Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 12:46   #181
Senior - BHPian

"the most powerful diesel hatch"

Fiat, IMO, could be correct with the statement... but, does this car really perform to the potential (read 90 BHP) is yet to be seen. Fiat's & European cars are normally heavy cars, & this heaviness takes the sheen out of the on road performance. I understand that Autocar's review was on a yet to finalised car (specs), yet I would not buy a car for its highway galloping capabilities only.

Yes I do see that the interiors are becoming better over the existing trims & this is good sign for Fiat. Hopefully Punto numbers nudge ahead of Lienea with this one.

This is why we see the Japs scoring in the past with their light weight cars that were peppier to drive.
Old 5th July 2010, 14:16   #182
BHPian

Some one just tell me whether the AC in this car is powerful and silent than my GP 1.4. I am having really bad time in chennai heat because of AC in my GP 1.4.
Old 5th July 2010, 14:28   #183
BHPian

@ashok_lat

ask the dealership to check the ECU of your car. Few Puntos along with quiet a few Lineas had problem with the AC because of some flaw with the ECU.
Fiat was changing the ECU F.O.C. as far as i remember.

@sidindica

buddy any chances of ordering one car without the cheap looking chrome handles and getting the body colored ones??

I sincerely hope that FIAT undercuts the i20 diesel by quiet a good margin when it comes to pricing. IMO it's the only way they can think of selling some decent numbers.

@all punto owners

has your car's gearshift knob also started changing directions?
Old 5th July 2010, 16:50   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I'm not sure if that's true, but atleast it will get people's attention. Or is it that the engine is rated at 93PS (91 HP) like the BS4 Linea?

Any idea if Fiat is planning to use it in the advt campaigns for Punto 90HP?
It is branded as 90 HP. This engine is 93 ps against i20's 90 ps. Hence it is the most powerful diesel hatchback presently.

Fiat is politically right !
Old 5th July 2010, 17:50   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All this while, we've been asking for more power from the Punto. Now that she finally has 90 stock horses, I'm seeing comments against the price (we really are difficult to please, aren't we ). C'mon guys, ignore the damn price. This is not a car you buy with the head as much as you do with the heart. Who cares even if its 50 - 75K too expensive?

Punto + Linea Turbo + Petes = 100 BHP .
Ditto! All these numbers are just academic what matters is the drive. Just had a few days fun with the Figo, highway + City + Hills and I am madly in love and never once found it underpowered for our driving conditions. Comes with JUST 68 bhp on paper but can blow the pants off most cars on the roads including the petrol one's and it handles like a dream.
For people who know, I did Chail to Zirakpur in 2 hours 20 minutes in pouring rain. Took a few turns at 70-80 odd while chasing an Indigo CS just to see where the limits of the Figo exist, but couldnt find it out coz it was just so sublime going around corners. Punto 90 bhp would be magical given the Figo was so good.

The reverse is true for the i20 and Jazz both of which I liked very much when I saw then for the first time but the whole driving experience left me underwhelmed.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th July 2010 at 17:52.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:57   #186
BHPian

All - haven't read all the pages here but atleast from first post it seems like a diesel sport? or has that changed and we are getting a petrol turbo :-)
Old 6th July 2010, 02:22   #187
BHPian

jassi, diesel jaisa hoi nahin. I mean it's a diesel
Old 6th July 2010, 02:40   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Ditto! All these numbers are just academic what matters is the drive. Just had a few days fun with the Figo, highway + City + Hills and I am madly in love and never once found it underpowered for our driving conditions. Comes with JUST 68 bhp on paper but can blow the pants off most cars on the roads including the petrol one's and it handles like a dream.
For people who know, I did Chail to Zirakpur in 2 hours 20 minutes in pouring rain. Took a few turns at 70-80 odd while chasing an Indigo CS just to see where the limits of the Figo exist, but couldnt find it out coz it was just so sublime going around corners. Punto 90 bhp would be magical given the Figo was so good.

The reverse is true for the i20 and Jazz both of which I liked very much when I saw then for the first time but the whole driving experience left me underwhelmed.
I can vouch for you words. FIGO is dream to drive considering the price & equipment in the car. Fiesta TDCi is a reliable engine and needs no introduction of its limits.

Where as i20 on hills was better to drive than on highways. Jazz i have no idea as i have only been in Jazz 1 time that too display car.
Old 6th July 2010, 11:13   #189
BHPian

Finally the wait comes to an end. Can't wait to try out this beauty.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:38   #190
BHPian

Awesome news! Going to give Concorde Hyderabad a call now. They have been after me to get me to buy the FGT. I hope there is something else to differentiate this car apart from the chrome handles and the 90HP badge like a specific colour perhaps..
Old 6th July 2010, 18:23   #191
Senior - BHPian

I called Concorde Motors Cochin to enquire about Punto 90HP. They promised to call right back with info. I received the call from them about half an hour later. TD vehicle is not available with them, but they told me that one Punto 90HP (TD vehicle) has been despatched for them from the plant and TD can be arranged next week. No info available about pricing yet.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:06   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I called Concorde Motors Cochin to enquire about Punto 90HP. They promised to call right back with info. I received the call from them about half an hour later. TD vehicle is not available with them, but they told me that one Punto 90HP (TD vehicle) has been despatched for them from the plant and TD can be arranged next week. No info available about pricing yet.
Great! Thanks for calling them up, I can't wait to know the pricing. I am quite optimistic about the pricing being good.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:24   #193
JLN
BHPian

Punto 90BHP and Punto Sport

I stopped by the Prerana Motors showroom in Bangalore to show the Linea and the Manza to my wife (we are contemplating buying one). I asked the Fiat sales guy about the Punto sport. Here is what he had to say - surprise:

The Punto 90 HP is expected to be launched by July 15. They have started taking bookings and advance amounts and are expecting to start delivering the cars by July 22. The price is expected to be about 40-70K more than the current Punto EP.

He mentioned that the Punto Sport is different from the 90 HP. The Punto Sport is expected to come with sporty seats (leather optional), 16 inch alloys with low profile tyres and probably a sunroof. The pricing of the Sport will be about 1 lakh more than the current EP with all the bells and whistles.

So we may have 2 new Puntos in the next few weeks.

The other thing he mentioned was that moving forward EP may come with 90 HP default. So maybe Fiat is trying to up the game on the Punto by providing the EP with 90 HP - would be awesome if this is done at the same price or with a marginal increase.

Last edited by JLN : 6th July 2010 at 20:33.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:29   #194
Senior - BHPian

Pricing the Punto 90 hp more than 15k's over and above the current Emotion pack trim would be a sacrilege. Fiat needs volumes at this point of time, not exclusivity and it makes sense as well because apart from the FGT to VGT and a remapped ECU, absolutely nothing else changes.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:34   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Pricing the Punto 90 hp more than 15k's over and above the current Emotion pack trim would be a sacrilege. Fiat needs volumes at this point of time, not exclusivity and it makes sense as well because apart from the FGT to VGT and a remapped ECU, absolutely nothing else changes.

To be honest, I see a price increase of 20K (almost the same as you), and if that indeed is the case, boy, would that be great!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks