Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 14:55   #136
BHPian

Quality is where Maruti is lagging for years... Poor body built, rattling issues are haunting today's Swift owners.. Given that now we have quality players like Ford, GM, VV into hatchback market, it would be really interesting to test Swift's success.

When Swift was initially launched, i believe - there was not much competition expect from Indica and Palio. Thats not the case today..
Old 24th August 2010, 15:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

The Swift still commends a waiting period. And I'm not just talking about the diesel version.
The earliest one could get a petrol in bangalore is end october/early november, apparently.
Despite competition.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:06   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

So don't expect the new Swift to come with features like cruise control when we ourselves are stingy.

Remember, we make the market what it is!
But Suhaas.. If they give the features atleast as a option for a price of 7 to 8.5 lacs people are ready to take that "I am very greedy ".

Just joking.. you are absolutely correct.. I have seen people not even going for ABS by telling that ABS does not suit indian roads. The actual fact is models without ABS is lesser priced than models with ABS. Infact i am finding more VXI than ZXI in swifts. And Maruthi dont have a full featured models in the diesel stable. Hope the same is not with the Swift 2011. I am happy if they launch a ZDI varient
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:33   #139

Wow new updates on Swift 2011

Rumour mills are working full-time!

Threads started rolling speculating the Launch of "New Maruti Suzuki Swift" in next 2-3 months or by Diwali!

Yet nothing Official from the Horse's Mouth.

Until then Enjoy the Video & some more Beautiful pics of the Curvier, Meatier & Sexier SWIFT 2011.
(Especially compared to the current generation one)

Blue Swift's Headlights seems to be somewhat different; XENON Lights?? No Idea!!

I just love the Interiors! the Stance!

IF I buy one, it would be "PEARL WHITE" Only. But I hope they launch the car in White Color, unlike the current generation Swift, White was introduced much later. Personally, I find White is the most popular, before White came-in, it was BLOOD RED, Of course!

This one is gonna Rock!
Unless Maruti-Suzuki messes-up with the Pricing & VFM Offering!
I hope not.

1.4 Ltr DDSi, 90 BHP, ACC, Auto Transmission for Rs.7.00 - 7.50 Lacs OTR
Asking for toooo much! I am greedy toooo!

What your take guys?

Here is the video:

Sources:
??? ????
Autos usados, Autos nuevos, Precios, Compra y Venta de Autos - Autocosmos.com
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a67.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a68.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a65.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a66.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a64.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a69.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a70.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a71.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a72.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a73.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a74.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a75.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-suzuki-swift-2011-a76.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2010, 03:55   #140

Guys the Youtube Video link given in my last post is not complete/full length.

All the SWIFT Admirers & Critiques just watch the whole video (Full Screen)

Here is the Video Link.
??? ???? :: ???????

I bet you would love the video at least, if not the Subject.

NOTE: The Flash Video took hell of long time to load & start, keep patience!
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:05   #141

A new Video on Youtube!

Old 6th September 2010, 23:56   #142
BHPian

FiveFWD - Suzuki Swift review and road test from Fifth Gear

A good road test of the new Swift. Its faster to 100 kmph ; atleast faster than the current Swift in India. An even smaller boot, how did they manage that!!
Old 7th September 2010, 00:20   #143
BHPian

New Swift will have openday showroom from 9th of September here in Belgium and I'll try to have a look at it.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:00   #144
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, wish I could have waited a few months more, but just took delivery of a VDi yesterday. Car looks good, ride quality could do with some improvement, can actually feel each lil bump, and do wish they offer a ZDi in the new version. Its just not done that one cant have airbags, defogger, etc... even if one is willing to pay more.
Old 7th September 2010, 03:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how much will it cost, especially the ZXi.

When the Swift was launched, the ZXi was priced less than 6L in Bangalore, around 5.9 if I'm not mistaken. Today the prices have silently climbed to ~6.5L on road, Bangalore. I'm pretty sure most people won't pay 7L for a maruti hatchback. If Maruti prices the Swift alongside the Punto, i20, etc, it won't sell for sure. Going by that logic, it will be really interesting to see how Maruti will price the Swift. As usual, they will price the stripped down LXi much cheaper and ZXi much costlier.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:51   #146
BHPian

I just read online that they have a 3 door option as well.

Suzuki Swift | 2011 Model | Revealed | Burn Your Fuel | Indian Automobile News | Motorcycle News India | Cars News India

Mods : Please delete this post if this is an old news.

Last edited by chethan.ram : 9th September 2010 at 21:54.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:10   #147
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the recent sales figures of the swift(11k) i dont think maruti will be in any hurry to replace the current swift.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Looking at the recent sales figures of the swift(11k) i dont think maruti will be in any hurry to replace the current swift.
No buddy, that doesn't seem to be the Maruti strategy nowadays. Maruti would do best to retain its spot rather than losing to some other car and then fighting to gain it back. See the WagonR for example. And Maruti would like to snatch some sales away from the i20 too. Thats one reason I'm guessing that we might get a loaded and well priced ZXi this time. Not that the current one is not loaded, but overall in terms of quality, I'm guessing Maruti would like to come close to that of an i20. I guess Maruti is clever enough to notice how much the game has moved on since 2005. I hope an AT is also on the cards to compete with the i20 AT. Maruti, are you listening?
Old 10th September 2010, 10:41   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusha View Post

Blue Swift's Headlights seems to be somewhat different; XENON Lights?? No Idea!!
Yep. Projector headlamps, Integrated blinkers in ORVM, etc. I wouldn't mind if this version of the Swift is priced alongside the i20.
Old 10th September 2010, 23:38   #150
BHPian

some photos

The photos shown here are from Suzuki Belgium official website.

The boot is only 211 litre, which is just 9 litre more than the Splash aka Ritz.

And this is only available in the high-end auto gear version.

Nice theme!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks