Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 11:33   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Hi,

I am contemplating on booking the Gen 2 Swift. Today I will make the booking for the old Swift and will carry forward the booking to new swift, when it launches.

OT. Somehow I find it hard to believe that I am unable to find good cars in the 6.5 L( assuming the swift to be priced at 6.5) on road range.

Lets see...
Old 29th March 2011, 11:55   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes but 1.2 with VVT which produces 92 PS will be great as Maruti Swift will face a stiff competition against Polo 1.6 and upcoming Figo 100 BHP.
Yes. That will be one of the key decisions (one that has been implemented by now). I think they need to carry the 'hot hatch' image further. It will also give them an opportunity to position it away from Ritz. And price it slightly higher too. I wish they come up with the VVT version.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:55   #393
Max
BHPian

any news about if new swift vdi diesel will be available with ABS + AIRBAGS ?. I always wanted to buy swift but only thing which kept me away is ABS + AIRBAGS in diesel version.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:54   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ OK, too many confidential and solid sources for Gen2 SWIFT now
Dont know if someone should wait for it OR just go with the existing one.

Btw, Is the engine being changed [downgraded] to 1.1 OR will it continue to be the same/current 1.2. Also, is the existing 1.2 KSeries ?

Prem.
When did they have a 1.1L engine in Swift? As far as I remember it was available mostly in Wagon R and in Alto for a very limited time. Initially Swift was having the 1.3 engine from Esteem and later got replaced by 1.2 K-Series engine on grounds of BS 4 compliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
^^

yes but 1.2 with VVT which produces 92 PS will be great as Maruti Swift will face a stiff competition against Polo 1.6 and upcoming Figo 100 BHP.
I am not really sure of the VVT coming in the Indian spec swift - I know that this is offered abroad. If they bring it, its gonna rock - but will have to wait and watch. Whats the K Series output? 82 PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
any news about if new swift vdi diesel will be available with ABS + AIRBAGS ?. I always wanted to buy swift but only thing which kept me away is ABS + AIRBAGS in diesel version.
With the way they launched SX4 D with a ZDi, I guess there are chances that they will launch a ZDi for Swift as well.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:53   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Whats the K Series output? 82 PS?
It's 85PS. Almost as much as the G13B.
Old 31st March 2011, 17:21   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Confidential sources tell me the Gen2 Swift is expected to be launched in September-October 2011, deliveries beginning just before Diwali.
I too heard the same today. Its going to be sometime in August/September.

-Ravi
Old 31st March 2011, 17:25   #397
Senior - BHPian

Any news if new Swift D comes with an auto-transmission? Not a single diesel hatchback with an AT box, and people say we are spoilt by choices?
Old 31st March 2011, 18:35   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I too heard the same today. Its going to be sometime in August/September.

-Ravi
Oh that's bad man ..was waiting eagerly for this launch.

Looks like all the new hatch releases are postponed eg. Liva, Brio and now the New Swift ...
Old 31st March 2011, 22:41   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Oh that's bad man ..was waiting eagerly for this launch.

Looks like all the new hatch releases are postponed eg. Liva, Brio and now the New Swift ...
Yea, the most likely reason is to time the launch with the competitors.

-Ravi
Old 31st March 2011, 23:31   #400
BHPian

I had been asking the people whom I know of in Maruti as to when the new swift would be launched. All the time I got the same answer that it would be some time around October/November this year! I was waiting for it but now changed my choice
Old 4th April 2011, 22:23   #401
BHPian

Maruti Dealers start Advance Bookings of NEW SWIFT - 2011 !!

Few Maruti dealers have started the bookings of New Swift (2011) model.

Tried to confirm the same from a couple of the dealers in Delhi but couldn't get a positive response.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki is yet to officially announce the launch of new model of Maruti Swift 2011 in India but the Maruti Suzuki Dealers have already started taking token money for advance booking of Maruti Swift new model 2011. As per the inside information, the Swift 2011 will go in production somewhere around June 2011 in India. So Maruti may launch Swift 2011 New Model Officially In May or June 2011. There are no official announcements about the price or details, but the details of the European version of new Swift 2011 is available for months.

Some of the dealers in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gurgaon have started accepting token money of about Rs. 50,000 which is a refundable deposit. Also as per the sources, the new Swift will be priced at about Rs.30,000 to 40,000 more than old model Swift. The new swift will also be powered by the same 1.2 Litre K-Series engine from Suzuki which is present in the old model of the Swift. The major uplifts will be larger dimensions, new interiors, new headlamps, new tail amps, improved quality of suspensions and interior quality, better ride and handling etc..
Source: Book Maruti Swift 2011 In Advance At Maruti Dealers

Can anybody confirm if this is actually going on?

The on-road price (as on date) of a Swift VDi with ABS is 5.99 Lacs in Delhi. As per this article, the new model will cost around 6.35 Lacs. Will it be a value for money then? As there are other options available in that bracket.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 4th April 2011 at 22:30. Reason: added query
Old 4th April 2011, 22:35   #402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Dealers start Advance Bookings of NEW SWIFT - 2011 !!

I enquired last saturday and asked exactly the same question with a dealer in bangalore. They said, they can only take bookings for current Swift, but can change/transfer the booking to New Swift once it is launched. This is always true irrespective of swift 2011.

So for now, there are no official bookings for Swift 2011.

-Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Few Maruti dealers have started the bookings of New Swift (2011) model.

Tried to confirm the same from a couple of the dealers in Delhi but couldn't get a positive response.

Source: Book Maruti Swift 2011 In Advance At Maruti Dealers

Can anybody confirm if this is actually going on?

The on-road price (as on date) of a Swift VDi with ABS is 5.99 Lacs in Delhi. As per this article, the new model will cost around 6.35 Lacs. Will it be a value for money then? As there are other options available in that bracket.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 5th April 2011, 08:57   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope the dealers are not raising some quick short-term funds of their own by booking the new Swift and taking the deposit without MSL's say-so.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:08   #404
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if mine was an advance booking. Nevertheless, I have made a booking against the existing Swift on April 1, which would later on be transferred to Gen2 Swift.
The dealer has promised me delivery in the first lot, if and when it launches. I need the car during July, else I will get my refund and buy myself an i20.

Unfortunately, the dealer is not aware of when the launch would be. Any idea anyone?

Last edited by beejay : 5th April 2011 at 09:14.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:00   #405
Senior - BHPian

beejay, how much is the booking amount and what is the penalty in case of cancellation in your city?I'm planning to book and do the same next week what you did. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I am not sure if mine was an advance booking. Nevertheless, I have made a booking against the existing Swift on April 1, which would later on be transferred to Gen2 Swift.
The dealer has promised me delivery in the first lot, if and when it launches. I need the car during July, else I will get my refund and buy myself an i20.

Unfortunately, the dealer is not aware of when the launch would be. Any idea anyone?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks