Team-BHP - Punto Sport to launch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Punto Sport to launch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84206-punto-sport-launch-10.html)

friends , in the motoroids review , it says

" the new Punto gets a better, smoother, finish on the plastics and the grain size on the texture has been made finer to make them feel upmarket "

"the new car now gives better power and improved quality on the plastics"

Now is it that all existing GP models get the improved plastics or its only for the 90HP one.
IMO keeping costs in mind and other economics they would have commonized the IP/facia among the model line than keeping it only for the 90 HP

any inputs / feedbacks

Think plastics have smoother texture across all variants.heres a pic of the supposedly better plastic on my 2010 punto.
Grain on the plastics are softer.old puntos had uneven texture leading to shiny patches and cheap looks.

^^ I'm not able to see the picture brother.It seems to me that you forgot to attach the picture.

Regards,
Amith

With all these good add-ons, The Punto will surely be a Swift Beater:D

Guys wanted more power on the Punto and Fiat has answered it, what more do you wantclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1959663)
Guys wanted more power on the Punto and Fiat has answered it, what more do you want

Yes it will be a Swift beater, but at what price? 7 lakhs for a hatchback which is near the price of Jazz for increasing 15 bhp? Well, the moment I saw Punto, 90 HP & Diesel, I was considering to sell my car & settle for this one. But looking at it practically I see the poor T.A.S.S & the exhorbidant price. On the other hand, Micra which is already looking attractive than Swift comes with a competitive pricing & loads of features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1959742)
Yes it will be a Swift beater, but at what price? 7 lakhs for a hatchback which is near the price of Jazz for increasing 15 bhp?

Punto also has airbags and alloys that Swift does not in its diesel avatar. It does make sense for people who would have gone for a Swift ZDI if it was available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1959742)
Yes it will be a Swift beater, but at what price? 7 lakhs for a hatchback which is near the price of Jazz for increasing 15 bhp? Well, the moment I saw Punto, 90 HP & Diesel, I was considering to sell my car & settle for this one. But looking at it practically I see the poor T.A.S.S & the exhorbidant price. On the other hand, Micra which is already looking attractive than Swift comes with a competitive pricing & loads of features.

:OT

Well Micra top end would cost here around 6.1L according to the dealer. If you go and check out the car, its certainly not in the league of Punto, Polo and i20. Though fit and finish was ok, it was feeling damn fragile. Anyways lets not get any other car into this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krish3 (Post 1958549)
Raj, rest assured the Punto has superb braking so it wouldn't lag in that department. I know such apprehensions have started after you've seen or heard about the rocket hatch.. right?

No buddy after reading some reviews of i20 crdi top end variant

Even if Fiat decides to increase the Price by 60K for the 90hp Punto over Punto 75hp, the car would be overpriced and won't sell in the volumes Fiat desperately needs.

I agree with you Anshuman, that Punto 90 Hp wont sell in volumes but it wont be over priced as the 1.4 i 20 would still cost more than it.

Also I think FIAT is looking for a sale of 25k cars per year for 2010-11 as mentioned by Mr. Rajiv kapoor in some interview. This sales target will be easily achived, not by just this model but the Linea Tjet which will also be launched sometime this year. So as of now FIAT does seem to be in line with its targets.

^^ Fiat would love to see waiting queues for their cars and sales figures running into lacs but to avoid embarrassment they declare their targets to be lower.

All manufacturers would love to see queues of people lined for their car :) But for the kind of reputation FIAT had gathered due to their A** 6 yrs back I think they are doing pretty decent numbers now, The first target for FIAT was to again make the FIAT brand acceptable to the people, The sales will follow.This is just my opinion.No offence meant to anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MihirC (Post 1960237)
All manufacturers would love to see queues of people lined for their car :) But for the kind of reputation FIAT had gathered due to their A** 6 yrs back I think they are doing pretty decent numbers now, The first target for FIAT was to again make the FIAT brand acceptable to the people, The sales will follow.

agree:

I see more Puntos and Lineas on road nowadays than the days I saw a Palio, Sienna or a Uno.

Yes, FIAT always builds cars like tanks and all of them handle beautifully. The only disappointing stuff has always been A*S. Hope Fiat learns from its previous experience.

The Fiat had bad image due to their dealership and service network, not because of their products. Once the image is ruined, it would be difficult for anyone to build on them. Fiat is no different.

Now they have entirely different dealership and service network, and in the times to come, Fiat will rule. They have amazing products and people cannot close their eyes on this for long.

CLJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by MihirC (Post 1960237)
All manufacturers would love to see queues of people lined for their car :) But for the kind of reputation FIAT had gathered due to their A** 6 yrs back I think they are doing pretty decent numbers now, The first target for FIAT was to again make the FIAT brand acceptable to the people, The sales will follow.This is just my opinion.No offence meant to anyone.

You are absolutely right. They are trying hard to make a dent in the Indian car industry with the baggage of bad customer perception. Luckily, in the meantime, the revenue generated from engine sales had made it worthwhile for them to stick around. I'd say, luckily for us :).