Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:19   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet offers cashless ownership on all Indian models!

Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of these maintenance packages. At one end of the scale, there is Chevy with a hassle-free ownership experience. At the other, there is BMW with their 5 year / 100,000 kms all-inclusive packages. Due to competitive pressures, standard + extended warranty durations have gone longer & longer (Link to related thread). Its now time for other manufacturers to follow suit with their own cashless ownership offers.

Cost of Chevy's 3 year / 45,000 km all-inclusive packages:

Spark - Standard
Beat - Rs 13,499
UVA - Rs 13,999
Aveo - Rs 16,999
Optra Petrol - Rs.17,999
Optra Diesel - Re 26,999
Cruze - Rs 33,999

Excerpt from the official communication received:

Quote:
As part of the Chevrolet Cashless Ownership Offer, the customer will only have to pay one-time subsidized amount to avail free maintenance & service of his car for the next 3 years or 45,000 kilometers, whichever is earlier, to ensure low ownership and maintenance cost. This offer will cover all the Periodic Maintenance Services and Running Repairs. In tandem with the “Chevrolet Promise”, in case the cost exceeds the maximum maintenance expense for 3 years outlined for each model, Chevrolet promises a full refund of the differential. The Cashless ownership offer will be applicable to the newly launched and much sought after Chevrolet Beat as well at a mere cost of Rs 13499/- covering all services and maintainence for a period of 3 years/45000 kms whichever is earlier.
The CBU Captiva is not part of this offer.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:52   #2
BHPian

I own a Chevy Spark and i must say the maintenance package is one of the best offerings from GM. I just pay for the pick and drop and not a single penny extra. I think GM is doing everything possible and its quite evident in its aggresive marketing to eat up the market share from its competitors
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:35   #3

This goes to show how serious GM is about the Indian market. After Maruti they have the most number of models in the Indian Market and they have been doing a lot of things to change their brand image. Here's a link to an article posted earlier here on the forum.

This is one of the reasons I have decided go in for a Chevy myself (albeit a used one, which I'm sure team-bhp wholeheartedly approves).

I just hope all the manufacturers follow suit, can only mean good times ahead for car buyers here.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great move by GM. This shows that they are really committed to the Indian market and they are banking on the quality of their cars to offer such a maintenance package. By including their new cars like the Beat and the Cruze under this umbrella, people will surely look up and take notice and actually consider GM as an alternative to the other more popular car makers and not just think that its just a poly to sell their old aging cars. Good Move GM. Maybe my next car will be a GM too.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
I own a Chevy Spark and i must say the maintenance package is one of the best offerings from GM. I just pay for the pick and drop and not a single penny extra. I think GM is doing everything possible and its quite evident in its aggresive marketing to eat up the market share from its competitors
I have an Aveo which is part of the package too. Surprisingly I dont even pay for the pick up and drop also. I was told by my dealer that only those not part of the package have to pay for this service. So please double check with your dealer. I only pay for any rubber parts that have to be replaced, and thats happened only once. ( Should rubber parts come in running repairs?)

Neverthless I am very happy with the 3 years mainatanance package. My car has done about 40k in little less than 2 years and I have just spent Rs.100/- in total on the car. When I bought the car the package cost me 10k+ only, which I think has been totally worth the money spent.

Apart from this package Chevrolet also offers 1,00,000 kms warranty on parts, which is also a big boon.

I am very happy all in all with a GM car.
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:19   #6
BHPian

Hey Deky,

Thanks for the information. There are 3 GM dealers in Bangalore and i have got my car serviced with 2 of them. Both of them are more than 20Kms away from my place. May be thats the reason?? But i had honestly never heard that i wont have to pay for the pick and drop. It was cleared to me that i would have to pay for the pick and drop when a booked a service slot for my vehicle. Not sure if these rules vary from one city to another
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
I have an Aveo which is part of the package too. Surprisingly I dont even pay for the pick up and drop also. I was told by my dealer that only those not part of the package have to pay for this service. So please double check with your dealer.
Now, thats a news to me. Anyway, never utilized this so far.

I am also done with 2 yrs now. Just little worried about the service costs after one more year
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good effort by GM. Goes to show what effect competition has on the car market. The maintenance plan was the only thing seriously lacking in the Beat (vis-a-vis the Spark etc.) and the Figo's resounding initial success forced GM's hand.

I'm loving this , this bodes well for us, the Indian consumer.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Now, thats a news to me. Anyway, never utilized this so far.

I am also done with 2 yrs now. Just little worried about the service costs after one more year
I recently got a message about buying additional warranty for my Spark and thus covering it under warranty for a total of 5 years. I am not sure if this includes the cashless ownership, but definitely worth taking, IMHO especially if you are concerned with warranty repairs after the initial 3 years are up.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:30   #10
BHPian

I own a Chevy Cruze which has done about 15800kms. When I bought the car in December last it came with a 100000km/3year warranty.

I did the 15000km 3rd service yesterday and the dealer said ill have to pay for the Engine oil change and labor etc. Then he called up after a TD of my car and said brake pads have to be replaced which costs Rs.5000/- for front and Rs.8000/- for rear. When I asked him if this comes under the warranty pakage he replied in the negative. I asked him not to replace the brake pads and deliver the car.

I would like to know from GTO as he has mentioned that 3 years/45000km package for Cruze costs Rs.33,999/- do I need to pay this amount before hand so that all my services are covered up? How does this work against the original package of 3years/100,000km which was offered when I bought the Cruze.

I am realy confused with all this.

Will be helpful if more light is thrown on this issue.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I recently got a message about buying additional warranty for my Spark and thus covering it under warranty for a total of 5 years. I am not sure if this includes the cashless ownership, but definitely worth taking, IMHO especially if you are concerned with warranty repairs after the initial 3 years are up.
Is not the same extended warranty which we usually get for other vehicles too?

I think that's only for spares.

Whereas cashless is for all - consumables, service and parts which falls to be replaced at that particular service interval.

I will also check with these guys in here.

Thanks for highlighting.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I own a Chevy Cruze which has done about 15800kms. When I bought the car in December last it came with a 100000km/3year warranty.

I did the 15000km 3rd service yesterday and the dealer said ill have to pay for the Engine oil change and labor etc. Then he called up after a TD of my car and said brake pads have to be replaced which costs Rs.5000/- for front and Rs.8000/- for rear. When I asked him if this comes under the warranty pakage he replied in the negative. I asked him not to replace the brake pads and deliver the car.

I would like to know from GTO as he has mentioned that 3 years/45000km package for Cruze costs Rs.33,999/- do I need to pay this amount before hand so that all my services are covered up? How does this work against the original package of 3years/100,000km which was offered when I bought the Cruze.

Just few points from my side.

100000/3 year warranty is the usual spares warranty. The cashless is little different. It covers even the consumables.

But again, the consumables are not always free. it is free when that particular consumable is suppose to be replaced during a particular service schedule.

So, engine oil is free. But not always. Its free when it is suppose to be replaced as per service intervals. So, the 2nd service its free. But if you want to change it during your 3rd service too, you need to pay.

Hope this clears some air.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Cashless ownership was one of the feature which had made me finalize Aveo as one of the options when I was searching for a sedan. Made me think of going in for Aveo with cashless inspite of being 35K more than the Fiesta. Unfortunately the dealer was unwilling to offer me the cashless ownership free during the negotiations making me think otherwise before I finalized on Fiesta.
A couple of GM car owners in my society swear by the scheme and have hugle benefitted by zero cost during the servicings. I dont think the scheme is extendable to the Extended Warranty period, maybe it needs to be bought agains.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:26   #14
BHPian

The cashless scheme was not available when I purchased my Aveo 1.6 LT model, however the maintenance cost has been quite low for me. For 4 paid service, I have paid less than Rs 12000, which works out less than the cashless scheme offered .

Generally the GM service cost is low. The cost of servicing my Santro is higher than Aveo
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Sameer - I think Cruze was added to the cashless scheme just recently, so your car might not have the package and it is pre-paid at the time of purchase.

BTW, brake pad replacements at 16K seems odd... real hard driving - huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks