Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

If the Aria is launched at prices similar to those quoted for the outlander (mini), it'll make this look really overpriced.
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Just for the record - my OL gave me an avg of 9.36 kmpl on highway with 100% AC and average speeds of 110-130 kmph. In city conditions, it has till now never gone under 7kmpl - with my kind of spirited driving with 100% AC.

Hope this helps air around FE figures of OL
Thanks for mentioning this; always better to know these figures from the actual user than the tester!
Old 26th June 2010, 16:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Auto Build has an article on ASX (I think they need a better sounding name )
Some highlights:
Dimensions: LXWXH=4295X1770X1615
Engine: 1800 cc Diesel producing 150 bhp and 1600 cc petrol (117 bhp)
Gear: 6 Speed manual
Power steering: EPS

Price according to them is going to be around 15 lakhs.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:41   #19
BHPian

Is there any more update on Outlander RVR? Expected launch dates/timeframe in India?
Old 17th August 2010, 10:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

wow...for some reason, those headlights on the mini outlander remind me of the Audi A1 headlights
Old 17th August 2010, 12:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

So if this launches in India for a price which is like 8 lakhs lesser than actual OL, what are they going to cut down on? Definiltely making size smaller doesnt help them in cutting down costs.

If Aria and Outlander are priced at the same price points, will people prefer Aria ? I was thinking Mitsubishi has a much better brand value and status quotient. For me it will be an outlander for sure if the prices are same.

Also whats stopping them from providing a Diesel in the outlander now??? I think 15 lakhs is a decent price for the brand for this car. 10 lakhs will be too less since Cedia is already placed in that segment.

OL Owners: Could you tell me whats the additional features / benefits that OL offers above Endeavour / Captiva / Fortuner for the pricing of 23 lakhs? Or 23 lakhs is on-road price of OL which almost all these cars also will cost on-road ??

I am sorry to ask these many questions -- but want to be clear!
Old 17th August 2010, 22:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
OL Owners: Could you tell me whats the additional features / benefits that OL offers above Endeavour / Captiva / Fortuner for the pricing of 23 lakhs? Or 23 lakhs is on-road price of OL which almost all these cars also will cost on-road ??

I am sorry to ask these many questions -- but want to be clear!
First of all, it would not be absolutely fair to compare OL with Endy/Fortuner since former is a crossover while latter are trucks. Captiva, being another crossover, is a closer competitor. Other than price, as you rightly mentioned, there are only a few things which are common amongst them.

Having said that, feature to feature, here are my inputs -
1) 6 speed Auto tranny only in OL; Captiva and Endy have 5-speed whereas Fortuner's auto version is yet to debut in India.
2) Comfortable sedan like ride and handling (Captiva scores a notch lower) - sorely missed in Endy/Fortuner for obvious reasons.
3) Paddle shifts - IIRC, not available in others.
4) Electrical controls for driver's seat only in OL and Captiva; Others have manual controls.
5) 2WD with 4WD on demand as against Captiva's fulltime AWD. Electronic shift selecter only available in OL and Endy.
6) Not to mention Rockford Fosgate as an OEM.
7) All round discs only on OL and Captiva.
8) Only 2 airbags on all except Endy which has 2 additional curtain airbags IIRC.
9) Endy scores on integrated GPS, DVD player and reverse cam.
10) All except OL are 7 seaters on paper.
11) All except OL have diesel appetite.

These are a few comparo points that I can think of right away

Could have mixed up between a few features of Captiva and Endy and would have no issues in being corrected
Old 17th August 2010, 22:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
First of all, it would not be absolutely fair to compare OL with Endy/Fortuner since former is a crossover while latter are trucks. Captiva, being another crossover, is a closer competitor. Other than price, as you rightly mentioned, there are only a few things which are common amongst them.

Having said that, feature to feature, here are my inputs -
1) 6 speed Auto tranny only in OL; Captiva and Endy have 5-speed whereas Fortuner's auto version is yet to debut in India.
2) Comfortable sedan like ride and handling (Captiva scores a notch lower) - sorely missed in Endy/Fortuner for obvious reasons.
3) Paddle shifts - IIRC, not available in others.
4) Electrical controls for driver's seat only in OL and Captiva; Others have manual controls.
5) 2WD with 4WD on demand as against Captiva's fulltime AWD. Electronic shift selecter only available in OL and Endy.
6) Not to mention Rockford Fosgate as an OEM.
7) All round discs only on OL and Captiva.
8) Only 2 airbags on all except Endy which has 2 additional curtain airbags IIRC.
9) Endy scores on integrated GPS, DVD player and reverse cam.
10) All except OL are 7 seaters on paper.
11) All except OL have diesel appetite.

These are a few comparo points that I can think of right away

Could have mixed up between a few features of Captiva and Endy and would have no issues in being corrected
A few others I could think of / saw in the brochure:

1. Adaptable front system xenon headlamps (they turn when you corner).

2. Flap fold tailgate. Lower tail gate acts like a bench.

3. Headlamp washer.

Cheers
Old 18th August 2010, 08:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Price comparisons

WOW ! Now that's one LIST of equipments.

But how does the listed models fare on a price comparison chart?

Could we get that details as well?

PS : I read some where Rockford Fosgate OEM in OL is just above average or something. So could I know what is the benchmark for comparison? The reason why I asked is when I enquired the price of a RF component speaker, they said 13K for a pair against a 4.5K on JBL 608c. And I am sure the comparison was not with a JBL component speaker, but curious to know what was the RF performance stacked against.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:38   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

There are 5 seater softroaders and 7 seater softroaders (with a fine line between soft roaders and full blood SUV's)
5 Seaters like the CRV, GV, X1, X3, Yeti etc.
7 Seaters like the Captiva, Endy, Fortuner, Pajero, Safari, Aria, etc.

The mini outlander can only cake market share from the 5 seaters not the 7 seaters.

So though in pricing the Aria and mini outlander may be close, they would not eat into each others markets.

The market for 7 seaters is ofcourse bigger.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The mini outlander can only cake market share from the 5 seaters not the 7 seaters.
So though in pricing the Aria and mini outlander may be close, they would not eat into each others markets.
+1 to that.

Aria and Outlander Sport (ASX/RVR) are catering to totally different type of buyers even if they will be priced at a similar range.

Aria will be bought by people or companies/hotels who want MUVs with some extra-bit of luxury along with space over the sedans, but don't want to go for a full fledged SUV.

OL sports will be for the people who want a CUV/mini-SUV with car like dynamics, Civic/Corolla like pricing and also can handle off-roading over the pothole filled roads of India.

Last edited by harishnair : 18th August 2010 at 14:06.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:07   #27
BHPian

15 L for a mini SUV is bit much no?
Old 18th August 2010, 18:51   #28
BHPian

Am happy for Mitsu, but i would like them to get serious about volumes in India. I think they are totally messing their goodwill in India. Maybe the colt and new lancer should be considered ahead of anything else
Old 19th August 2010, 08:57   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Aria will be able to handle all the off roading (Potholed and unpaved village roads) that the mini outlander would be able to do while the mini outlander would actually ride better on paved roads. Quite odd but that's a reality of Ladder Frame X'over vehicles vs ,Mono softroaders for the Indian conditions.
Old 20th August 2010, 01:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Aria will be able to handle all the off roading (Potholed and unpaved village roads) that the mini outlander would be able to do while the mini outlander would actually ride better on paved roads. Quite odd but that's a reality of Ladder Frame X'over vehicles vs ,Mono softroaders for the Indian conditions.
Mitsubishi RVR--
Dimensions L/W/H (mm): 4295 / 1770 / 1625
Engines--> 2.0L MIVEC; 147bhp@6000rpm; 197Nm@4200rpm
1.8L DiD Diesel ; 147bhp@4000rpm; 300Nm@4200rpm
Kerb Weight-- 1290kg (Petrol);1525 (Diesel 4WD)

Tata Aria--
Dimensions L/W/H (mm): 4,650/1,918 /1,925
Kerb Weight-- 1,920 kg

The Aria is capable of doing all the extra bit of off-roading but it is considerably larger in dimension and it's also heavier. So a sedan customer will feel more at home in a RVR than in an Aria and also most likely he wont be needing the extra bit of space which Aria offers. It will be really tough to convince a sedan buyer to go for an Aria over the RVR if both are priced in a similar range.

Last edited by harishnair : 20th August 2010 at 01:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks