Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 08:54   #226
BHPian

I don't understand why Fiats acting so weird. Obviously no company would give out any details before the actual/ official launch, but for a car which is about to get launched in a matter of few days... i tried calling on 1800-209-5556, to check whether i can book a test drive the customer exe. on the line said " sir we don't have any updates on the car yet and i think there is no such car as the Punto 90HP (or the VGT)"
This makes me ask Fiat:- are you really serious about the launch of this car and the Punto brand overall??
Old 8th July 2010, 09:07   #227
BHPian

Called up the toll free number and initial response was :"Sir, officially there is no confirmed news on Punto 90HP/Sports model" then I played little emotional card which I will not disclose, then "Sir there are 2 models of Punto under going tests and Punto 90HP is going to be launched before Dashera and Punto Sports before Diwali"

Howzzzzz that
Old 8th July 2010, 10:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Called up the toll free number and initial response was :"Sir, officially there is no confirmed news on Punto 90HP/Sports model" then I played little emotional card which I will not disclose, then "Sir there are 2 models of Punto under going tests and Punto 90HP is going to be launched before Dashera and Punto Sports before Diwali"

Howzzzzz that
I'll just say, very well done .
Old 8th July 2010, 10:51   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then I played little emotional card which I will not disclose
But we want to know.
Come on. You got to tell us.

Patience guys.
Car will come. And anyways, half of the posters here already have a FIAT. Going by the eagerness it seems a good percentage of you will be upgrading to new Punto.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:02   #230
BHPian

Quote:

Howzzzzz that
Punto 90HP before Dushhera?
With the test vehicles arriving at dealerships and manuals of Punto FGT already covering Punto 90HP, I think launch should be pretty close.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

I would take the news of Punto Sports by Diwali with a pinch of salt. If the Punto 90HP is priced about 30K more than current VGT, that would take it close to top-end Polo/i20 in price. Would Fiat then launch a new Punto Sports version which is 50K more expensive? That's unlikely, unless they reduce the prices for the current Punto MJD versions, so that the Punto Sports, when launched, would be only 15-20K more expensive than top-end Polo/i20. It still seems far-fetched to me.

Or maybe the 'Punto Sports' will be a Limited Edition variant.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:30   #232
BHPian

With sales of ~1000 /month how many variants Punto will FIAT maintain?
- 1.2 Active/Dynamic/Emotion
- 1.4 Dynamic/Emotion/E+
- 1.3 Active/Dynamic/Emotion/E+
- 1.3 VGT E+
- 1.3 VGT Sport

Almost 11-12 variants with ~1000 sales/month implies <100 sales/month/variant which is very low and high overhead.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:23   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
With sales of ~1000 /month how many variants Punto will FIAT maintain?
- 1.2 Active/Dynamic/Emotion
- 1.4 Dynamic/Emotion/E+
- 1.3 Active/Dynamic/Emotion/E+
- 1.3 VGT E+
- 1.3 VGT Sport

Almost 11-12 variants with ~1000 sales/month implies <100 sales/month/variant which is very low and high overhead.
I feel that's exactly why they need to offer more variants to go up from ~1000 cars/ month to say ~2000 per month.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:02   #234
BHPian

and not to forget, there must be atleast a few hundred buyers who must have held their car purchase only because FIAT is "supposedly" to come out with a new and improved variant of punto and linea.

another decision making factor in many of the buyers today is, the number of cars they see through out the day (the same car). logic being very simple "itne log khareed rahe hai - bevkoof to nahi honge!!"

I think along with launching new variants and all, FIAT needs to be more aggressive in marketing their products. The linea advts. were great - but where are they now??
maybe doing some events - showing that their cars also can be very fuel efficient/safe/great to drive n bla bla. I hate to admit this but along with the great advts. they probably need to rope in an icon as a brand ambassador. just see what SRK is doing with hyundai...

Yuvi is forgotten for the punto, I think they need to rope in someone BIG who will help in making the brand noticeable.
wonder who?!?!? (though the speculation will be totally OT - still this is what FIAT probably needs to sell its cars in better numbers)
Old 8th July 2010, 14:15   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Howzzzzz that
How can a call centre guy know?

Team-BHP who answerd the call, identify yourself !
Old 8th July 2010, 14:18   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I feel that's exactly why they need to offer more variants to go up from ~1000 cars/ month to say ~2000 per month.
You mean to say that 10 variants which presently account for 1000 cars/mth and the 2 new additions i.e. VGT and VGT Sports will add another 1000 to reach ~2000?

Man I really wish that happens, but it is like asking the moon.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:05   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Yuvi is forgotten for the punto, I think they need to rope in someone BIG who will help in making the brand noticeable.
wonder who?!?!? (though the speculation will be totally OT - still this is what FIAT probably needs to sell its cars in better numbers)
They should have stick with the Master Blaster.
He has a tremendous brand appeal.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:50   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
You mean to say that 10 variants which presently account for 1000 cars/mth and the 2 new additions i.e. VGT and VGT Sports will add another 1000 to reach ~2000?

Man I really wish that happens, but it is like asking the moon.

The point I was trying to make is that they should do this to increase their sale. The number here is only rhetorical.

With this, FIAT will have a very good product portfolio that will/may appeal to different kind of buyers. There would be one for everyone.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:57   #239
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat Grande Punto 90HP will be launched on 16th July in Delhi.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th July 2010, 16:41   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Well, Sid who was in the car in the pic and who owned a MJD Punto E+ has spoken and confirmed that the button was not broken. And still you have judged from the pic that it is broken. All I am saying is don't judge from the pic.
Anyone who owns a Punto can tell at a look at the pic that the button is broken, Why are you hell bent on proving the switch is not broken?

PS: I would request all Punto owners to please look at post#221, and comment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed