Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:03   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra First Choice's Monsoon-proof Package at Rs. 149

From the official communication received:

Quote:
The Monsoon Proof package will offer a range of services and is a complete ‘Value for Money’ proposition at an unbelievable price of Rs. 149. This package will make our customers’ cars ready for the travel hazards they could face during the monsoons. In addition to this, customers also get to take home an umbrella absolutely free. Available at outlets from Mumbai, Hyderabad and Delhi.

All cars will be attended to by qualified technicians. Work performed:

- Headlight focusing and beam adjustment

- Wiper blade adjustment and replacement

- Wheel alignment

- Anti-rust treatment for all steel accessories

- Air filter check and cleaning

- Complete shampoo wash

- Sprinkle test for the car to detect water leakage in the cabin

- Battery check and jelly application

- Self starter and other electrical check

- Mud flap check and alignment
My take : Nice way for Mahindra to get first-timers into their First Choice workshops. At 149 bucks, the pricing is obviously subsidised. Heck, the wheel alignment or shampoo wash alone cost 149 bucks. The rest is free.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:25   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From the official communication received:

My take : Nice way for Mahindra to get first-timers into their First Choice workshops. At 149 bucks, the pricing is obviously subsidised. Heck, the wheel alignment or shampoo wash alone cost 149 bucks. The rest is free.
One doubt GTO.
This service is only for Mahindra car or its applicable to other brand also.

Its only available in outlets from Mumbai, Hyderabad and Delhi. :(

What about the owners of other cities?
Mahindra should available this facility in all the outlets in the country. because its raining everywhere in rainy season.

Last edited by KALINGA : 23rd June 2010 at 09:27.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
At 149 bucks, the pricing is obviously subsidised.
They will recover costs by selling wiper blades at MRP and pointing out frivolous
issues that will be "fixed" on a chargeable basis.

IMO - Its nothing but a ploy to increase footfalls at their stores. I would avoid taking my car there as its highly unlikely that a proper job will be done.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:42   #4
BHPian

Thats nice to hear. Just hope they start in more cities. Makes for a nice way to start the monsoons.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:05   #5
BHPian

A good initiative if executed properly.

As a fellow BHPian has mentioned, this seems to be a good move by the company to attract prospective customers. Regarding the service quality, lot depends on the execution and the honest efforts from the company's side. I feel, only after experiencing it, we would be in a position to judge it. And yes, if they start it in Pune , I would give it a try.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
They will recover costs by selling wiper blades at MRP and pointing out frivolous
issues that will be "fixed" on a chargeable basis.

IMO - Its nothing but a ploy to increase footfalls at their stores. I would avoid taking my car there as its highly unlikely that a proper job will be done.
I think the cost of the wiper blades is included in the total package. IMO the package cost is doubtful when wheel alignment would cost around 300/- why would someone do it for 149/-. Either this is a rip off or the services boasted would not match to the actuals.
IMHO car owners should skip such deals. I have visited the Mahindra First outlets in Thane (both of them) about a couple of months back, I was not convinced of their quality looking at the outlets.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:53   #7
BHPian

Even Maruti service stations does a 5 point check and liquid top up's for Rs.200/-
Old 24th June 2010, 09:53   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
One doubt GTO.
This service is only for Mahindra car or its applicable to other brand also.
Mahindra First Choice offers its services to all car brands.

Quote:
Mahindra should available this facility in all the outlets in the country. because its raining everywhere in rainy season.
LOL! I'm sure they know its raining everywhere. This is most probably a trial run and, depending on the market response in these 3 cities, they'll release this package at other locations too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
issues that will be "fixed" on a chargeable basis. IMO - Its nothing but a ploy to increase footfalls at their stores. I would avoid taking my car there as its highly unlikely that a proper job will be done.
Agreed on the second point (increase footfalls), though only partially on the first (frivolous issues). Would vary from service advisor to service advisor. I'd reserve commenting on the same until a couple of BHPians try this monsoon package out and update the thread with their experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think the cost of the wiper blades is included in the total package.
No chance. Probably the labour for "wiper replacement" is
Old 24th June 2010, 10:00   #9
BHPian

Well this is quite like the Jiffy Lube oil change service in the US - where they have doiscounted cooupons for oil change for only 9.99$, but they end up pointing a whole lot of crap like air-filter,wiper blades, radiator job etc etc...and make money there.

This could turn out quite profitable for M&M, although on paper Rs. 149/- looks nothing
Old 24th June 2010, 11:00   #10
BHPian

Since Rs 149 is not a significant amount, thought of giving it a try. Called up the MFC office in Okhla and was told they have only one service station in north Delhi (GT Karnal road).

Considering the fact that this place would be nothing short of 60 kms one way from my home, abandoned the idea as it would mean burning close to Rs. 1000 of fuel just for an experiment and be classified in the category of 'penny wise, pound foolish'
Old 24th June 2010, 12:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is this offer going on in Bangalore too??? Also, I wonder if they will work on anything beyond Boleros, scorpios and xylos...
Old 24th June 2010, 12:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a neat package. Shampoo wash itself costs 250 bucks
Old 24th June 2010, 14:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Since Rs 149 is not a significant amount, thought of giving it a try. Called up the MFC office in Okhla and was told they have only one service station in north Delhi (GT Karnal road).

Considering the fact that this place would be nothing short of 60 kms one way from my home, abandoned the idea as it would mean burning close to Rs. 1000 of fuel just for an experiment and be classified in the category of 'penny wise, pound foolish'
Rs.1000 of fuel for 120kms? Is your car a Standard 2000?
Old 24th June 2010, 14:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Rs.1000 of fuel for 120kms? Is your car a Standard 2000?
No, its an Outlander Considering the worst case scenario in terms of traffic conditions, am expecting a mileage of 7kmpl for an approximate distance of 120 kms (being on the conservative side - am sure it would be more). Rest is simple mathematics (with of course, rounding off to the nearest thousand )

Last edited by AlokSriva : 24th June 2010 at 14:41.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post

If permitted by sunday schedule, I'll get it done and post the info. The said place is near to my house.

Thanks for the info GTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks