Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2011, 11:41   #376
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Sideways it looks like a Fabia indeed, specially with the protruding boot and rear lights.
That's because the camera has been held too close to the car while taking the pics. Optical illusion.
If you check the pics posted in the earlier pages by Sid the car looks proportionate.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:47   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
That's because the camera has been held too close to the car while taking the pics. Optical illusion.
If you check the pics posted in the earlier pages by Sid the car looks proportionate.
The car is indeed proportionate. And its not these pics specifically because when I saw the pics for the 2011 swift 2-3 months back it reminded me of Fabia at the first sight.

What I meant was that the new model of swift has more resemblance to Fabia than the old one, which I don't think would remind anybody of Fabia, but this one does from certain angles.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:21   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the latest reports, the new Swift might take some more time to hit the streets. As a result of this, the current gen Swift's booking is sky rocketing. Here are some of the waiting periods as mentioned by various dealers.

Swift Dzire (Ldi, Vdi, Zdi) - 6 months
Swift Ldi, Vdi - 4-6 months
Swift Vdi (ABS) - 17 months
Old 28th March 2011, 15:40   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
How is this possible?! If the new swift is to hit the streets mid-year or even up to year-end this kind of waiting period doesn't make sense. By the time one gets a current generation Vdi w/ ABS with this kind of waiting period even the new swift could be at least a year or 9-10 months old.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:54   #380
BHPian

After they plonked the 1.2 engine, they never passed the excise rebate to us and now they will price it higher! Wow. I don't think that will happen. They will at least maintain existing pricing. Toyota Etios Liva will have them on their toes as far pricing goes.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ Thanks deetjohn. Seems like we are close to its launch. I dont know how much is the imported content in the current SWIFT, but looking at new rates and other car makers hiking the prices, I get a feeling it would be priced well above the current one's.

Last edited by pradkumar : 28th March 2011 at 15:57.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:02   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is this possible?! If the new swift is to hit the streets mid-year or even up to year-end this kind of waiting period doesn't make sense. By the time one gets a current generation Vdi w/ ABS with this kind of waiting period even the new swift could be at least a year or 9-10 months old.
True. But this was mentioned by the dealers. I had asked the same question. This particular dealer had 3 tables exclusively for booking the current gen swift and there were people flowing in to book the Swift. No idea what made this sudden rush of customers.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:09   #382
Senior - BHPian

The swift is coming first week of may, Booking are being taken for the same, price not yet released.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:57   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
After they plonked the 1.2 engine, they never passed the excise rebate to us and now they will price it higher! Wow. I don't think that will happen. They will at least maintain existing pricing. Toyota Etios Liva will have them on their toes as far pricing goes.

Pradeep
Rightly said. Maruti has had enough of a dream run in this country. What they need now is some fierce competition - better still if from Japanese rivals - to bring back their senses. They might, just might; think of offering better products @ better prices.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:08   #384
BHPian

Quote:
As per the latest reports, the new Swift might take some more time to hit the streets. As a result of this, the current gen Swift's booking is sky rocketing. Here are some of the waiting periods as mentioned by various dealers.

Totally rubbish info given just make a hype by the dealer.
Here in bangalore you can get any of the above models in 45 days flat. 2 of my friends have booked Dzire and will be taking delivery this week after waiting for 45 days.
Old 29th March 2011, 02:13   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If this info is correct, then its a recipe for disaster! Indian market scene is not exactly the same like couple of years back where people didnt have any good diesel choices except Swift. Maruti just cant afford to show attitude again. If they need good sales, they better equip themselves for lesser waiting periods. Am just waiting for the LIVA launch !
Old 29th March 2011, 09:15   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Totally rubbish info given just make a hype by the dealer.
Here in bangalore you can get any of the above models in 45 days flat. 2 of my friends have booked Dzire and will be taking delivery this week after waiting for 45 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If this info is correct, then its a recipe for disaster! Indian market scene is not exactly the same like couple of years back where people didnt have any good diesel choices except Swift. Maruti just cant afford to show attitude again. If they need good sales, they better equip themselves for lesser waiting periods. Am just waiting for the LIVA launch !
I swear. My friend had booked Swift Dzire and it's been almost three months now. Might be due to the immense bookings here in Kerala and they are not able to meet the demand. Even I feel that it's due to the number of bookings. Swift is very common here and it feels like the 800 era when 800 ruled the streets at one point of time. But I think this will gradually decrease when the new gen Swift is launched. The dealers need to think twice before putting out this waiting period. I was shocked to see this. Three tables exclusively for Swift bookings and the queue was worse than the once seen in passport office .

Yes, LIVA's and Honda's launch will be critical.
Old 29th March 2011, 09:35   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...the new Swift might take some more time to hit the streets.
Quote:
...the new swift is to hit the streets mid-year or even up to year-end...
Confidential sources tell me the Gen2 Swift is expected to be launched in September-October 2011, deliveries beginning just before Diwali.
Old 29th March 2011, 09:54   #388
BHPian

^^ OK, too many confidential and solid sources for Gen2 SWIFT now
Dont know if someone should wait for it OR just go with the existing one.

Btw, Is the engine being changed [downgraded] to 1.1 OR will it continue to be the same/current 1.2. Also, is the existing 1.2 KSeries ?

Prem.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:22   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Btw, Is the engine being changed [downgraded] to 1.1 OR will it continue to be the same/current 1.2. Also, is the existing 1.2 KSeries ?
The 1.2 K series is still one of the best engines in the market. Why would they consider downgrading it? Moreover, the 1.2 is shared with Ritz and DZire as well, and qualifies for the lower tax bracket as well!
Old 29th March 2011, 10:35   #390
BHPian

^^

yes but 1.2 with VVT which produces 92 PS will be great as Maruti Swift will face a stiff competition against Polo 1.6 and upcoming Figo 100 BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks