Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 11:42   #661
BHPian

Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Heard this from a source.

For Gen2 swift, training is going on in Manesar plant. Launch is planned for August.

Pricing may be slightly higher than the current model and the current model might sell side by side.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:16   #662
BHPian

Hey guys, Got news from Mass in Bangalore, New swift will be out only in Jan 2012 along with New dezire(under 4 meter version). I was shocked to hear the same, they were like its highly unlikely the car will come even by Oct this yr!!
Old 16th June 2011, 20:29   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hey guys, Got news from Mass in Bangalore, New swift will be out only in Jan 2012 along with New dezire(under 4 meter version). I was shocked to hear the same, they were like its highly unlikely the car will come even by Oct this yr!!
No MASS will have proper idea as to when a future launch happens unless they are called for training. I guess new Dzire CS is supposed to launch in Jan, Swift should be coming by Diwali at least.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:35   #664
BHPian

I had gone to Bimal, they are happily calling customers and informing in front of my eyes, new swift to come only next year!!!
Old 16th June 2011, 20:44   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had gone to Bimal, they are happily calling customers and informing in front of my eyes, new swift to come only next year!!!
How many customers challenge them and ask for a "solid" evidence / communication from MS regarding the launch date? Only people who are closely following such threads / scoops will be having a better information on these fronts.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:06   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Marketing to sell off the current Swifts in the dealer inventory! About 2 months ago when I was at a Hyundai dealership, I saw a SE telling someone that Hyundai wont change Verna Transform any time soon, but the new Elantra would be launched soon!
Old 17th June 2011, 00:15   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess new Dzire CS is supposed to launch in Jan, Swift should be coming by Diwali at least.
Absolutely ! I had it checked twice from a MS employee(different folks) and both have reported Diwali time as a potential launch time for NextGen swift.
Old 17th June 2011, 02:54   #668
BHPian

Please, do not trust the dealers/SPs on anything about upcoming events. Reason :

1. They usually are clueless and make up whatever they can.
2. All they are bothered about is clearing up their inventories and achieving their targets/commissions.

This reminds me of an incident. 15 days before the launch of the new i10, when even the kids in the country knew about it, a SP told me that the only new launch happening is the SantaFe. And he also was generous enough to offer me a 10K discount if i closed the deal with the 27th of that month (which later coincidentally turned out to be the new i10s launch date)

Such SPs seriously got to try better than this, to trap BHPians.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:24   #669
BANNED

SPs... never trust them. What they are all interested in is meeting their targets and sell whatever they can to their customers. My case is an example. Recently I went scouting for diesel hatchback. The SP, both at Maruti and Volkswagen very sweetly asked for my daily run. On hearing that I cover close to 70 km every day ended up suggesting me Petrol. Now does it make any sense? Not to me.

But for them... yes. They had long waiting list on diesel, which in any case is selling like hot cakes, and wanted to clear of Petrol cars. One of the SPs even told me a story how he had sold a Wagon R to the customer who had come for Swift Dzire.

I had visited the Maruti Showroom beginning this month and they simply had no clue about the New Swift's launch.

When the new Swift will come, only God and top management at Maruti knows. But one thing is certain that Maruti had gone for Assembly line reorientation from December 2010 onwards. It takes time. And till the time any official word is not from the Maruti side let's keep our fingers crossed, listen to the words circulating around and hope that the car is launched as early as possible.
Old 17th June 2011, 22:13   #670
BHPian

Well I may have some good news. I dont know if this indicates that the launch is close by but Insurance code for new swift has been generated. Got to know it from the same source who sold me one of the first SX4 Diesels in India.

Ill keep this space posted in case I get anymore info on new swift.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:38   #671
Senior - BHPian

The gen-2 Swift launch might have got delayed by a couple of weeks, but, it is learnt that the workers are ready to work overtime to compensate for the same.

Further, few unconfirmed news also say that we will get the latest K12B (Petrol) engine that produces 92 BHP (detuned to 90 BHP in India). Also, as I have already posted earlier that the diesel mill will be more drivable with peak power being generated at 1750 RPM. Definitely good for all those who are looking to buy the new Swift as it will be more powerful & drivable than earlier.
Old 20th June 2011, 21:36   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Same happened to me also
I went to one of the BIMAL the showroom and asked to the SE about any info on the launch of new swift.
He started explaining to me about the loans and interest rate.
I told i am asking about the new swift.
The reply was there is no information about new swift
And he called me two times asking
"Saar when you are coming to book your swift?"
"Saar when you want the test drive?"
And whenever i mention about the new swift he cut the call without saying anything.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:26   #673
BHPian

Indeed a very very bad news:
Due to labour strike, New Swift delayed by another Quarter of an year
Maruti-Suzuki Swift delayed due to Worker Strike | Indian Autos blog
Old 21st June 2011, 14:39   #674
BHPian

I spoke to a Sales guy in Garuda Bangalore. He confirmed that we will be getting the new swift if its booked now. He went on to say if the customer is not specific than he could get old one but if you are interested in new gen than he will take the booking for that one as well.
Old 21st June 2011, 19:56   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
I spoke to a Sales guy in Garuda Bangalore. He confirmed that we will be getting the new swift if its booked now. He went on to say if the customer is not specific than he could get old one but if you are interested in new gen than he will take the booking for that one as well.
But has he given an approximate committment as to when he'll deliver the new swift?
Petrol/diesel/pricing?
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed