was launched. (But didn't buy one for THE ONLY REASON: Rear Seat Space & Comfort) I hope that ONE reason will get diluted / resolved with this New Swift 2011.

I have been following this thread and Googling around for new updates & pics on Swift 2011.

Here are 2 links with lot of detailed pics of New Swift 2011.

Picasa Web Albums - Peter Van Gysel - Suzuki Swift ...

and Slide show at

Suzuki Swift

It has got a superb Dashboard, way better than i20, Punto, Polo, Fabia, Figo, Vista, Beat........and what else......ah Jazz too......well that is just my opinion. Wish they offer Black & Beige combination, it will give a Classy look, nevertheless even this all Grey & Back combo isn't bad either. Gives that SPORTY FEEL.

I feel the one feature which is a necessity and is available with only one Hatchback in the market ie., Hyundai i20 is the Auto Retractable ORVMs and it looks like this feature is given a miss in the new Swift 2011. Surprising it has got a Push-Button Start as an Option (only in Nissan MICRA) and not Auto Folding/Retractable ORVMs keeping in view this is the European Version, God knows what else will go missing on Indian Version.

I am eagerly waiting for this new Swift 2011 to be launched here, looks great & should feel the same, keeping the legacy of its predecessor.

Few more Swift 2011 pics here. Enjoy!
Old 21st August 2010, 04:19   #130

Pics below should answer the question whether Maruti will bring in the same Design & Quality (Dashboard) from Suzuki to the Indian version of New Swift 2011.

Suzuki have a track record at least what I can infer from the Pics, that they will definitely keep the Design & Quality factor same to the Indian version, though some key features may go missing, like the Push-Button Start / Cruise Control etc. (which will only increase the Price, just-in-case included)

I am expecting the same ICE as shown in the Swift 2011 with Bluetooth Connectivity to be available as it is the catching-up feature in the Hatchback Segment. (Punto, Vista, Figo etc) But I seriously want to know from the users, How often does this Bluetooth Feature used in daily commuting, especially in City?

Please give your valuable comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-lhd-rhd.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-ritz-lhd-rhd.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-astar-lhd-rhd.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 10:22   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusha View Post
Pics below should answer the question whether Maruti will bring in the same Design & Quality (Dashboard) from Suzuki to the Indian version of New Swift 2011.

Suzuki have a track record at least what I can infer from the Pics, that they will definitely keep the Design & Quality factor same to the Indian version, though some key features may go missing, like the Push-Button Start / Cruise Control etc. (which will only increase the Price, just-in-case included)
They may have copied the design, but not the quality. I haven't seen the European Swift, Splash or Alto but that what I get to hear.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:17   #132
Senior - BHPian

You guys should check out the Made-in-Japan Vitara that's sold in India.
Even that CBU has flimsy build quality.
These made in Japan suzukis aren't exactly german-like in build.
So, It's Suzuki mostly. And Maruti partially to blame for it.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:19   #133
BHPian

I had seen the current Swift abroad a few times before it was launched in India.

During the launch day I distinctly remember that I was taken aback with the quality difference in plastics. Although the base design was carried over there was a noticeable drop in finish and quality. But as nitrous said, even the JDM model quality are not really in the German league. In international domain it is decent at best and flimsy at worst.

In fact I also know that Maruti has separate suppliers for domestic and export variants!

Last edited by Trapezio : 21st August 2010 at 12:21.
Old 21st August 2010, 14:08   #134
BHPian

Suzuki has started giving discounts on the current Swift in the UK, which indicates the launch of the new one is around the corner.

Do we have any tentative dates yet on when this will be launched in India? If Maruti manages to keep the price at the current levels, the other hatches - Figo, i20, Polo, Micra etc have a lot to be worried about - after all, none of them can match Maruti's brand value/recall in India
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:52   #135
Senior - BHPian

@ abusha Nice detailed pics.But you must remember when the sift was first laumched it did not have the intergrated stereo,ACC,steering mounted controls.This was added much later when the competition moved ahead in terms of features.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks