Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:27   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Now the question arises.
with the current swift doing 12k+ numbers a month.
How is Maruthi going to introduce the new variant and keep all its customers happy.
Ththe 12 K figure may come down with the release of Toyota Etios and Etios Hatchback. So Maruti will launch this some where by March 2011 to keep up the 12 K+ figures. The Swift is facing stiff competition with Hyundai I20 and VW Polo. So i think there will a increase in price from current Swift with more features.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:36   #227
BHPian

It would be very good if India gets this stiff body Swift. I have seen many Swifts that had met with accidents in which with minor impact, the body was damaged heavily. If Maruti also thinks about bringing a best product to India, they should bring this new Swift with right upmarket feel. This new Swift is awesome.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 2nd December 2010 at 13:39.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:28   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Ththe 12 K figure may come down with the release of Toyota Etios and Etios Hatchback.
The 12k figures have been consistent inspite of many launches in the segment in the recent past.
I doubt the Etios would be able to dent those figures, not without a diesel.

Question remains, will they continue to sell the current Dzire with the next-gen Swift ?

I have observed the Gen2 Swift from up close in person for quite some time recently, trust me, even if it is bigger, it certainly does not seem to be so on the inside. But boy did I love it!!
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:21   #229
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
as for the interiors i said i stopped the driver and saw it with my own two eyes it was excellent,same as the pics we have seen ,it was my hard luck that i didnt get chance to click inside

Smokin, that was one helluva spotting my dear friend. You kinda, rekindled the enthusiasm in to this thread. I am so very interested in the Swift 2, and your assertion that the Euro spec dash board has been retained (hope it stays so ), was pleasing to say the least.

Now, could you please scratch your head and let me know, if you had found the "Engine start/ stop" button in the dash??

Drive safe!!
Abhishek
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:31   #230
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd December 2010 at 18:32.
devil_klm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:03   #231
BHPian

Any News on Next gen Desire?

Should be arrive in late 2012.but come with new body shell or just a Swift with a boot....Any news?
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:22   #232
BHPian

driven

Some interesting news:

Drove a high variant Swift. Interiors are exactly the same as in the pics. Excellent plastic quality and seat comfort. Its hard to believe. I think Suzuki has come up with an absolute winner in response to the competition.

Other notes:

Intelligent key is a direct lift of the Micra - the Nissan symbol has been chiselled out and Suzuki symbol stuck in its place

Paddle shifters

Brilliant paint quality - far superior to any Suzuki product ever
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:37   #233
BANNED

You mean you dove the next gen swift?! Can you share some details of how you got to drive the All New Swift?

Any pics? Did you drive petrol or diesel?
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:38   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Some interesting news:

Drove a high variant Swift. Interiors are exactly the same as in the pics. Excellent plastic quality and seat comfort. Its hard to believe. I think Suzuki has come up with an absolute winner in response to the competition.

Other notes:

Intelligent key is a direct lift of the Micra - the Nissan symbol has been chiselled out and Suzuki symbol stuck in its place

Paddle shifters

You drove the new Swift??? When.. where and how??. Paddle shifters. cannot believe. I dont think Paddle shifters will be coming to India. I will pull some crowds from Polo which for me is the best looking in the segment.
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:52   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Did you drive petrol or diesel?
Petrol version only over here. But im sure Diesel wont be ignored for India. Maruti know the market too well
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:57   #236
BANNED

Are you sure you drove the "Made in India" Swift? Or was it some export version.
You said Paddle Shifter, super interiors, Intelligent key... Hence the doubt.
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:59   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Are you sure you drove the "Made in India" Swift? Or was it some export version.
You said Paddle Shifter, super interiors, Intelligent key... Hence the doubt.
I dont know about Made in India but definitely not Made for India. Sorry for not providing details
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:58   #238
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some interesting news:

Other notes:

Paddle shifters

Give us more the details of your test drive. You have driven something which everyone is trying to have a glimpse off.

Where, when, how and for how long was the test ride? Was it a modded one or the new one for MSIL?

If it is not made for India, then was it a LHD?
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:43   #239
Team-BHP Support

It was rumored sometimes back that the nex gen Swift shall be coming in a HPS format, can this be true and if, then shall it be somewhere close to Fiat and Ford's of our world?

Thanks for the scoop pictures mate
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:47   #240
e46
BHPian

Query

Quote:
Some interesting news:

Lucky brat you are... . Now, the query i had asked before, did you find the "Engine Start/ Stop" button in the test car? If not could you shed some light, whether we would be getting that option in the higher spec trim?

Thanks in advance.
Drive safe!!
Abhishek
Closed Thread

Most Viewed