Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 02:45   #511
rmk
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

I don't know whether its the magic of the colour or the camera perspective, but the dzire in that scoop pic looks good. I love the dzire's looks, love the big boot. (remember reading the post of some bro who named his dzire Iravat. same mighty feeling is what i get when i see the rear... )..

And why is the interiors in beige??? Even the new swift scoop pics and international model has only black interiors.

And please don't say that the Indian version will come in beige. I might cancel my i20 booking and restart the once painfully ended waiting for the new one.
Old 27th April 2011, 04:05   #512
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next gen Swift Dzire is <4 meter length

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
they don't understand brand cannibalisation.
No one understands brand cannibalisation more then Maruti Suzuki. They almost have 10 models within the 3L - 6L market!

Maruti would be happy as long as the customer stays within the Maruti Suzuki stable, and there is a total sales increase for Maruti Suzuki!
Old 27th April 2011, 06:24   #513
BHPian

To me it looks better than the current version, and with a smaller boot it looks more proportionate.
Old 27th April 2011, 08:47   #514
BHPian

It appears like another black sheep will make it with flying colours

It still looks ugly and the maruti brand and pricing will take it through. Would it not make sense if the engineers had tried sort of an estate design thereby giving the hatch more boot space and get rid of that ugly boot integration.

The interiors does look good ( simple and clean like kizashi) on the new swift and wish they can get the quality one or two notches above the existing Swift's quality.

Last edited by muni : 27th April 2011 at 08:48.
Old 27th April 2011, 09:00   #515
Team-BHP Support

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Note from Mod: Guys, I've moved all posts discussing the new Dzire into the Dzire thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-length.html

This thread should pertain to the new Swift.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:58   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No one understands brand cannibalisation more then Maruti Suzuki. They almost have 10 models within the 3L - 6L market!

Maruti would be happy as long as the customer stays within the Maruti Suzuki stable, and there is a total sales increase for Maruti Suzuki!
I agree - they work by saturating all the price points. When I was researching which car to buy, Maruti showroom was a nightmare - you enter with a range of budget but 3 different cars (and multiple variants of each) fit the range ! You almost feel disappointed when you go to a different showroom later and they have one car that is "kind of" in your budget.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:07   #517
BHPian

Although it looks much better than the present Dzire, why not manufacturers look at making it a notchback, giving it a raked roof? Why do we need a flat area behind the rear windshield? The raked windshield will also make it look like a coupe and hence would be more appealing
Old 27th April 2011, 11:16   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Although it looks much better than the present Dzire, why not manufacturers look at making it a notchback, giving it a raked roof? Why do we need a flat area behind the rear windshield? The raked windshield will also make it look like a coupe and hence would be more appealing
Why would they want to invest more money in the die? Also I'm not sure Mahindra had much time to do any major changes anywhere.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:24   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
The designers were given only 15 more cms to paste the boot onto the hatch and yet keep it under 4 metres. So I don't think they could have carried out a complete coupe like rear within that space and thus would make it to seem like a very half-hearted attempt.
Old 27th April 2011, 14:41   #520
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the scoop picture the car seems to have decent looks with that shortened boot. The shortened Dzire seems to have a slightly better bootspace than the existing swift. Overall it seems that customers will have some more options to choice from.
Old 27th April 2011, 15:11   #521
BHPian

Dont know about others, but I somehow feel the new compact dzire looks better and in proportion than the existing one.
Also this car would have tax benefits due to sub -4 meter.
Now "IF" the benefits are forwarded to the customers by Maruti then its going to be cheaper than the current dzire.
But knowing Maruti, they may state that as it is based on the "new swift" so no cuts in prices.
So all in all new car+tax benefits+huge bookings(b'cause its a maruti) = huge profits
Old 27th April 2011, 16:03   #522
BHPian

Works for me - from Swift with a added hatch to a Swift with a added notch. But, does it enhance rear legroom in any way? I seriously doubt. Reports indicate that even the new Swift is no different from the present one in terms of leg room.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:27   #523
BHPian

The new Swift Dzire look much better than the old one. This one look much sportier but I have serious doubts on the boot space. Why buy a sedan if you only have the space of a hatch. Well you will have no doubt whether ro not to install a spoiler for the car, where is the space
Old 27th April 2011, 19:10   #524
BHPian

Now I am wondering if the new Dezire will actually have more boot space than the i20. If it doesn't, then its going to be a shame for Maruti as the Dezire is supposed to be a sedan (maybe compact sedan, but still a sedan)
Old 27th April 2011, 20:41   #525
BHPian

Looks very ugly to me. If not a maruti it wont sell. Really doubt how cramped it would be?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks