Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Mitsubishi RVR coming to India

ACI reports that Mini Outlander will be coming next year in 2011 at a price of 15 lacs..
SCOOP! Mini Outlander coming | Autocar India

Car looks nice .. if priced on road 14 lacs - 15 lacs with manual / auto .. i think itll sell well.. since full sized outlander is at 23 lacs mumbai..
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Good to see the Yeti segment already gaining momentum even before anything is available! This should be really good! Will watch out!
Only problem is the Petrol Part. Any diesel plans? The site does talk about it though.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2010 at 13:23.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm so desperate to see the options in this upcoming promising Mini SUV segment.
1.6L to 1.8L engine with 10-12 lacs pricetag will certainly be a hit.
The same "147bhp 1.8-litre turbocharged direct-injection diesel engine" thats been launched in Japan will be very well accepted I feel...I'm Eagerly watching out for the Indian spec.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:28   #4
BHPian

I am surprised that we are comfortable with a 10-15 L Price tag. Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.

If they can assemble and sell the Cedia at 8.5 Range i am sure they can do this at a little more premium and keep it under 10. If they do it with a Diesel then they got a car that can be a chart buster.

It is after all a small cuv/suv
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:30   #5
BHPian

Is there any word on its fuel efficiency? I hope the toned down body in this current "Mini" version would actually improve that aspect from the Outlander (4-5kmpl)...
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lol, they scooped the Bigger outlander and also mentioned it would come around 15-16 lacs . The mini also the same?
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.
+1 to that.

The mini Outlander should be priced below 10 lakh rupees ex-showroom. The new lancer and the Pajero sports, when launched, should be around 12 to 14 Lakhs.

Boy! I am dreaming
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
+1 to that.

The mini Outlander should be priced below 10 lakh rupees ex-showroom. The new lancer and the Pajero sports, when launched, should be around 12 to 14 Lakhs.

Boy! I am dreaming
+1 to that, it will be a dream but if it comes at OTR of 11-12 lakhs many might opt for it. I love the looks of it
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:56   #9
BHPian

IMO Mitsubishi should launch the RVR in the 12-14L range instead of launching the new Lancer.It will help them avoid direct competition against the likes of Toyota/Honda/Skoda and also garner more sales with the vehicle's SUV like looks.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:05   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Is there any word on its fuel efficiency? I hope the toned down body in this current "Mini" version would actually improve that aspect from the Outlander (4-5kmpl)...
Where did you get this FE figures from for the current Outlander?

Do not blindly believe in whatever you hear. Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:10   #11
BHPian

If this comes I would surely be a serious prospect.

Bring it on Mitsu!

Cheers,
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Where did you get this FE figures from for the current Outlander?

Do not blindly believe in whatever you hear. Thanks!
There are initial Ownership reports & reviews in Team-bhp & outside that shows this figure. Most reviews I have read speak of about 5kmpl in City conditions. I could point you to this Team-bhp review as of now:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1003820.

Then again, do you really care about FE from Mitsu sports cars/SUVs? It really is a passion car; I just love the Outlander, never mind the FE!
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
There are initial Ownership reports & reviews in Team-bhp & outside that shows this figure. Most reviews I have read speak of about 5kmpl in City conditions. I could point you to this Team-bhp review as of now:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1003820.

Then again, do you really care about FE from Mitsu sports cars/SUVs? It really is a passion car; I just love the Outlander, never mind the FE!
That's what I meant when I asked you not to blindly believe in what folks report.

The on board comp displays mileage in a weird fashion - for short trips (a typical test drive, for example), it could show a consumption of 20l/100kms however, as the vehicle warms up, it settles down to anything between 11-13 kmpl depending on traffic conditions and driving style.

Another pertinent point - the test drive vehicles are thoroughly abused by self-proclaimed auto enthusiasts/petrol heads like us. Therefore, the fuel economy returned by a test drive vehicle should be taken with loads of salt.

Just for the record - my OL gave me an avg of 9.36 kmpl on highway with 100% AC and average speeds of 110-130 kmph. In city conditions, it has till now never gone under 7kmpl - with my kind of spirited driving with 100% AC.

Hope this helps air around FE figures of OL

And yes, you are right - 3 quick flicks on paddle shift lever on the left followed by 3 more sanely timed flicks on right one.. and to hell with godblessed FE
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:56   #14
BHPian

mini outlander at under 10 ex fac would be a knockout success but i doubt it will come true. manufacturers tend to milk indians to get the maximum returns on a model, mitsubishi has up till now adopted the approach of sell less price more so lets see how they go about it however if mini outlander on road mumbai around 13 would be just awesome and i would definitely wait to buy it..
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:41   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
I am surprised that we are comfortable with a 10-15 L Price tag. Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.

If they can assemble and sell the Cedia at 8.5 Range i am sure they can do this at a little more premium and keep it under 10. If they do it with a Diesel then they got a car that can be a chart buster.

It is after all a small cuv/suv
Only problem is that, they would bring it on as a CBU/CKU, which would jack up the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks